“A Treasure that Everyone Should Know About”

The Inn at Turkey Hill
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 11 May 2009

My girlfriend and I were heading up to Knoebels a few weeks ago and we wanted a B&B to stay in the night before. Once we arrived, the people and staff were very nice and accomadating. We couldn't believe how the clean the room was. The decor and outdoor scenery was anything but amazing. The fireplace was very relaxing and romantic. That was our favorite part. Breakfast the next morning was everything we accepted. It is located right off of Interstate 80, which makes it a great location and easy to find. All in all, we had a wonderful time and will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2009

My boyfriend and I chose the Inn at Turkey Hill as a stop the night before we were to head to Knoebels for camping and the park's opening weekend. I checked out the Inn's website and saw that it was in the vicinity of were we were going anyway. The website gave us a good idea of what we were in for and all of the previous reviews on here convinced us to stay. Our room was everything we had expected and so much more. The room was spotless and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful! We will be back again!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I'm often critical of hotels (especially inns/B&B's) but this one was amazing. Traveling across I-80 in the wintry weather, I needed a place to stop and the Inn at Turkey Hill is less than 3 minutes off I-80. Externally, it was decorated eloquently with lots of hanging lights and several signs. The main house that contains the registration desk and a fireplace and sitting area, bar and dining room was also beautiful. There are over 100 DVDs to use, plenty of reading material and an extremely friendly staff. It was late at night and very cold outside, but I think there were grounds that guests can walk around and a sports facility as well. Some of the rooms have fireplaces and hottubs. Mine was just a basic room but was perfect - very comfortable and extremely, extremely clean. It overlooked a pond and a lit gazebo. The restaurant at Turkey Hill seems to have rave reviews throughout PA, and although I did not make it in time for dinner or a bottle of wine, the complimentary hot breakfast entree and continental breakfast was delicious. My overnight stay was so relaxing and exactly what I needed to replenish my energy for the following day's drive. I would recommend this to all I-80 travelers.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ICanBeCritical
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My husband and I were passing through and starting to look for a place to stay. I had stayed at the Inn about 10 years ago and remembered it fondly. On a whim, we called and lo and behold, not only was the place still around, but they were able to squeeze us in for dinner and one night.
The staff was exceptionally hospitable; the room was large, clean, well-maintained, and very nicely decorated. Dinner at the Inn was spectacular and rived anything we've had in many major metropolitan areas. While some may say the food is overpriced, we paid about half of comparable meals in more prestigious locations. Complimentary continental breakfast included hot and cold items.
We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PAtraveler08
Reviewed 11 October 2008

We booked this inn in part because it was convenient to I-80, but we fell in love with it and would return again. The room was large and contained a king bed, as well as comfortable sitting area. Bloomsburg was a cute college town and it was fun to wander through. We opted to eat at the end. The food was excellent and we would recommend it , especially at the end of a long drive. The staff was considerate and helpful. A very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwedeJ
Reviewed 6 September 2008

Based on all the positive reviews, we decided to give the Inn a try on our recent trip to Knobles and could not have been happier. We had the basic room, not in the main building, that allows children. It was spacious and very clean with a nice view. In our room, there was a microwave and refrigerator. There was also coffee, tea and bottled water. There was a note that said to let them know if you forgot anything. They gave my son a toothbrush that he forgot to bring. The sink is outside the bathroom, so someone can be doing their hair or make-up while someone else takes a shower. Breakfast was great and the staff couldn't have been nicer. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CiboPennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2008

One fine little inn! Outstanding service, sparkling rooms and wonderful food. This is the fourth time I have stayed at the Inn at Turkey Hill and it was just as nice as I remember. Classical music upon entering the room is a very nice personal touch. Sunday breakfast in the dining room was outstanding and was included in my very reasonable room rate.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank curley6710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#2 of 6 in Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!