“Wonderful Anniversary”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Philadelphia PA
“Wonderful Anniversary”
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Can't say enough good things about the Inn at Turkey Hill. We stayed in one of the Stable Rooms. It was very big, nicely decorated. Something about this place made me relax instantly.

The food was wonderful. We had dinner both friday and saturday night. We checked in late on friday but they still allowed us to eat dinner, despite it being close to closing time. GREAT wine list!

The staff were friendly and helpful. We will be going back again next year...or maybe sooner!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Rooms vary widely, but surprisingly, the rates on all rooms are very similar.
We stayed at the hotel twice in one week; the first time we had a wonderful spacious room with a great lay-out, a huge bathroom with a two-person whirlpool tub, robes, a gas fireplace, a lovely view, good lighting, flat-screen TV, CD player, a king-bed, desk and wi-fi for our laptop and outside seating .The second time - for only $15 less! (we were told it was the only lst floor room available!), we had a small dark, dingy room, with a view of the parking lot, inadequate lighting, 2 queen beds, a tiny cramped bathroom, and NONE of the other amenities that I listed above.. I was totally disappointed!! I had been looking forward to a soak in a whirlpool tub, a view of fall foliage and to using my laptop, and I couldn't do any of those.
Dinner and breakfast are very good, although none of the pastry seems be as good as the rest of the menu.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
New Milford, CT
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Stayed at the Inn at Turkey Hill while on a business trip. As this was a bit of a last minute reservation, I was offered a room in the main building, which I gladly accepted. The hotel came highly recommended by co-workers.

The Inn is lovely and convenient. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. My room, with a queen bed and a HUGE bathroom was located in the front of the main house over the dining rooms. And therein lies my issue. When the dining rooms were occupied, the noise carried quite a bit in to my room. to soften that noise, I tried turning on the window AC unit in the bedroom. It was very very noisy, so that had to stay off while I slept. I finally was able to sleep decently with the bedroom window open and the ceiling fan on. I can't fault the Inn for the room placement. I certainly could have declined the room and asked for something else, so I guess my suggestion would be that the Inn replace the noisy AC unit with a quieter unit like what was installed in the bathroom.

Aside from this one small quibble, I loved the Inn. The breakfasts were wonderful, the bed was very comfortable and the shower/Jacuzzi tub was great. The room was immaculately clean.

Should I travel back to this area, I will book again at the Inn at Turkey Hill. I just make sure that I book early enough to get a room that's not in the main building.

I didn't have the opportunity to eat at the Inn for dinner, but again, co-workers rave, so hopefully next time...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Warminster
Reviewed 11 May 2009

My girlfriend and I were heading up to Knoebels a few weeks ago and we wanted a B&B to stay in the night before. Once we arrived, the people and staff were very nice and accomadating. We couldn't believe how the clean the room was. The decor and outdoor scenery was anything but amazing. The fireplace was very relaxing and romantic. That was our favorite part. Breakfast the next morning was everything we accepted. It is located right off of Interstate 80, which makes it a great location and easy to find. All in all, we had a wonderful time and will be back soon!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My boyfriend and I chose the Inn at Turkey Hill as a stop the night before we were to head to Knoebels for camping and the park's opening weekend. I checked out the Inn's website and saw that it was in the vicinity of were we were going anyway. The website gave us a good idea of what we were in for and all of the previous reviews on here convinced us to stay. Our room was everything we had expected and so much more. The room was spotless and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful! We will be back again!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
MidWest
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I'm often critical of hotels (especially inns/B&B's) but this one was amazing. Traveling across I-80 in the wintry weather, I needed a place to stop and the Inn at Turkey Hill is less than 3 minutes off I-80. Externally, it was decorated eloquently with lots of hanging lights and several signs. The main house that contains the registration desk and a fireplace and sitting area, bar and dining room was also beautiful. There are over 100 DVDs to use, plenty of reading material and an extremely friendly staff. It was late at night and very cold outside, but I think there were grounds that guests can walk around and a sports facility as well. Some of the rooms have fireplaces and hottubs. Mine was just a basic room but was perfect - very comfortable and extremely, extremely clean. It overlooked a pond and a lit gazebo. The restaurant at Turkey Hill seems to have rave reviews throughout PA, and although I did not make it in time for dinner or a bottle of wine, the complimentary hot breakfast entree and continental breakfast was delicious. My overnight stay was so relaxing and exactly what I needed to replenish my energy for the following day's drive. I would recommend this to all I-80 travelers.

• Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ICanBeCritical
PA
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My husband and I were passing through and starting to look for a place to stay. I had stayed at the Inn about 10 years ago and remembered it fondly. On a whim, we called and lo and behold, not only was the place still around, but they were able to squeeze us in for dinner and one night.
The staff was exceptionally hospitable; the room was large, clean, well-maintained, and very nicely decorated. Dinner at the Inn was spectacular and rived anything we've had in many major metropolitan areas. While some may say the food is overpriced, we paid about half of comparable meals in more prestigious locations. Complimentary continental breakfast included hot and cold items.
We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank PAtraveler08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#2 of 6 in Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!