“Best Philly Cheesesteaks Ever!”
Review of Pudge's

Pudge's
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I've been going to Pudge's since I was old enough to chew my first cheesesteak. Although I may be a bit partial, I do believe their cheesesteaks are the best around. The portions are huge and the preparations is always the same-- individual and personal, not commercial. What makes these cheesesteaks the best is the bread. When I was a kid, Pudge told my father that the key to a good sandwich is the bread which is brought in fresh each morning from the same bakery since it's opening.
Bottom line- visit Pudge's and you will not be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Pudge's

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Want a great cheesesteak? Simple, just go to Pudges. High quality beef, generous portions, and very friendly staff. You simply can't go wrong. Also great fries, and their hoagies are also very good.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

If you have an unlimited caloric intake capability and a hunger for the celebrated Philadelphia cheesesteak, this is the place to fill your craving and your adult minimal daily requirement of carbs and cholesterol. Fast service, custom orders, great rolls and of course great filling. Guaranteed you won't leave hungry. I usually enjoy it better both during and after the meal when I use some Pepcid.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My chance had finally come! "I get to try Pudges legendary cheesesteaks! Yay!" So happy! Such anticipation! I couldn't wait! "Hi! I'm here to place my order!" Well, the proverbial pin in the balloon started with the person that took my order, who made it clear she wanted to do anything else but. Oh, well. "She's having a bad day," I told myself. "This is about the cheesesteak." I ordered a mushroom cheesesteak w/fried onions and sweet peppers and onion rings. Short, sweet, and simple! I'm on my way! It was a takeout order, so I waited at the counter on a wobbly stool watching the TV. I kept thinking how I should look past the littered counter against the wall and the mounds of junk in the space between as I wobbled back and forth on that pesky stool. "This is about the cheesesteak," I told myself. After I received my order, I got halfway through the parking lot and smelled french fries. I went back to exchange the fries for my onion rings, and the same person who took my order acted like I was inconveniencing her with my wrong order, announcing to the cooks, "Onion rings, not french fries, gentlemen." So it was their fault, or maybe mine. I don't know. I left feeling a little put out, but thought, "Forget it. This is about the cheesesteak." Then the moment arrived! "It's time! I can't wait!" I opened up my cheesesteak with such anticipation...and no sweet peppers. What the...what?!!! Let me get this straight...two whole items, and neither one was right. I spent over $8.50 for a cheesesteak that wasn't even right. More money than I've ever spent on a cheesesteak. Because it was all about the cheesesteak...but wait just a minute!!! I spent $13 for two wrong items after overlooking the careless environment I was in, all the while being treated like an annoyance and a bother not just once but twice on a night when they weren't even busy...all for the cheesesteak...that wasn't even right. It tasted okay. Probably would've been even better if it was what I ordered. The bad aftertaste I have isn't about the cheesesteak, though. Oh, well. I'm okay. I'll just have to find somewhere else to get the best cheesesteak. And after all, they don't need me! They're Pudges!

1  Thank JoanneOHA
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We've only ordered hoagies, cheesesteaks and fries and they've all been super tasty. The steaks are meaty (unlike others in the area), fresh, and the bread the way it should be. Their hoagies are also substantial. The hot pepper relish is a must have condiment. Yum!!