“Nice hotel, but check the wake up call settings”

Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bell
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here recently for a wedding. A few comments:

1. We had a group rate which wasn't bad, but I found a cheaper rate with an Orbitz coupon which saved me about $70. After I asked the hotel directly about matching that price, they said they couldn't but if I could get that price on line I should. A short time later that on line price was unavailable.

2. The phone system there is antiquated. Once you set a wake up call, you need to manually cancel it, as it doesn't automatically erase when a guest leaves. I learned this the hard way when I was awakened at 5:30 AM, apparently by the previous guest's wake up settings. I overheard other guests complaining, too, and they told me what to do. Hotel did not explain to me that I had to manually cancel the settings.

3. My bed was never made up by housekeeping. All they did was leave a few new towels.

4. Location is nice if you want to stay out in the country and away from downtown Philly.

5. Was disappointed that there wasn't an outdoor pool.

6. Nice daily breakfast buffet which they extended due to our large group.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hi UncleA,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall visit with us, and we hope that you will visit us again when you are back in the area. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you on the rate in which you found online. In regards to the challenges you faced, I apologize for those inconveniences, as we do have an outdoor pool that can often be accessed at our private Country Club across the street, which we would provide shuttle service to and from. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your stay further, as we value your business and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. It's 1 hr to 1 and 1/2 hour drive from the Philly International Airport. This is a large complex with several buildings; I stayed in the main building. Nicely kept grounds and gardens. An indoor pool, jacuzzi and excercise room in the main building. Clean rooms and very comfortable king sized bed. The overall effect was homey and relaxing. I liked the fact that I could open the windows. During the week (M-F) a substantial hot breakfast is included in the price of the room. The Farmer's Daughter restaurant serves excellent American style dinners (chicken breast, crab louie salad, etc. and very good local cheeses) and a decent wine list that includes locally made wines. Like the hotel, the restaurant's ambiance was homey and relaxing. The bar scene seems to be lively at night, judging from the amount of noise it generated. This place seems to be the spot for weddings and conferences, but I was never disturbed at night and my room was very quiet. Of course, I asked them for a quiet room so they put me on the 3rd (highest) floor as far away from the restaurant, bar, pool and excercise room as I could get. Be sure you stay far away from rooms near the elevator in the main building, since they have the world's noisiest ice machines constantly working there.

Room Tip: Be sure you stay far away from rooms near the elevator in the main building, since they have the wor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being of service to you again in the future. if we can be of assistance with transportation to /from PHL airport, please call our front desk and they can assist you with transportation to make it worry free for you.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel in itself is nothing to rave about- convenient location for the business traveller with all the standard amenities and comfort. The surprise was the Farmers' Daughter restaurant- an unexpected gourmet experience (had breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the stay) in a well appointed setting with a cosmopolitan city feel and fancy cuisine. Well done.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank beachloverPrinceton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed dining at Farmer's Daughter, our award winning restaurant. We pride ourselves on local, fresh ingredients with menus that change seasonally. Please come back and dine with us again, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Arrived on a Friday afternoon for a wedding reception. Reserved a room months before for 4, but when we got to the room, it was a king room, so we had to drag our things out of the room and return to the desk. Luckily, they had a room available with two double beds as requested. There was also a problem with another room in our wedding block being reserved to my credit card. I was glad when everything was straightened out. The room was standard. No refrigerator nor microwave. Lobby was warm and inviting. We spent some time in the bar and it was decent. We had a cocktail hour before the reception and food and drinks offered were good. The dinner meal was standard and I thought the room where the reception was held was perfect. On Saturday mornings they have a continental breakfast and they had cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. They had some really good cookies and pastries that I would recommend. I don't believe they have this on Sunday mornings. There is a pool, which we did not use. The grounds around the hotel are very nice and I wish I would have had more time to explore. I thought the room was pricey considering we got a discount for the group rate, but I do not know the area and what other places go for. I would recommend this place for a wedding.

Room Tip: There is a long hike from elevator to the end of the hall. I would have preferred a room closer to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CSCfromPA

Thank you for sharing your wedding weekend experience with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you have time to come back and visit us soon to explore more of the great amenities here and at Blue Bell Country Club, our sister property across the street.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

room was fine booked it on expedia because it was alot cheaper that way it came with a breakfast
only during the week the bar was ok but the dj played the music so loud could not talk to oneanother the staff were nice room clean they did have a safe and free parking there was a
wedding there looked nice but would I stay there again maybe not it was close to my friend that
was the main reason for staying there

Room Tip: we just got the standard room but they have suites too but did not see them it was also pretty quie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy that we were the perfect location while visiting your friend. We hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were visiting Villanova and then Drexel in the city. Admittedly, it's not around the corner from either of these universities, but the money we saved for a short drive in a very ice hotel was worth it! I guess [location] is all a matter of preference because we were quite far from downtown Philly, but the hotel was really nice, clean, and affordable. That last one is a big deal for us along with CLEAN! One reviewer mentioned that it was difficult to find at night. Here's the facts: it is on the corner surrounded by a mission-style white, solid concrete/stucco fence. Did I say WHITE. It had huge X-mas style lights draped on it and lit at night. At the very corner, the intersection of the two streets it sits on, the name of the hotel is attached and lit with flood lights. Inside the fence are multiple buildings in addition to the hotel itself. At night, they are lit with white lights that outline their silhouettes. I don't mean any disrespect, but I do not understand how the place could be missed!
The staff was friendly, the amenities and cleanliness met [even] my fussy standards. If my son attends Villanova, I'm sure we'll stay here quite a bit!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WearyInWarwick

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when visiting our area to tour Villanova and Drexel. We hope that you will return to visit us again and give us the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Quick trip for business and well worth the money, book through a sire call hotel club (u know the rest) to save approx. 50% Complimentary buffet hot breakfast, well appointed room, clean, high end finishes, safe area, ample parking, wish I could have stayed longer. Better stay than a typical hotel.

Room Tip: All good, maybe choose room closer to your car, the place is spread out.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Bell
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!