“Great Local Services” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bell
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
“Great Local Services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We book in advance because we can and do get great rates for this 5 star accomodation. The best part of it is easy access to the surronding 20 mile radius of things we need to accomplish. Even better is the all of the new and upcoming dinner resturants that equally are 5 star quality. (1) try El Serape 8 minutes away if you're interested in trying Mexican seafood presentations. We love our American, Italian and French seafoods resturants and have now found a Mexican location that delivers as good OR BETTER. Hard to believe? Try them and don't be bashful about asking for recomendations and supplement their recommendations with your knowledge related to your personal preferences. For example, when they "might" offer the meal is spicey or hot.... we've found it to be moderately overstaed and the meals are slightly spicey or hot. (2) Try Radice ... less than five minutes away for tapas and more interesting dinner offerings. (3) Try "The Famers's Daughter" inside the Normandy Farm Hotel. All 3 are great options. Hope this helps your decision making. Bon appetite!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us when you are in the area and for sharing your dining experiences with us and our guests. our farmer's daughter bar & restaurant offers fresh, farm to table cuisine and everything is prepared by our Award Winning Culinary Team. Our menu is seasonal and offers our guests exquisite local, fresh cuisine. Don't forget to check back with us daily for Holiday and Event specials and promotions. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Travelled to this facility for dual purpose of visiting a family member and meeting with a client.

The facility is well maintained with nice comfortable rooms. The rooms are very quiet, the bathrooms are nice sized.

The on site restaurant has superb food but is a little pricey. The quality of our dinners justified the price.

We will return here again in the future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi qikvette,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to know that you had a productive stay with us and enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. We appreciate and value your business and look forward to being of service to you in the future. If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My first born was getting married at the Blue Bell Country Club and this hotel is 2 minutes from the venue. Best place to stay ever! I had booked a year ago and had a lovely room but due to family medical problems, I needed a microwave and fridge. Since the room did not have this, they moved us to a great looking suite with no extra fee! They made sure we had everything we needed..the wedding was awesome, and the buffet was delish. We also made use of the bar after the wedding and the staff could not have been any kinder...will be back for just a quiet stay with husband.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have fridge or micro, but can have one if requested.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mango1863
Hi Mango1863,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are happy that we were able to upgrade you so you could enjoy one of our magnificent suites during such a special, memorable occasion. Congratulations to you and your family! We are happy that we could be part of such a special day and we look forward to you coming back to visit with us. If there is anything that our team can do to be of service, please reach out to us.

Be safe in your travels and thank you for choosing Normandy Farm Hotel and Blue Bell Country Club.
Little Falls, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I spent two nights at Normandy Farm for a recent business training in the hotel's conference center.

The grounds are beautiful but the room was nothing to gush over. I found the decor in the hallways and rooms to be more 'grandma's doily' than updated rustic. My room (208) was in the main building. It was extremely humid and although I never heard any of my neighbors it was quite noisy when people were returning to their rooms after what I gathered was a wedding celebration.

The surprising thing I found about this property was its EXCELLENT food. Normally when attending conferences at hotels you get the standard fare of bla, bla and boring but Normandy really does a beautiful job of putting together a delicious lunch buffet (1 Beef, 1 Chicken, 1 Fish and 1 Pasta plus 2 veggies, a starch, salads, make your own sandwiches AND dessert every day) and morning and afternoon snack for its attendees.

Our group also had dinner one night at the Farmer's Daugther (on-site restaurant). VERY VERY good food. We had a pre-planned menu to order from so I can't comment much on their menu as i've never seen it but everything that we were privy to was excellent.

As a buisness traveller, i'll say this was an average to very good spot, but I can really see this place being up there as an excellent wedding venue for those native to the area! Between the food and the beautiful grounds - it seems like a winner!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jennifer_0290
Hi Jennifer_0290

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, here at our Historic property. We cherish preserving a historical and charming ambience, and we're happy that you enjoyed it. We are very proud of the culinary excellence of our team and their award winning venue, the farmer's daughter. Our guests thoroughly enjoy the versatility and familiarity of our seasonal menus and appreciate the farm to table concept. We thank you for choosing our hotel and look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. If there is anything we can do to be of service, please contact us.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here recently for a wedding. A few comments:

1. We had a group rate which wasn't bad, but I found a cheaper rate with an Orbitz coupon which saved me about $70. After I asked the hotel directly about matching that price, they said they couldn't but if I could get that price on line I should. A short time later that on line price was unavailable.

2. The phone system there is antiquated. Once you set a wake up call, you need to manually cancel it, as it doesn't automatically erase when a guest leaves. I learned this the hard way when I was awakened at 5:30 AM, apparently by the previous guest's wake up settings. I overheard other guests complaining, too, and they told me what to do. Hotel did not explain to me that I had to manually cancel the settings.

3. My bed was never made up by housekeeping. All they did was leave a few new towels.

4. Location is nice if you want to stay out in the country and away from downtown Philly.

5. Was disappointed that there wasn't an outdoor pool.

6. Nice daily breakfast buffet which they extended due to our large group.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi UncleA,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall visit with us, and we hope that you will visit us again when you are back in the area. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you on the rate in which you found online. In regards to the challenges you faced, I apologize for those inconveniences, as we do have an outdoor pool that can often be accessed at our private Country Club across the street, which we would provide shuttle service to and from. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your stay further, as we value your business and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. It's 1 hr to 1 and 1/2 hour drive from the Philly International Airport. This is a large complex with several buildings; I stayed in the main building. Nicely kept grounds and gardens. An indoor pool, jacuzzi and excercise room in the main building. Clean rooms and very comfortable king sized bed. The overall effect was homey and relaxing. I liked the fact that I could open the windows. During the week (M-F) a substantial hot breakfast is included in the price of the room. The Farmer's Daughter restaurant serves excellent American style dinners (chicken breast, crab louie salad, etc. and very good local cheeses) and a decent wine list that includes locally made wines. Like the hotel, the restaurant's ambiance was homey and relaxing. The bar scene seems to be lively at night, judging from the amount of noise it generated. This place seems to be the spot for weddings and conferences, but I was never disturbed at night and my room was very quiet. Of course, I asked them for a quiet room so they put me on the 3rd (highest) floor as far away from the restaurant, bar, pool and excercise room as I could get. Be sure you stay far away from rooms near the elevator in the main building, since they have the world's noisiest ice machines constantly working there.

Room Tip: Be sure you stay far away from rooms near the elevator in the main building, since they have the wor...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being of service to you again in the future. if we can be of assistance with transportation to /from PHL airport, please call our front desk and they can assist you with transportation to make it worry free for you.
princeton, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel in itself is nothing to rave about- convenient location for the business traveller with all the standard amenities and comfort. The surprise was the Farmers' Daughter restaurant- an unexpected gourmet experience (had breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the stay) in a well appointed setting with a cosmopolitan city feel and fancy cuisine. Well done.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beachloverPrinceton
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed dining at Farmer's Daughter, our award winning restaurant. We pride ourselves on local, fresh ingredients with menus that change seasonally. Please come back and dine with us again, we look forward to serving you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Bell
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!