“Wedding at the farm was a big hit”

Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bell
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Wedding at the farm was a big hit”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My best friend has his daughters wedding and reception here. With perfect weather, the outdoor ceremony was perfect. The food was fantastic from appetizers to the main meal. The place looks like some high end venue but overall was pretty simple and a great bang for the buck. i didn't stay overnight but did see a room ($200/night) that looked very nice to me. Picture on the web don't do justice and it looks much better in person.

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night but would say any room off the main function area would be great. The s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gary K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a wonderful venue for a conference and the hotel is ver nice. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. My only dissappointment was my day of check-out. I was facilitating a workshop in the conference center in the afternoon and decided to work on room set-up in the morning and check out just before the check-out time of 11:00 am. When I returned to my room at 10:30 to check out, I found the door open and housekeeping had already cleaned the room. This was despite leaving the "Do Not Distrube" sign on the outside of the door and speaking this the housekeeping supervisor in the morning asking if it would be ok to leave my clothing and other personal items in the room until then. When I turned to the housekeeper to ask why she had entered the room with the sign on it, she could not give me an answer. When I asked what she did with my belongings, she had to dig through her cart to find them and I had to ask for them item by item...very frustrating. When I approached the front desk, the manager said; "yes, I wondered why she already cleaned that room as well". This will not prevent me from staying here again, however I will be sure to check out before housekeeping gets started in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The service was very professional and I no sooner got to my room and the phone rang. It was the front desk making sure I liked my room and wanted to know if I needed anything. It was clean and the breakfast was very good. The beds were comfortable and they had many amenities but I didn't take advantage of them as this was the last night of our trip and we were very tired and needed to repack for the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: our room was facing a court yard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank debra54
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We booked a room here on a Thursday night because we were attending our daughter's graduation at a nearby college. There are cozy sitting rooms with fireplaces, wing chairs and books. (Full service bar/restaurant on site too.)
Room was large, (nice sitting chair) extremely clean, comfy sheets, tasteful decor. Full-size ironing board/iron, hair dryer, toiletries, in room Starbucks coffee-YUM! Friendly & helpful staff and easy check-in. Stopped by the in house restaurant, The Farmer's Daughter, for drinks & appetizers at the end of the evening. Friendly and attentive bartenders, great drinks, great atmosphere. Sweet potato fries were perfectly crisp and flavorful, chicken salad with pecans and dried cranberries on grilled bread was delicious. We were very impressed with the complimentary breakfast buffet. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, egg strata, sausage, bacon (perfectly crisp & somewhat thick cut-perfect!) waffles, hash browns,oatmeal, grapefruit juice, orange juice, coffee & tea. Ceramic cups or to go cups-your choice for convenience. The whole property is lit up at night and adds a romantic, almost magical feel. There is a lot of attntion to little details here. Would definitely recommend staying here. It was one of the nicest overall hotel experiences we've had.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank debs909
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Normandy Farm is a great hotel for anyone attending a special event at this property. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated, however the rooms do not have microwaves or refrigerators. Beautiful grounds, great service & staff. Recommended for overnight stays.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very nice looking place, nice environment. Close to shopping and food. We were checked in quickly and pleasantly. Multiple wedding were occurring and we anticipated noisey rooms, however, it was quiet and comfortable. Entire facility was very clean. Staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My sister and I only stayed one night, but it was a very pretty location and room. Unfortunately, as with so many places, the mattresses were hard and uncomfortable with very scratchy sheets! We were rather surprised by that, but everything else was lovely. There was a small free breakfast buffet which wasn't too great, but the waiter in charge was wonderful, and got us iced tea and other requests that weren't a part of it. We didn't have a chance to try out any of the other amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Bell
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft....
#2 of 3 in Fort Washington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!