“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 2 Boalsburg B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stay here often when visiting Penn State. It's minutes away, but in a quiet, peaceful spot. The Innkeepers are lovely, and serve a full, fresh, made-to-order breakfast each morning. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean - very important to me (and hard to find in the area)!!

Room Tip: The Springfield Suite is the only room with a (corner shaped) whirlpool tub and electric fireplace...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the sweetest secret for lodging near Penn State. The hosts are always so welcoming. Our suite is always immaculate. Breakfast is cooked to order at the hour of your choosing. We also enjoyed the backyard patio with some guests over wine and chocolates. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2011

While I only stayed one night, I found Springfield House to be just wonderful. My room was very large, spotless, and incredibly comfortable. I was exhausted after a very long day and it was heavenly to sit in the wing chair with my feet up, to check email. It was very homey and breakfast was just scrumptious. The fruit was freshly cut and the food was made to order. I would definitely stay there again if my travels take me to this area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This is one of the best B&B we have stayed at. Spotlessly clean, friendly and efficient. Not necessarily as expensive as indicated - we paid $125 a room. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niloci38
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Springfield House while in State College for a graduation. The house is charming with a wonderful front porch complete with rocking chairs and a porch swing. Everything was clean and very comfortable. Cute shops across the street along with a delicious restaurant. Bill and Cheryl were very welcoming and we felt right at home. The breakfast is delicious-the homemade cinammon rolls were the best I've ever had! We'll defiinitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We were greeted after midnight and again at an early breakfast by the energetic and friendly Bill. Rooms were clean, well appointed and comfortable. It was an auspicious start to our trip; well worth straying off the highway for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Generally it was a nice little Bed & Breakfast with a good breakfast, decent hosts and for a good price. Bill in particular was very kind when checking us in (early, even!). It had parking, a lot of great movies to "rent," and Bill recommended a couple of great restaurants for dinner.

I only have two negatives-- one, was the rooster crowing in the morning. It woke us and kept us up earlier than we would have liked, but I understand there's not much the B&B could do about their neighbors' roosters. My only other negative is that when I went to take a relaxing bath in the evening, the tub was pretty dirty. I imagine this was an oversight as the rest of the B&B, room and bathroom were spotless, but it was a still pretty gross.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boalsburg
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#3 of 26 in State College
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Hilton Garden Inn State College
#12 of 26 in State College
Hyatt Place State College
Hyatt Place State College
#16 of 26 in State College

Been to Springfield House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!