“Need new mattresses. BAD.”

Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
Malta, New York
“Need new mattresses. BAD.”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Upon seeing the dated outside, I was worried what the rooms would be like. However they are recently updated with granite countertops in the bathrooms and newer furniture and flat screen TVs. They skimped on replacing the mattresses, I assume, because what I slept on felt like an old crappy mattress. It was terribly uncomfortable. It wasn't a firm bed, it was just a super cheap and worn out one. They offer a great breakfast every morning for guests, the best spread I've ever seen at a hotel for complimentary breakfast. They had muffins, scrambled eggs, and either french toast or pancakes (I'm not sure because I never went for those), cereals, and juices and coffee. They also had apples and bananas and yogurt. So many choices. I believe it is served from around 6-9AM.

The only complaint other than the bed that I really have was that at 3AM on my last night I was woken out of my sleep by extremely loud people below my room and outside around the pool. I can deal with people yelling, but at 3AM on a Thursday night? Not acceptable. It was so bad I even called the front desk about it, and I never bother calling to complain about noise at hotels. The man who answered said he'd "try to get them to quiet down." Thats not what I wanted to hear, but in about 15 minutes I didn't hear them any more (that also could've been a result of me turning on the fan so that I could drown out their noise).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for completing the review regarding your stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Rest assured, we are in the process of compiling a list of the mattresses that need to be replaced and will be ordering new ones in the near future. Our efforts to improve the property are an ongoing process. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradford Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Hotels are limited in this area. Best Western is OK for a one night stay. Convenient location. Not new or exceptionally clean but it's OK. Hotel offers a free drink coupon for the on site lounge. Outdoor pool. Restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelAmerica247
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for your review. It is with your feedback that we are able to provide a quality guest experience. We appreciate any and all comments on a guest's stay with us. Have a great day!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Excellent hotel, breakfast and room! The hotel could use a designated dog area for pet owners.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. While we have a large grassy area behind the hotel that is designated for pet walking, it may need additional signage. We will look into your concern and address it. Thank you again.
Maryland
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Have stayed at the BW in Bradford on numerous occasions when in the area. Always a decent room, comfortable beds, and if there is an issue they are normally pretty quick to fix the problem. As other reviewers mention, it is in close proximity to a supermarket and great dining at Beefeaters (short walk). They have a nice size fridge and little microwave in room and ice bucket/reasonably priced vending down each hall. It's comfortable and consistent. Pets are allowed in rooms, but we've never had a room that seemed like it was a room less desirable due to pets staying....whether we travel with or without a dog. Would recommend when traveling through the area. Rates seem a little high for this area of the state due to shale work likely.

Room Tip: Prefer the rooms on the 3rd floor and back of hotel for quietness, but rooms closer to lobby area ar...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you so much for your pleasant review. It is with your feedback that we are able to provide a quality guest experience at the Best Western Plus Bradford Inn. We appreciate any and all comments on a guest's stay with us. Have a great day!
Spencerport, NY
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I am in the area. The hotel staff bends over backwards to make sure my stay is a pleasant one. Rooms are always clean and I seem to notice that improvements are constantly being added. New fitness room, new outdoor pool and upgrades to exterior. I will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: Convenient drive up rooms accessible from outside on first floor; great for seniors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we aprerciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. We use all of the reviews and comments in order to continue upgrading the hotel to the best of our ability.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review.

Ambridge, Pa
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I stay here everytime I'm in Bradford. I like it over comfort inn I just wish it had an indoor pool & that the bathroom was a smidge bigger. All & all I've never had a problem, it's always very clean, very friendly service, beds are sooooooo comfy and I also love the whirlpool bath tub room that was the best stay yet.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed there in February for one night. I was charged for two nights. The Director of Sales Matt Frank, said that I was a no show for one night and a walk in for the next night. I wanted proof but he was unable to provide me the proof. I am disputing the charges and as far as I am concerned I will never stay at another Best Western for the rest of my life.

I travel quite a bit for work and leisure (about 60 days per year). Best Western is not my first choice.

This hotel is way OVER PRICED for the accomodations....as I see it... taken advantage of the gas/oil boom in Pennsylvania.

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn if you need to stay in Bradford.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MLSPgh
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
I am sorry that you are upset with your reservations from February. As I explained to you on the phone, you booked your original reservation to arrive on February 20, 2012 of which you would have received an email confirmation verifying the reservation. Since you did not check in for that reservation, we billed you as a guaranteed no-show and then you arrrived to check-in on the next night thus the charge for the second night. We did not make an error booking your reservation as it was made through Best Western by yourself. I'm sorry but we can not refund your credit card due to the fact we held the first night reservation as required.

As to your issues with our room rates, we have not elevated our rates due to a oil/gas boom in Pennsylvania. Our rates have been at this level for a few years now and reflect the market we are located in. If you will check the area hotels, you can see our rates are right in line with the other hotels. Again, I'm sorry you are not happy with the outcome of our discussion but I can provide a copy of the original reservation as well as the walk-in reservation for the next night.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Comfort Inn
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Best Western Plus Bradford Inn? Share your experiences!