“Are you Kidding me?!?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bradford
DeSoto Holiday House
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Are you Kidding me?!?”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Ok so we arrive and check in. That went ok, other than the fact that they speak with a heavy accent so I had to have him repeat everything. We start up to our room and immediately are thinking it was a bad idea. There is furniture littering the halls and the whole place smells like mildew. We get up the stairs and as we are walking to our room we notice beer bottles everywhere. We went in our room which was outdated, but appeared to be clean. Judging by the rest of the place we were scared at the thought of pulling back the covers, but did. Everything looked clean. Then we decided to look at the restaurant and pool areas. Ha! The restaurant is closed and by the looks of it has been for a long time. They are storing old mattresses in it! The pool looked clean, but was certainly NOT heated as stated. The driving range was overgrown and we couldn't even FIND the putt putt course. We also observed broken glass that had been "repaired" with masking tape. Oh, and as we were looking at all of this, there was trash and beer bottles littering the entire property. Never saw a "continental" breakfast either unless you count the pot of coffee in the office area. Yuck. I just kept thinking this was something out of a Stephen king book and we were never going to be heard from again. Perhaps the most disturbing thing in the whole place was the drop ceilings in the room. There was also another door to the room which we initially thought would connect to the next room. As we were leaving we realized that it actually went to a hallway that ran between all of the rooms. By hallway I don't mean something you would walk down. I mean a locked area only accessible by the owners. All I can say is I'm glad to be out of there, and I took pictures. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Junioralexa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jackson, tn
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The only reason we stayed there was because it was the only place with a room available in that town. There was a little league championship going on, so everything was booked. Let me elaborate a bit with a few details of our stay. There are no cards to swipe, you are given a single old school key.We had the feeling that we would see a dead body while going up the stairs. Old decaying furniture with cob webs littered the path up the stairs. It is the very furniture that the owner shows in the pictures, which do not correctly reflect the room's current state. Management is not that friendly, but they are eager to take your payment. The trip to your room is an adventure in itself if you love horror flicks. You expect someone to jump out. The smell in the stairway lends me to believe a few people didn't "make it." We open the door to find a room that probably hasn't seen maintenance since it was built. The tissue holder was made of metal, but was completely rusted and would require a tetanus shot after usage. I had the kids use toilet tissue instead. The air conditioner was antique and loud. You would think that it being loud is a bad thing, but it lends itself well in this situation. When the toilet makes a trombone sound every 5 minutes, you need the air conditioner kicked in full blast to help drown it out. Just cover up well since you have to keep the room very chilled while doing this. Everything in there was brand new, IN 1960!! Our room was in the $70 range which was crazy for what you get. I have stayed in various motels and hotels in the past including lower end places. I can honestly say that this one makes Motel 6 and Super 8 look like a 5 star resort. For your safety and comfort, I would seriously stay far far away from this motel and location. If there isn't another room available in town, then try another town instead of settling with this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank WestTN

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels