“Thin walls....be warned!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My parents and I were caught in snow and needed to find a hotel to stay for the night. This was the first hotel we came to and it was available. When we came into the room, it has been updated and was very clean. The bathroom is a little out dated...pink tile walls, but once you figure out the old shower handles, the shower works well. We were there early, so it was very quiet when we got there. With the weather as it was, of course, more travellers stopped in. We were the fortunate souls that had a group of at least 2 adults with several kids that were put in the room next to ours...which was when we discovered how thin the walls were. We could hear EVERYTHING that they said. We were leaving early in the morning and they were very loud. If you are looking for peace and quiet...I would recommend going elsewhere. I am giving this an average rating since the room was clean. We left before breakfast was served, but it was only 15 minutes prior and nothing seemed to be set up.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Singer73170

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Excellent water pressure making for an excellent shower. Things are still old but everything worked. Remote, refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker all new working well. Very quiet restful night. Just make sure you bring your own breakfast, minimal choices. They do have real oj for breakfast. They are also doing lots of repair to make it better you can tell its work in progress.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Diamond3650
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Despite the reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel, I was going to give it a try. I made my reservations online at the hotel's website. Something came up and I had to change the dates for my stay. I called the hotel directly to cancel the reservation. The man how answered the phone was just absolutely rude and nasty stating he could not cancel the reservation. He told me I had to cancel it online since I made it online. I called the toll free number - they had no problem cancelling the reservation and told me the hotel should have cancelled it for me. I'm actually glad I had the change in plans - judging from how rude the hotel was on the phone, I can only imagine the kind of customer service they give.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I don't mean to brag but I have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels.
This is the first place I have ever been to that was so disgusting that I closed the door, went back to reception, asked for a refund & left immediately. I drove to the next town to stay at the Best Western.
The owner was actually quite gracious in giving me a refund, perhaps aware of the fact that his hotel was in fact not fit for for human habitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harp46
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Got nervous when we read the other reviews but they were way over blown. For $50 your not getting a great hotel. It was dated but clean and overall good for the value We would stay again if we were visiting Bradford again. Don't believe all the negative reviews. We almost didn't go because of the bad reviews but it turned out to be a nice (but dated), clean (but everything is older) and inexpensive motel. I grew up in Bradford and don't think the motel has changed much since the 70's but that doesn't make it a bad place to lay your head for a night or 2.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Horrible, dirty, & disgusting. I could not believe the condition of this room. It has not been renovated since the 60's at least. Not cleaned either. I was appalled as soon as I opened the door and when I saw the mattress I couldn'e believe my eyes. I always check for bed bugs and when I removed the sheet the mattress was chocolate brown with stains and the material was completely worn through with holes. Looked like it came from the dump. Chunks of "Baby Blue" tile missing in the bathroom (Can't remember the last time I saw tile that color) Demanded my money back and immediately left. The dirtiest hotel I have ever been in!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 29 November 2011

WARNING TO ALL FUTURE/PERSPECTIVE GUESTS......
We (3 adults, 2 small dogs) stayed in room #6 on 11/29/11.
Everything I say is from our personal experience and I hope whoever stays here does not have the same experience we did.
Upon arrival we knew this was a older hotel, but on their web cite they stated it was updated. Now we have stayed in some places we paid $55/night that were a heck of a lot nicer than this place! For our room, which had 2 double beds - which by the way were TINY, my mothers feet hung off the bed and shes 5'8" - micro and mini fridge, we paid $125, that includes $15 for our 2 small dogs. They charged us half price for my dads service dog which is not even legal! But we are not complainers. (before you say that we got this room because we have dogs let me make it clear that we were assigned this room before they knew we had dogs.)
Anyway, once we arrived the outside of the hotel is run down and old. There is an empty resturant building right across the parking lot. We had to drive around to find our room, the numbers are impossible to see on the doors unless your right on top of them!
We noticed before we got out of the car, to go to our room, that there was several shady men hanging outside their rooms smoking (which was very potent in the air) and drinking lining there empty cans up against the window.
Once inside the room, it was stifling hot! We turned down the temp but didn't work! We had to go to the office and borrow a fan and open our door, leaving the chain on the door, with the fan infront of the cracked door to cool it down! We tried to open the windows but they took the crank handles off so you couldn't open them, then ontop of that, on the outside they have them bolted shut!!!!
So no fresh air! The walls are paneled with looks to be wood that was painted over and several of the panels are starting to bow away from the walls. On the back wall they installed a new conditioner which could not be plugged in! The wall all around the hole in the wall was still raw spackle and the wall was cracking and never painted over. All around the ac was gaps in the wall.
The tiles in the bathroom were cracked all over and out dated. There was no hairdryer or even an outlet to plug anything in in the bathroom!!!! The shower constantly dripped, the drain was pulled out and bent leaving a hole and unable to take a bath, above the shower mold was growing on the walls and the window was frosted glass but had no curtain! So someone would be able to at least see your silhouette from outside! The toilet is so close to the sink and tub it rediculus! Its a tight fit for even the smallest person!! Let me not forget the towels! They were rough and stained, they reminded me of a pumice stone by the texture! By the way I suggest bringing your own shampoo and body wash. Theres is of very poor quality.
The mattresses are old and unconfortable. One bed had a mattress for a boxspring. Ontop of that it looked like stained dog urine on the mattress!
The pillows are just fabric with no protective covering, so lice is a possibility if you stay here.
The dresser drawers are crooked and won't shut.
Everything is filthy, the phone is coated in finger prints and dust, all the lamps were covered in dust, the side of the fridge and micro were covered in dripped food going down the side. Everything was just gross.
I would expect this type of thing from a place that charged $35 but for $125 this is absolutely disgusting! Not happy at all about staying here even for the one night! I was hoping to enjoy my stay figuring for the price we paid it would at least be nice and clean with some nice amenities, but we were completely wrong!
The only good thing about this place that I found was that the guy at the front desk tried to accommodate the best he could.

I am not one to complain but this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! I was seriously expecting roaches to scurry down the walls! If it was some $35 place I wouldnt have said anything, but for $125 I had to warn the others who were thinking about staying here. I'm not telling anyone not to stay or to stay, I just feel the people should know what this place is like, at least in our experience. I hope no one else had/has the same experience we did! Good luck to all you future guests!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Felicia93086
bradfordmj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Felicia,
Thank you for sharing your experience at this place..
You mentioned that you paid $125.00,That is not true. The rate was $76.10.Any additional charge you paid doesn't count your room rate. The room rate is depands on the area you travel.
If you travel in a big city,for the same facility you might pay 2 times or 3 times higher..
People out side were the hotel guests like you , they prefered to smoke out side ,so the room doesn't smell smoke.smoking out side is not prohibited in our hotel.We do not charge pet fee for service animal, we charged only for that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Comfort Inn
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
14 mi away
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!