“It was okay, but not great”

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
Charlottesville, Virginia
“It was okay, but not great”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The lobby was spacious and contained many phamplets to nearby attractions on a rack. But there were a few problems: The door was hard to open, so we had to ask the receptionist to unlock it. The hotel was old and could use a renovation but the rooms and the linens were clean. The breakfast selection was small but had enough food. The room was clean and affordable, and I would stay there again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the road. It gets kind of loud. Also, try to get a hotel near the swimming poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed only one night because I chose not to stay there for the second for work. (I let him know upon check in that I may only stay one night instead of the 2 reserved, based on the appearance of the place) I can honestly say this was the 2nd or 3rd worst place I've stayed in over the past 3-4 years and I have stayed in a lot of different hotels due to working on the road (I can think of 20 different hotels without much thought, not counting bed & breakfasts).

Bed was terrible, the room had a very strong musty smell (I left the door open all evening until I went to bed). Not that it's an issue for me, but decor was way out-dated (mint color tub, some broken tiles, no full length mirror)

I guess if you're rolling through at 1am and just need somewhere to crash, it'll work; but don't pick this for any stay where you will spend any time other than sleeping and showering in the room. If money's an issue, I say spend the extra on a better hotel and make up for it by eating ramen noodles for a few meals to save that money back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P W
Elmira, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I want to say this place is horrible, the customer services at front desk was so wrong toward me and my friends,we had to leave the hotel without even using the bed shower or dirty the bathroom and we had to go home early so we all went o turn in our keys for the rooms and left and got no refund we are out 140.dollars and we never sleep in the rooms we were going to stay in for just one night..

Room Tip: dont stay here period!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angela W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stay here 2 nights and for $65 per night incl. wifi and breakfast ,also free parking this place was great. Room had two double beds and was very clean and tidy. Got small fridge and microwave with coffee maker ,very useful . TV working just fine . Over all you can not ask for better considering the rate of $65. We were exploring the Allegany State Park near by and that is how we ended staying here.
Cheers Dimi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Green Bay
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My parents and I were caught in snow and needed to find a hotel to stay for the night. This was the first hotel we came to and it was available. When we came into the room, it has been updated and was very clean. The bathroom is a little out dated...pink tile walls, but once you figure out the old shower handles, the shower works well. We were there early, so it was very quiet when we got there. With the weather as it was, of course, more travellers stopped in. We were the fortunate souls that had a group of at least 2 adults with several kids that were put in the room next to ours...which was when we discovered how thin the walls were. We could hear EVERYTHING that they said. We were leaving early in the morning and they were very loud. If you are looking for peace and quiet...I would recommend going elsewhere. I am giving this an average rating since the room was clean. We left before breakfast was served, but it was only 15 minutes prior and nothing seemed to be set up.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Singer73170
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Excellent water pressure making for an excellent shower. Things are still old but everything worked. Remote, refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker all new working well. Very quiet restful night. Just make sure you bring your own breakfast, minimal choices. They do have real oj for breakfast. They are also doing lots of repair to make it better you can tell its work in progress.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Diamond3650
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Despite the reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel, I was going to give it a try. I made my reservations online at the hotel's website. Something came up and I had to change the dates for my stay. I called the hotel directly to cancel the reservation. The man how answered the phone was just absolutely rude and nasty stating he could not cancel the reservation. He told me I had to cancel it online since I made it online. I called the toll free number - they had no problem cancelling the reservation and told me the hotel should have cancelled it for me. I'm actually glad I had the change in plans - judging from how rude the hotel was on the phone, I can only imagine the kind of customer service they give.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!