“Not a great value”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
“Not a great value”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Considering the location and what you get for this hotel you are not getting much value for your dollar spent. No amenities, no attractions, no view so you can't really justify charging much for this hotel in the condition it is in. I will give 2 thumbs up to the very nice woman at the front desk even though she charged me a different rate at the hotel than she quoted me over the phone. Didn't like that but I just drove a long way to get there and it was late so what could I do. Basically you are in the middle of no where and there are limited options for hotels so you either take it or leave it for the most part. Nothing wrong with this hotel, but just nothing great either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My son and I stayed here when we were going north to retrieve a friend of his. We only needed one night. We got the AAA rate which was $53pt. It's an older smaller motel with nice vintage touches still intact. The room was surprisingly big. It was quite clean, smelled fine, the bed was comfortable, there was wifi and the bathroom was beautiful. Two tone baby blue tile! the only downside was that the pot and sink had been replaced with modern ones and didn't match the tile. The heat worked well. The staff was nice and polite. All in all, it was a very nice experience and we will try to get a room here next time we are up that way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2013

While I must admit that the curb appeal is not the best (it reminded me of an old Howard Johnson's motor lodge when I pulled in), the grounds/building are fairly well maintained; and the owner/receptionist was very pleasant, and courteous, to me. The room was clean, and had a new HD TV; as well as a Fridge (with Icebox), Coffee maker, Alarm clock, Hair Drier, and Iron/Board. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and had plenty of clean linens. The breakfast choices were a bit sparse: cold cereal (2 choices), some fruit (apples & bananas), milk, coffee, OJ, Toast & Bagels; but everything was fresh. While this would normally be a two-star motel, when compared to others I've stayed in, the low rate is worth bumping them to a solid three, as I felt I definitely received my money's value. They are ~5-10 minutes from downtown Bradford; but, for the $50-60+ per night savings over other Hotels that are closer to downtown, it's worth checking them out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BusinessMan11157
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The lobby was spacious and contained many phamplets to nearby attractions on a rack. But there were a few problems: The door was hard to open, so we had to ask the receptionist to unlock it. The hotel was old and could use a renovation but the rooms and the linens were clean. The breakfast selection was small but had enough food. The room was clean and affordable, and I would stay there again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the road. It gets kind of loud. Also, try to get a hotel near the swimming poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed only one night because I chose not to stay there for the second for work. (I let him know upon check in that I may only stay one night instead of the 2 reserved, based on the appearance of the place) I can honestly say this was the 2nd or 3rd worst place I've stayed in over the past 3-4 years and I have stayed in a lot of different hotels due to working on the road (I can think of 20 different hotels without much thought, not counting bed & breakfasts).

Bed was terrible, the room had a very strong musty smell (I left the door open all evening until I went to bed). Not that it's an issue for me, but decor was way out-dated (mint color tub, some broken tiles, no full length mirror)

I guess if you're rolling through at 1am and just need somewhere to crash, it'll work; but don't pick this for any stay where you will spend any time other than sleeping and showering in the room. If money's an issue, I say spend the extra on a better hotel and make up for it by eating ramen noodles for a few meals to save that money back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P W
Elmira, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I want to say this place is horrible, the customer services at front desk was so wrong toward me and my friends,we had to leave the hotel without even using the bed shower or dirty the bathroom and we had to go home early so we all went o turn in our keys for the rooms and left and got no refund we are out 140.dollars and we never sleep in the rooms we were going to stay in for just one night..

Room Tip: dont stay here period!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angela W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stay here 2 nights and for $65 per night incl. wifi and breakfast ,also free parking this place was great. Room had two double beds and was very clean and tidy. Got small fridge and microwave with coffee maker ,very useful . TV working just fine . Over all you can not ask for better considering the rate of $65. We were exploring the Allegany State Park near by and that is how we ended staying here.
Cheers Dimi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!