“AMAZING PLACE!”

The Lodge at Glendorn
Bath, Ohio, United States
“AMAZING PLACE!”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I hosted a weekend at Glendorn with twelve of my girlfriends and we had a fabulous time!!
The accomodations were cozy and lovely, the food was awesome and the staff was so friendly and nothing was too much! For all that we did, we were not nickeled and dimed and I felt the place was incredibly reasonable! I plan on returning and I can't wait to get back for a little piece of paradise!!

Room Tip: We were guests in Richard's cabin!! 8 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, a lovely family room and kitchen...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Property was very pretty and relaxing, that was until I received my bill on checkout. Be warned, they will charge you for EVERY little thing you do while there. My wife and I have taken longer trips to the caribean and spent less money then what we did at Glendorn in a weekend getaway. I would have rated this place a four out of five before receiving the bill, but after comparing quality of stay with price, it brought my experience way down. Save your money and go somewhere where the quality matches the price.

Also one last thing that really dissapointed me was that I have stayed in very pricey larger scale properties and the staff (even ones that I hadnt even met yet) knew me by name. I didnt get called by my name once during my stay at this small property, For spending a few thousand dollars over the course of a short stay, I at least thought they would make me feel at home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BobLuvs2Travel1975
Summit, NJ
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I had stayed at Glendorn twice before with my husband for romantic weekends. This time I stayed with our family and each visit was equally enjoyable. There is so much to do. It was like having our own family compound like back in the day. We all stayed together in one of the separate houses. It is a nice opportunity to be with family and not be distracted by the day to day routines . There are lots of opportunities for various ages to do things together. Different family members tried the shooting, fishing, horseback riding, swimming and hiking. Tanya leads the equestrian center and she was terrific with everyone in the group.
Every person who worked there was friendly, accommodating and professional. There is new ownership and Glendorn is being made even better with each stay. This is a one of a kind place and somewhere that is a memory waiting to be made.

1 Thank summittraveler
Buffalo
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We finally had a chance to make it back to the Glen Dorn - our 3rd trip but 1st under the new ownership of Cliff Forrest! WOW were we impressed once again! We usually stay at the Miller Cabin (still our ultimate favorite) but had the opportunity to stay at the Hideout this time. AWESOME remote, private and perfectly romantic way to celebrate a weekend! We had dinner this time in our cabin - something we've wanted to do in the past but was cost prohibitive under the previous ownership. We were allowed to dine in our cabin at no extra charge - by candlelight and very romantic. Don't get me wrong, cocktails and dinner in the Big House are great and we've enjoyed it each time - meeting and dining with other visitors! It was a short weekend and much needed time away. Many nice subtle changes were noticed one being Mountain Casual dress for dining versus Dinner Dress Attire. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy dressing to the nines for dinner but the atmosphere and weather sometimes wasn't conducive to walking in mud and muck in high heals and dress shoes! The more casual dress was perfect for the relaxed weekend we were there to enjoy! The staff was AWESOME and so glad to see Natalia was still there! We were impressed that she remembered us from our previous visits and that we've stayed normally at the Miller cabin. Now I know our history of information is probably stored for all of them to have at their fingertips but quite frankly, I was impressed that she and the others on staff took the time to familiarize themselves with that information . The personal touch is so unique! Not once did any staff member have to ask who we were - yet they acknowledged us by name each time! I can't wait until we can get back there again! One regular welcoming I do miss... the chocolate chip cookies in the cookie jar in the cabin! Bring them back please! :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelPrincess3434
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Our daughters gave us a gift certificate to Glendorn for Christmas, 2010. We were told that the food was fabulous. My husband and I are not outdoor sports people, but we loved the pool and private lake. This is an amazing place to go for a quiet, romantic week-end. We met other couples enjoying the same experience. And, yes, the food was fabulous. Maybe the best Christmas gift ever!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Have stayed here three time and plan on making it an annual trip. Best service and facilities you'll ever find. The staff and management could not give any better service. They will accomidate your every need and make you feel welcome. We loved the horseback riding, trail walking, feeding the large trout, dinners at the lake, can't wait to go on a float trip. We get there and never want to leave.

Room Tip: All rooms and lodges are great we love the Hideout, secluded, private, even has its own shooting gal...
New york, NY
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights & absolutely loved it. If you like cookie-cutter properties, then Glendorn isn't for it. It is oozing with charm & the property is quite unique. It was originally a wealthy family's summer camp, similar to the great Adirondack estates. We stayed in the Roost, one of the original cabins with 5 bedrooms. It had so much character & one felt like they were going back in time - it was like being in the 1930s. The other cabins are more modern. The beds were extremely comfortable, with luxurious linens & everything was top of the line & well maintained. The bathrooms are also wonderful with great soaking tubs, and the sitting rooms were comfortable & cozy.

This property would be perfect for a romantic escape, or for families. We bike rode, took a guided horseback ride with an amazing guide, went skeet shooting, & fished. Shane was the best shooting instructor. There are also miles & miles of hikes. The grounds are stunning & well maintained, & there is a lot of privacy given the layout. We used the babysitting service & it was fantastic. The pool is also wonderful.

The food was decadent & delicious (& we are from New York City & used to great food). We will definitely return.

2 Thank Kikik1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca

Been to The Lodge at Glendorn? Share your experiences!