I usually am full of excitement for what is considered a luxury resort. Especially a Relais & Chateaux property. I was stunned when I visited the Glendorn with my husband, it did not deserve the RC stamp of approval for many reasons:
1. When we arrived we were given a key and shown to our cabin. This was nice. But we weren't shown anything else on the grounds. We didn't know where the main dining room was, where the office was, where the fitness center was, etc. We had to figure it out on our own.
2. They boast their "homemade cookies" in each cabin. When we arrived, there was one cookie in our jar, and it was stale and hard. My cookie doesn't matter to me...but they should be on top of things like that. DETAILS...they matter so much.
3. There was thick ice (it was winter) all over the sidewalks. We couldn't get to our cabin easily because the ice was never removed, even after we asked.
4. One night at dinner, my husband asked for a second cocktail when we sat down. The waiter actually said "No. The bar is closed." We sat in stunned amazement. Relais and Chateaux pride themselves on "yes".
5. Food was ok....not worth the money.
The best part of the stay was our cabin, it was very cozy and beautiful. Except the bathroom, which was reminiscent of something from another decade. Too rustic for what they charge.
Go to Blackberry Farm. The owners should go to Blackberry Farm. They have a lot to learn about service and details.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your The Lodge at Glendorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glendorn Hotel Bradford