“Wooded Wonderland”

and 1 more site!
The Lodge at Glendorn
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at Glendorn for a long weekend. The experience exceeded our expectations from the moment we entered the property gates and traveled down the beautiful wooded lane. We stayed in the Redwood Room in the main lodge. I believe it is one of the more modest rooms available but it was comfortable in all respects and full of wonderfully preserved original detail. The main lodge was similarly impressive on a grander scale. The staff was attentive, courteous and helpful. Finally, dinner was also a great experience - we relaxed with good food and drink and capped the night with billiards in the game room. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EC2V

Reviewed 22 June 2010

What a lovely getaway! Glendorn is such a perfect spot and the accomodations and service are immpecable. Fabulous food, and the weather was warm enough to enjoy meals on the picturesque porch overlooking the front of the property. Husband likes to flyfish, and he fished the streams on the property quite successfully, though access to the stream is difficult in spots. The hiking trails are groomed and fun to walk. The new owner is definitely investing money in the property. Hope that a spa is the next addition.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I had the immense pleasure
of staying at Glendorn in March of this year. I'm not sure why there would be a review with the term "hillbilly hell," but the reality could not be further from the truth. Glendorn is a sophisticated, upscale outdoorsman dream come true. I had the pleasure of shooting skeet and hiking around the tranquil grounds. Yes, there is construction going on, but that is only to make Glendorn even better. The cabins and guest rooms in use could not be better.

How do I know about the construction and the other rooms and cabins? Two words, Christoper Hampton!!! Mr. Hampton went out of his way to make me feel at home. He took me on a grand tour of the property and made sure
I was set up for all activities.

The food is really five star cuisine. I have been to some of the best restaurants in the U.S. and Glendorn ranks right up there with them. The desserts from the new pastry chef were especially mouth watering.

Whether you like the outdoors or are looking for a relaxing trip with great food, Glendorn is your place. Many thanks to Mr. Hampton and staff.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

I don't usually take the time to write a review but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share our amazing vacation. It was our first time visiting Glendorn Lodge and we can't wait to go back. The Memorial Day celebration that Glendorn hosted was impressive to say the very least. We were taken from the main lodge to Lake Bondieu on a horse drawn wagon. Our children had the best time kayaking, fly fishing, canoeing, and playing the yard games. The activities staff did a phenomenal job not only helping the kids but teaching them valuable techniques as well. Our seven year old son was able to catch large trout basically one after another. My favorite part of the evening was the delicious food prepared by the kitchen staff. We had roasted pig, clams, lobster, steak, watermelon, fresh greens, corn on the cob, and a strawberry rhubarb dessert. My husband and I are huge foodies and have been to almost all of the iron chef restaurants. We both agreed that the kitchen staff at Glendorn was much more talented. The owner and general manager were there throughout the night ensuring every guest was completely satisfied. We finished our evening at the lake around the warm fire roasting smores. But it was not the last fire we would enjoy. When we returned to our cabin we found that the housekeeping staff was just as thorough. They had done full turn down, prepared a fire for us, and left us delicious treats. Needless to say we will be making regular visits to Glendorn.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2010

While booking this trip with a few friends of mine, I was truly a skeptic. This place wasn't really around much and did not think it was going to be entertainment. Boy, was I wrong. So much to do in such a private, secluded place that was well worth the money. Between the fishing and the shooting, I could stay here for weeks. Damon, a true outdoors man, was a great guide and teacher as I have never shot skeet or trap before. It was not long before I was nailing targets. The lakes are stocked with beautiful trout that were at least 10 inches long. There were even some Albino trout in the lakes and streams. The kitchen was superb and the new general manager Chris Hampton is doing wonders with the place. All new mattresses and updating some of the more outdated cabins were on his agenda, along with some nice Direct TV for the cabins. He even took us on a tour of the place where we were lucky enough to encounter some awe inspiring wildlife, like a baby black bear. If you are an outdoors man who loves to shoot, fish, or just relax and listen to the stream run, this place is for you. An outdoors man dream

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The staff at the Glendorn were so friendly and helpful. They give their all to customer satisfaction and see to your every need. It was our 20th anniversary and they had soft music playing as we entered our room and later showed up with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The grounds are beautiful and very peaceful. We will stay there again for sure.

Mr & Mrs. Diffenderfer

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Repeat guest since 2002! New ownership has embaced the heritage of the property! Service staff superb! Activities with Damon, Brian and Shane are spectacular, including fishing, shooting and hiking. Dining is first rate, chef Joe worthy of rating! After dinner bonfires at either Skipper or Bondeiu lake are a wonderful way to end a day of outdoor activities! No other way to spend the 4th of July than dinner at Bondeiu Lake, ending with fireworks!
New owner is addressing aging concerns of a truly enchanted property maintaing old world charms with new world technology!
I have come to love this piece of heaven!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn

Been to The Lodge at Glendorn? Share your experiences!