“Road Trip”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Chicago, Illinois
“Road Trip”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My son and I were on our way east and stopped here for a quick night of sleep and then back on the road early AM. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and help find my Rewards # which took some time which was my fault not there's. Very clean and nice hotel. Ate breakfast in the morning. Food was typical for a free meal on the go but was very good. Would highly recommend this for a stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear GoBears 1964,

Thank you for the kind words you had for your recent stay for the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. Even though it sounds as though your stay was short and sweet, I'm glad to hear it was enjoyable. We hope you and your son will be making a trip through this way again and can maybe stay a little longer next time.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I were doing a road trip with our 5 year old grandson. At the end of the day we needed a place to relax, let our grandson play a bit, get a good nights rest so we could be on the road again in the morning. After a bad experience earlier in our trip and then a much better stay at our destination Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach, we decided we would only stay on Holiday Inns going forward. When we spotted this one we decided it was the perfect time to stop. And how glad we were! The desk clerk (sorry but I forgot her name) was wonderful, friendly, helpful and welcoming! Check in and out was very easy. But I can't say enough about the room and how comfy, quiet and clean it was. I didn't even mind that my grandson wanted to play on the floor. The breakfast the next day was exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn and my grandson was thrilled that he could "make" his own pancakes! If ever in the area I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Linda Z,
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We truely appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know of your great experience. I will be sure that all the staff sees your review and knows what a fine job they are doing. Our "make your own" pancake machine always seem to be a big hit with both young and old, glad it was no different with your grandson.

Davison, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Probably the nicest overnight hotel I have stayed at. Price upon check in was great. The hotel was immaculate, friendly, and had so many nice extras. Best breakfast bar by far, eggs, ham, cinnamon rolls. Delicious. Every employee we spoke to went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Ranee R,
What can I say except WOW what an awesome review you gave our hotel. The staff and I here at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood wish to express our sincerest Thank you for your kind words. It means so much to them when guests take the time to appreciate all they do. We strive to WOW our guests and we not only succeeded that with you but received it in return. So again, Thank you for staying with us & taking the time to let us and others know of your stay. We do hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Have a Happy Day!
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Traveling home but becoming too tired to drive anymore. Used the TA app to find best hotels in Breezewood. Glad to pull into this hotel. We were welcomed by Vicki and felt like we made the right choice. Room was spacious and bed comfortable. Got a good night sleep. Internet was fast. Breakfast was very good. Wide variety of food. Sausage and omelets were awesome. After eating our fill, it was back on the road. If we are ever this way again, we will stay here. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Werbrich Family,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We know your time is very valuable and appreciate the fact that you were willing to spend some of it to let others know what you think of us. I am so glad to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that Vicki done such a great job. We stryve to show all our guests Great Customer Service and is is apparant we met that goal with you and your family. We do hope you will be in the area again in the near future so we will have the pleasure of serving you once again.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Normally a traveller that books ahead & researches everything but return route uncertain prior to our travel day left us looking at a coupon book at the visitor information Center. Chose this hotel based purely on coupon offer but pleasantly surprised at quality of beds, cleanliness and superb customer service. Offered cot at no extra charge to accommodate teenagers travelling with us. Highlight definitely breakfast as large choice of healthy options.
Thanks for the respite and will stop again if needing a stopover through this area.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jakeez
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Jakeez,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodations. We also want to thank you for the very kind review. You highlighted some of the areas that our guests seem to really enjoy. We are delighted that you will return to our hotel in the future as that is always our goal.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Selected this place based on reviews on Tripadvisor and it was a GREAT choice. As hotel owners ourselves we can be quite picky, but everything was great. Property is 14 years old but looks like it could have just opened last week.

Bob checked us in and was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast room was large and attendant friendly and food great.

Will definitely return next time we are in the area.

Stayed February 2014
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear HSBicknell53,

Thank you for staying with us. We also want to thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a great deal to our staff when people compliment their hard work. We always recommend that people check the hotel reviews as that is by far the best way to check for quality and consistency. Again, thank you for the Great review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a Wonderful Day
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express franchises I have been to, and I try to stay here whenever I can. The rooms are always clean and staff excellent. Nearby restaurants are a good resource too.

I travel a lot between Ohio and DC and this is the perfect distance for me. I can leave in the afternoon or early evening in Ohio, get to the hotel well before bedtime, and then get up early to head into DC. By the time I get to DC, the rush hour traffic is pretty much gone.

On return trips, I can leave DC late in the day or early in the evening (again avoiding most of the rush hour traffic) and be in bed at a reasonable time. The next day back to Ohio is then a pleasant drive.

Either way, I save money on the much higher cost motels and hotels in the immediate Washington area.

I have stayed at this hotel three times in 2013, but only once in the summer, so I only got to the pool once. It was well maintained and surprisingly not to busy, considering it is shared with another motel.

As someone else mentioned, they are pretty aware of who is staying, and have people (not necessarily uniformed) wandering the grounds and parking areas, especially at night.

The breakfast is what you would expect, but with all the restaurants and convenience stores around, you can always pick up something to eat in the room. They have plastic "silverware", napkins, and salt and pepper in the area where they serve the breakfasts and will let you use these if you bring something in and don't have appropriate tools or salt and pepper.

Internet WI FI service can be spotty -- especially at the rooms near the ends of the halls. This hopefully has been corrected. In any event, I stayed in one of the end room and kept loosing the internet service. The system uses an off-site help desk, and they had me try different things to get better internet service. When I took my laptop into the hall, the service improved as I carried it closer and closer to the elevator. The help desk said most people don't have issues with this, but that I might want to ask for a room closer to the middle of the motel the next time I visit.

The staff is very sharp, and remembered me from one visit to another, even though I had not been back for a couple of months. Check in was a breeze. I pre-registered online at the Holiday Inn website, and the last time I was there, there was someone being served at the desk, and the attendant greeted me by name when I came in the door had my sign the paperwork, and simply handed me my "key card" and the standard "welcome" package. The person who was waiting was a bit miffed that I got "preferential" treatment, but I later found that the place was booked full and they thought I had just come in and gotten the last room which they thought they should have gotten -- even though they did not bother with a registration.

This is the last point I will make -- if you are pretty sure you want to stay in Breezewood, be sure to make a reservation. The Holiday Inn Express will let you cancel it as late as 5:00 PM (if I remember right). This insures you will get your room even on the busiest days.

Scott

Room Tip: If you need internet WI FI, the rooms near the elevator have stronger signal than those at the extre...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Scott M,

Wow! That was powerful and we truly appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed review of our property. Thank you for staying with us. We are greatful that you choose our hotel for your over night accommodations. We truly do have a great staff. They are very particular about cleanliness and they are people who have a genuine talent for Hospitality. Our goal is always for guests to leave our hotel with positive feelings about their stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Steve Ringler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#4 of 10 in Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
#5 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Breezewood? Share your experiences!