Breezewood isn't the sort of place that's a vacation destination, yet millions (yes millions) of people pass through the town each year on the way to somewhere else. With that in mind, travelers have been coming to the "town of hotels" since 1913 when US 30, the Lincoln Highway, passed through, and what they want most of all is a good meal and a good night's sleep.
This property will satisfy your needs and then some. The property is clean and comfortable, staff are friendly and accommodating, rooms are quiet and beds are restful.
After hours of driving, there are restaurants close enough (like Bob Evan's, Wendys and "Your Game" sports bar) that can cater to your hunger, without the need to clamber back into the car. The hotel is situated between I-70 and the PA Turnpike and the access road has a traffic light so it's super convenient to get to either road. Finally, there's even a gas station right next to the hotel.
In the morning I grabbed the complimentary breakfast. The arrangement of the various food items was a little awkward but there was plenty of seating, and the breakfast was put out promptly, hot and fresh, at 6:30am by a smiling and attentive member of staff.
I say this hotel is "nearly perfect", and here are my only gripes. Firstly, the hotel uses softened water. I personally hate artificially softened water as I feel that I can never get the soap off my body, and because of the large amounts of salt or electricity that are used in the recharge cycles. Secondly, the hotel was pricey compared to the others in Breezewood. I was on a business trip, and brand loyalty was more important than the price, but if I were staying with my family, I'd probably stay in a less expensive hotel. With that said, the accommodations, location and overall stay were above average, and it probably justifies the above average price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Breezewood is conveniently located on Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) in the heart of Breezewood. The hotel is easily accessible from Interstates 70 & 76. This 75 room hotel includes standard rooms, and 12 suites with kitchenettes. Our location makes the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood an ideal place for regional meetings. We are centrally located between Philadelphia & Pittsburgh, & only 125 miles N. of Washington, DC. Our hospitality rooms are ideal for meetings & training sessions up to 50 people. Guests can start their day with our Express Start breakfast bar. Take a swim in our large outdoor heated pool. Amenities include a fitness center, business center, free local calls, free HSIA. We are 16 miles from Old Bedford Village, a restored pioneer village from pre-20th century PA. Fort. Bedford Museum & Historic Bedford, PA are both only a short distance from our hotel. Bedford County is also home to Historic Bedford Springs Resort, Heartland Hall Conference Center, 14 covered bridges & Gravity Hill, where cars roll uphill and water flows the wrong way. Down River Golf Course is located just 8 miles from the hotel. Historic Gettysburg is only a scenic hour drive from Breezewood. Several Companies are located within 20 minutes from the hotel. Companies include: JLG Industries, WSI, Genwove, REI, Lampire Biological Labs, Kennametal, New Enterprise, Seton Co., UPMC Bedford Memorial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Breezewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Breezewood Hotel Breezewood
- Holiday Inn Breezewood
- Breezewood Holiday Inn Express