“Vacation-First Night”

Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Breezewood
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The location was very convenient to many highways. The personnel was extremely friendly and accommodating. The property was very clean. We enjoyed breakfast and had many, many items to choose from. When any of the items ran out, two lovely ladies were quick to refill the items.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear molnerb,

Thank you for the awesome review of the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. I am glad that we were able to start your vacation off just right! We work hard to give everyone a pleasant experience and get their day started smart by offering many breakfast choices. Enjoy the rest of your vacation, I hope it is a memorable one for you. Maybe you can stay here again on your way home, we'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in a while. I was pleased with this experience. The hotel features large rooms, quiet setting, a very fine breakfast which is well prepared and served. The staff is among the best.

As an aside, and with nothing to do with the fine hotel, Breezewood is only an exit on the PA Turnpike. There is no town. The county is "DRY" and dining options are limited. One can't walk anywhere without wondering if traffic will allow. Best to rest one night and move on.

Dear alvis-f,

Thank you for your kind review of the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. I am so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay. We hope from this point on your will be a loyal HIEX guest and we certainly hope you will get the chance to stay here again, even if for just an overnighter.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice Holiday Inn Express. We were just passing through but glad we stopped here. Very clean and quiet. Excellent, friendly staff. There is a sports bar near the hotel that was recommended by the desk staff. Very good recommendation. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Appaloosagirl57,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Breezewood, PA. We also want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed both the hotel and the restaurant. I will post your comments for the staff to see how much you enjoyed the friendly service that we offered.

Have a Wonderful Day
Steve Ringler

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Breezewood isn't the sort of place that's a vacation destination, yet millions (yes millions) of people pass through the town each year on the way to somewhere else. With that in mind, travelers have been coming to the "town of hotels" since 1913 when US 30, the Lincoln Highway, passed through, and what they want most of all is a good meal and a good night's sleep.

This property will satisfy your needs and then some. The property is clean and comfortable, staff are friendly and accommodating, rooms are quiet and beds are restful.

After hours of driving, there are restaurants close enough (like Bob Evan's, Wendys and "Your Game" sports bar) that can cater to your hunger, without the need to clamber back into the car. The hotel is situated between I-70 and the PA Turnpike and the access road has a traffic light so it's super convenient to get to either road. Finally, there's even a gas station right next to the hotel.

In the morning I grabbed the complimentary breakfast. The arrangement of the various food items was a little awkward but there was plenty of seating, and the breakfast was put out promptly, hot and fresh, at 6:30am by a smiling and attentive member of staff.

I say this hotel is "nearly perfect", and here are my only gripes. Firstly, the hotel uses softened water. I personally hate artificially softened water as I feel that I can never get the soap off my body, and because of the large amounts of salt or electricity that are used in the recharge cycles. Secondly, the hotel was pricey compared to the others in Breezewood. I was on a business trip, and brand loyalty was more important than the price, but if I were staying with my family, I'd probably stay in a less expensive hotel. With that said, the accommodations, location and overall stay were above average, and it probably justifies the above average price.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear redwolf275,

Thank you so much for your awsome review of the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We truely appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to do that, especially all the detail you put into it. We stryve to give each and every guest a great experience with warm friendly faces and clean comfortable rooms and it's clear you received just that. I do hope you will be back thru Breezewood to stay with us again sometime whether it be for buisness or leisure.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a very nice Holiday Inn Express. We were greeted very pleasantly and the front desk staff person was very informative about all the offerings of the hotel (breakfast, pool, etc.). The hotel was very clean and had a nice big "family" room. Looking around at the other properties in Breezewood, this HIE was by far the nicest. Also, it had a very nice and LARGE breakfast room which made for pleasant dining in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Stoeck,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We truely appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to do so. Your kind words regarding the staff really make them feel appreciated. They stryve to make each guest feel welcomed and comfortable no matter if traveling on business or pleasure. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I should preface this by saying we only stay at IHG hotels. This was an excellent holiday inn. Above average in cleanliness and customer service. The fitness center is much larger than most other holiday inn hotels. Very quiet rooms. Avoid the restaurant they advertise/recommend, it was terrible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear ColeBarkman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We know your time is precious and we appreciate you using some of that time to tell us and others of your stay. I am glad we did not dissappoint you and your decision to stay with us and even though you and your companions may have been a bit noisy, you must not of been too bad because there were no complaints. Enjoy your summer and maybe you will get to stay with us again next time you're in town visiting.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm from the area and attended a wedding reception just up the road at the Breezewood Firehall. I didn't have the desire to travel back home that night and chose this hotel to stay at because I believed it would be the best in Breezewood. I was not wrong. Check in was quick and the room was clean. I had a handful of people in the room as well and we happened to make a pretty good amount of noise that night. I felt bad in the morning, but thankfully I don't think we had any neighbors! Otherwise, everything was great and I would stay here again if necessary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Brandi P,

Let me start by thanking you for letting us as well as others know of your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you were pleased with the staff and cleanliness of our hotel. We stryve to to give every guest a positive experience. I do apologize that you must not have had a positive experience at the restaurant you ate at. I will pass your comment on to the manager there to let them know that you were dissappointed. If you pass this way again, we do hope you will stay with us again.

Have a Great Summer!

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
#6 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Breezewood? Share your experiences!