“Clean and convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Breezewood
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very convenient hotel on our way to Maryland. Quiet. Staff very friendly. My only downside was the room smelled of smoke. Not sure why because the room appeared to have been painted and bathrooms remodeled. Even the bathroom towels smelled. It is a nonsmoking facility but had that "I used to allow smoking smell"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Julie833,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. Reviews are a very important tool for us. They help us monitor our guests views and experiences so we know what we are doing right and what we need to work on. I apologize that your room seem to of had a smokey smell to it. We stryve to be 100% smoke free. Perhaps you could privately email me the room you were in so that we may check that room. My email is andrea@gtppa.com I do hope you will give us another shot in the future to show you we are capapble of the service you deserve.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My sister lives 13 hours away, so I drive 7 hours and then stop at this hotel. A week later, I do the same thing for the drive back. And I do this every year so I've been to this Holiday Inn a lot. The location is right at the entrance/exit of the toll road which is ideal but the street in front of the Holiday Inn is insanely crowded with stopped traffic and the traffic lights are so slow that it will make you crazy. There are lots of restaurants and gas stations around.

The hotel itself is clean and quiet but a big problem for me is that the rooms don't have their own fridge and microwave like most Holiday Inn's. I always travel with my own food and then warm it up in the microwave but at this hotel I had to walk all the way down to the lobby, wait in line, and then ask the front desk person to warm my food up in their employee lounge. They were very nice about it, but it was inconvenient.

I guess at this hotel the room phones are just for decoration. One night, about midnight, I could hear the person in the next room snoring so loudly that I was unable to sleep. Even with my earplugs in and air conditioning on, I could still hear it so by 2am I wanted to call the lobby to asked to be moved to another room, but the phone didn't work. Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night. During my stay the following week, I was in a different room and immediately checked the phone and again found that it didn't work.

Breakfast is decent. There is a good variety of cereals, breads, pancakes, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Making conversation, I asked the woman who was running breakfast what exactly she had in the back to cook with- a convection oven or hot plate? She said everything was cooked in the microwave.

The beds are very firm and the bathroom is very basic. The executive rooms are much nicer and the bathroom has higher end touches but those rooms are only on the first floor and as a female traveling alone, I just don't feel safe on the first floor of any hotel.

This place is overpriced but the location is right in the middle of my long drive and that's the only reason I keep returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wildlotus2482
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear wildlotus2482,

Thank you for choosing us to be your half way stopever during your long trip back and forth visiting your sister. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, both the positive and negative are welcome so that we know what we are doing right and what we need to improve.

I am happy to inform you that we will soon be undergoing a full renovation in which all rooms including public spaces will be remodeled and with that our owners have decided that there will be microwaves & fridges in all rooms.I know that doesn't help you in your past stays but hopefully will be more convenient for you for future stays.

I do sincerely apologize about the issues you have with the phones, I assure you they are not for decoration. There is a chance that the phones were not on the correct line # when trying to use them. No fault of your by any means, that is just something I will need to have housekeeping look at a little closer.

Breakfast eggs, meats and gravy are indeed heated in a microwave, that is not something we can change being that we are not a full service hotel with a restaurant. We do try to have a wide variety of items in there to match ones needs / preferences.

I do hope you will bear with us during this upcoming crazy but exciting time and see all the changes we have instore to make your stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped here on our way back from Canada. Normally stay at Hampton's but we were tired and this was the best looking hotel in the area. Room was clean and comfortable with firm double beds. Breakfast was provided and was quite tasty with cheese omelets, pancakes, warm cinnamon rolls, etc. It had ana outdoor pool and a nice workout room. There was a conference going on the it was very quiet. Near several places to eat and a shopping plaza. Traffic near hotel very busy due to trucking plaza nearby and proximity to 2 interstates. Staff was super nice.

Room Tip: Used our AARP to get a 10% discount.
1  Thank jbjdaman

Dear jbjdaman,

Thank for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We appreciate you taking the the time to write a review are are so glad that you pleasantly surprised with your stay. We hope you continue to look for and stay at other Holiday Inn Express hotels during your travels and hopefully can make it back here sometime as well.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great experience all around. Service, room, staff, pool, and breakfast were wonderful. Local restaurants were awesome as well. This is one place I will look forward to staying at next time we are in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Michael D,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, PA and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and your experience. We strive to create a memorable experience for all guests and help ease the stress of travel and I am so glad to read that you indeed did have a great experience. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and kids while traveling for vacation. Nice hotel and great staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Outdoor pool was nice as well. The cleaning crew was super friendly and when we made a request our first morning, not only did they do what we asked, they left us a note as well, which we really appreciated. Great breakfast and my 2nd morning I was excited when I realized they had Udi's Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. I have a gluten intolerance and am used to having to bring my own breakfast food, so it was so nice to see this treat which made me very happy. My only downside was noisy neighbors our 2nd night. They kept entering and exiting their room every 5 minutes, letting the door slam and yelling loudly in the hallway. This went on for about 2 hours, but thankfully ended shortly after 10 pm. Not the fault of the hotel, just people not being considerate of others.

Dear Dragonfly9702,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, Pa. We are so glad you chose us as one of your stops while traveling on vacation. It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. My housekeeping staff loves when the guests make special requests, they feel it makes their job easier, so thank you for that. Adding the Gluten Free items has been a huge success as there is becoming a growing number of people with Gluten sensitivities. We hope you will be able to stay with us again sometime. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

After spending the night and then departing early the next day to pick our child up from camp - I realized five hours later that I had left my own pillow at the hotel. Gave them a call when we were approaching the Breezewood exit (on our way home) and the housekeeping staff had already located it! I was so delighted when the housekeeper (Deb, the awesome hero of the day) came downstairs with it. Thank you for caring and saving the day (or at least my pillow's day!). Thank you once again for your warm and welcoming hospitality and your excellent service!

• Stayed: July 2014
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Arlingtys,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Breezewood, PA. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay and our staff. We are glad that Deb was able to locate your pillow and get it back to you, as there is nothing like a broken in pillow!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Steve Ringler

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stopped on the way to and from Pittsburgh to break up the drive. Was very impressed. Check in was easy. Our promised connecting rooms were in fact connecting. VERY comfortable (read: firm) beds. Great big room and big bathroom and shower. Breakfast clean and fast and good. Only problem, not of their doing I assume, was the darn soft water! Impossible to take a shower in less than 20 minutes due to the soft water and the low pressure. Oh well, can't have everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear BDR0se,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood for your stopover during your recent travels. We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write a review to let us and others know of your experience. I am so pleased to read that you had a good nights rest and enjoyed breakfast. I do apologize about the soft water, we naturally have hard well water and need to treat it. We do hope you will get a chance to visit us again during your travels.

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#1 of 10 in Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
#6 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Breezewood? Share your experiences!