Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
US$59
US$325
US$285
Breezewood Motel(Breezewood)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspancake machinehot tubroom was cleanfront desk staffcheck in was easyenjoyed breakfaststaff was friendlypa turnpikefirst floormany choicesdecent breakfastworking orderfree breakfasta great stayvery nice hotelstayed one nightwould stay here again
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are thinking of staying in Breezewood, you have probably not been through there before. Plan your trip to avoid the "town," or get through as quickly as possible.

If you have to stay there - this hotel is your best option. Friendly and responsive staff are a highlight. Clean rooms. Everything else is just the minimum to meet Holiday Inn Standards.

Bring your own toilet paper.

Room Tip: TIP - keep your doors locked and try not to go out a night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg B
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Greg B,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. We are glad our staff took care of you. We would disagree with your advice to avoid Breezewood. Breezewood is a very interesting place with so many Friendly people in the various businesses. This town was built with a spirit of hospitality which remains in most Breezewood Businesses today.

Have a Wonderful Weekend,
Steve Ringler

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times. I made the reservation about 4 hours before we arrived and they were very accommodating. They were able to get me adjoining rooms when we checked in. Vicki checked us in and was very helpful with where to order dinner for delivery. The beds were very comfortable and the noise level was low. I would definite continue to stop here on our way to the East Coast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear rzmz89,

Thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. It's always a pleasure having previous come back and visit with us again. I am so happy that they were able to accomodate you needs. It's a big help when guests call ahead with special requests instead of waiting until actual check-in, that gives us time to try our best to make it happen. I have forwarded your comments on to Vicki, she will be very pleased that she made a great impression on you and you remebered her name. I hope you will get to come back and visit again real soon.

Have a Blessed Day!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very convenient hotel on our way to Maryland. Quiet. Staff very friendly. My only downside was the room smelled of smoke. Not sure why because the room appeared to have been painted and bathrooms remodeled. Even the bathroom towels smelled. It is a nonsmoking facility but had that "I used to allow smoking smell"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Julie833,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. Reviews are a very important tool for us. They help us monitor our guests views and experiences so we know what we are doing right and what we need to work on. I apologize that your room seem to of had a smokey smell to it. We stryve to be 100% smoke free. Perhaps you could privately email me the room you were in so that we may check that room. My email is andrea@gtppa.com I do hope you will give us another shot in the future to show you we are capapble of the service you deserve.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My sister lives 13 hours away, so I drive 7 hours and then stop at this hotel. A week later, I do the same thing for the drive back. And I do this every year so I've been to this Holiday Inn a lot. The location is right at the entrance/exit of the toll road which is ideal but the street in front of the Holiday Inn is insanely crowded with stopped traffic and the traffic lights are so slow that it will make you crazy. There are lots of restaurants and gas stations around.

The hotel itself is clean and quiet but a big problem for me is that the rooms don't have their own fridge and microwave like most Holiday Inn's. I always travel with my own food and then warm it up in the microwave but at this hotel I had to walk all the way down to the lobby, wait in line, and then ask the front desk person to warm my food up in their employee lounge. They were very nice about it, but it was inconvenient.

I guess at this hotel the room phones are just for decoration. One night, about midnight, I could hear the person in the next room snoring so loudly that I was unable to sleep. Even with my earplugs in and air conditioning on, I could still hear it so by 2am I wanted to call the lobby to asked to be moved to another room, but the phone didn't work. Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night. During my stay the following week, I was in a different room and immediately checked the phone and again found that it didn't work.

Breakfast is decent. There is a good variety of cereals, breads, pancakes, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Making conversation, I asked the woman who was running breakfast what exactly she had in the back to cook with- a convection oven or hot plate? She said everything was cooked in the microwave.

The beds are very firm and the bathroom is very basic. The executive rooms are much nicer and the bathroom has higher end touches but those rooms are only on the first floor and as a female traveling alone, I just don't feel safe on the first floor of any hotel.

This place is overpriced but the location is right in the middle of my long drive and that's the only reason I keep returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wildlotus2482
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear wildlotus2482,

Thank you for choosing us to be your half way stopever during your long trip back and forth visiting your sister. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, both the positive and negative are welcome so that we know what we are doing right and what we need to improve.

I am happy to inform you that we will soon be undergoing a full renovation in which all rooms including public spaces will be remodeled and with that our owners have decided that there will be microwaves & fridges in all rooms.I know that doesn't help you in your past stays but hopefully will be more convenient for you for future stays.

I do sincerely apologize about the issues you have with the phones, I assure you they are not for decoration. There is a chance that the phones were not on the correct line # when trying to use them. No fault of your by any means, that is just something I will need to have housekeeping look at a little closer.

Breakfast eggs, meats and gravy are indeed heated in a microwave, that is not something we can change being that we are not a full service hotel with a restaurant. We do try to have a wide variety of items in there to match ones needs / preferences.

I do hope you will bear with us during this upcoming crazy but exciting time and see all the changes we have instore to make your stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped here on our way back from Canada. Normally stay at Hampton's but we were tired and this was the best looking hotel in the area. Room was clean and comfortable with firm double beds. Breakfast was provided and was quite tasty with cheese omelets, pancakes, warm cinnamon rolls, etc. It had ana outdoor pool and a nice workout room. There was a conference going on the it was very quiet. Near several places to eat and a shopping plaza. Traffic near hotel very busy due to trucking plaza nearby and proximity to 2 interstates. Staff was super nice.

Room Tip: Used our AARP to get a 10% discount.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jbjdaman

Dear jbjdaman,

Thank for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We appreciate you taking the the time to write a review are are so glad that you pleasantly surprised with your stay. We hope you continue to look for and stay at other Holiday Inn Express hotels during your travels and hopefully can make it back here sometime as well.