“Inexpensive and clean”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here on a whim as we wanted to see the Flight 93 Memorial ( an hour away) and also wanted to book another night for the Best Western 3 nights/ get one free special. We had a coupon and because of it, the front desk clerk told us the night doesn't count in the reward points or towards the free night. She also gave us a room with 2 double beds and no microwave or fridge. The wifi didn't work in our room. The room was clean and the bathroom had a granite countertop. Breakfast was in a very small room and it was pretty sparse but hey, yogurt and toast are what I eat at home anyway.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the back building. It is not as noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 300hollyh
BWbreezewood, Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Thank you for your review. We have added real scrambled eggs and hot biscuits since your stay with us. Please visit us again and enjoy the many updates.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plaza Inn

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had car trouble and with the help of a local tow company we ended up at the Best Western Plaza Inn in Breezewood. I was grateful for the local recommendation and found the hotel more than adequate for such an emergency. The front desk clerk was friendly and knowledgable of the area. She even gave us phone numbers for all the parts stores in the area. Our room was very clean and had a microwave and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and there was a good variety of places to eat within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again and next time it will be by choice, not because of unfortunate circumstances.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LewisandMaggie

Thank you for you review. Please stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is an older hotel with lots of modern upgrades. It's was a perfect half-way stop for our tired family when we traveled from Ontario to Virginia Beach last week. There are handy eating places all around and the pool was just what the kids needed. We had five people so the rollaway bed the front desk added to our room made our stay very comfortable. The room was very clean and served our purpose extremely well for the rate we paid. The breakfast was an added surprise with real eggs and hot biscuits. We have already reserved our room here for our return trip.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear building are quiet and convenient to the pool. We were in Room #212.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lydia F

Thank you for your review. Hope your return trip is a great one. We love return guests.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

There are not many choices in Breezewood but if I had to stay overnight again in this area, I would go to the Holiday Inn Express (just a block away and located a little further from the road). Lobby & rooms are extremely dated. Rooms are very noisy - both because of wall-mounted AC unit and traffic. Breakfast room is very, very small with limited food choices.

Lobby staff were pleasant.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for room further from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of updating the property and hope you will stay with us again when the updates are complete.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This motel brought back memories of traveling years ago. We parked right outside our door. A very clean hotel. This hotel is right by a gas station and across from a Denny's Restaurant and a McDonald's is nearby too. Not a lot of things at this exit, but this hotel was nice and it was nice to stay where it's not real busy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Breezewood.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The 1960's era NASA prototype HVAC controls were my first sign that this may not be a pleasant stay. Some of those astronauts burned to death, ya know.

I gingerly made my way back to the commode, just past the in-window AC unit that is controlled by a series of switches and knobs at the HVAC Mission Control Panel. Upon inspection, the commode was also an apparent NASA early prototype in that it was very compact and even though I'm 5'9 and 140 lbs, I would certainly be resting my chest on my knees had I needed to perform a lunar landing on this thing.

Roach.

Turning back towards the door, I could no longer withstand that stink of stale cigarettes which is a part of this building now, after decades of cigarette smoke pouring into the rooms. The fact that the AC was weak, and can't dehumidify that space adequately only exacerbated that dank musty stench.

I sat outside, staring at a half filled pool in the middle of the Summer, listening to the onslaught of trucks coming and going as this is a major intersection of two terrible Pennsylvania interstates in a terrible Pennsylvania town, and looking at the Sheetz that is in the middle of the parking lot, with it's busy flow of customers and thought, 'If I get drunk enough, I might just fall asleep here'. After I waltz over to the Sheetz and find out I can't buy alcohol there because everything in this state is an apparent hassle, I realized I was going to be sleeping in my car. Either that, or take my chances with the heroin I could score in the parking lot.

Let me just emphasize that again – there is literally a Sheetz gas station in the parking lot. This is an insanely busy part of highway because of the fundamental troglodyte approach Pennsylvania took in building this place. The constant shuffle of traffic not just at Sheetz, but at this ridiculous intersection, is a constant stream of noise into your poorly-weather-stripped-door and single-pane-window-glass of a room.

Another roach.

So I turn in my key and ask about a refund. Of course, that's out of the question. I should have known how lousy, loud, and gross of a place this was beforehand instead of relying on the Best Western reputation. The staff was nice enough - it's not like they were rude at all, but the facility is a pretty bad place to rest your head. I hope this review will help you avoid the hotel that God gave up on as there is a quite nice Hampton Inn about 100 feet away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found our hotel to be less than adequate for your needs. We are doing many updates and I hope you will stay with us again when they are complete.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Based on the name we chose to stay at this hotel. Slapping a coat of paint on the walls does not make an improvement. The carpets were sticky, the bathroom door broke as well as numerous other things!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BWbreezewood, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of renovating our hotel and hope that the next time you stay with us, you will enjoy the changes we are making. Hopefully your next visit to Breezewood will be soon and we look forward to serving you again.

Happy Traveling,
Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#5 of 10 in Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford

Been to Best Western Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!