“Partially Renovated”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here for one night while passing through the area. This is an older property that has had some renovations. The public areas looked nice and have been renovated. In our room, the bedroom section was renovated and looked clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable.
However, the bathroom still looked very old and has apparently not been updated in a long time. The toilet was stained. The shower head was stained with hard water stains. There was green mold growing around the sink faucet handles. One of the bathroom towels had a questionable stain on it. If the bathrooms were renovated, this would probably be a pretty good place to stay.
There was a charge for breakfast so we didn't eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear bluemoonsymphony,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel is an excellent value, especially if it's only for a one or two night stay. The lobby is spacious and the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. They even extended me a late 2PM checkout for no charge. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, with all freshly prepared eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, a wide selection of breads, and fresh fruit. You don't want to miss breakfast if staying at this hotel. The two restaurants offered a wide variety at reasonable prices.
All of the hotel staff were friendly and eager to help guests. The outdoor pool was large and well maintained. The large flat panel TV in the room as well as free wi-fi internet is always a very pleasant surprise. Since I had business which required wi fi, I really appreciated this amenity.
Now for the areas for improvement. This is an older Holiday Inn and that is evident in the hallways and the rooms. New carpeting, fresh paint, and new ceiling tiles would do wonders. Everything except for the well decorated lobby was dated in 70's style. As mentioned above, there was a lack of sufficient elevators, but if you're on the second floor, this would not matter.
Overall, this was a great hotel and provided me lots of reasons for returning the next time I'm in the Allentown area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here for a one-night stopover and were happy with our stay. The hotel is an older property, but has been very well maintained. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the employees were friendly and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised with our complementary breakfast (in the Priority Club).

Room Tip: We were "upgraded" to the third floor, which was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for recently staying with us. It means a lot that you have enjoyed your stay and have shared that. I am very proud of this hotel, its offerings and most importantly of the employees. I feel very fortunate to work with such a wonderful group of people. I will be sure to share your kind words with them, and on behalf of the entire team: we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley with my daughter's soccer team and their parents for a soccer tournament. There were 45 of us staying at the hotel as a group. The Hotel went out of their way to accommodate our every need. I have never received such excellent service. By far, the best customer service I have ever received. I highly recommend staying here. Shelby, one of the managers, is the best! I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

THANK YOU very much for your feedback and kind words. On behalf of the entire team, it was a pleasure to have you and the rest of your group with us. It means a lot that you have mentioned how great of a stay you had, and I have already shared your thoughts with the team and posted it in the employee lounge 'voice of the customer' board. They will be thrilled to read your comments. Thanks again, and we hope to see you with us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Nothing real bad about this hotel, rooms were very nice, but the bathtub area looked older than the rest of the room - along with faucets that didn't work correctly. Breakfast buffet costs around $12.00.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and thank you for your feedback and nice comments. We are in the process of addressing what you point out regarding the bath area and hope you have a chance to visit again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent a night here over the long weekend. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was nice and clean.The reason I gave three stars was that we had a bad experience with the breakfast served in the morning. The place has a restaurant for hot breakfast and it was not even free. Looks like the staff were over worked and were very grumpy. After waiting for about 15minutes, one lady came and told us that they cannot serve us anymore. Just about when we were leaving another lady asked us to come inside. Most of the food was over and the service was very poor.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding the staff and your accommodations. I appreciate your feedback regarding your breakfast experience with us. Though we are typically proud of what we offer at breakfast, including the service, it is apparent that we dropped the ball with you on this particular day. I will share your feedback with the team to help ensure that we deliver consistently what we know we can. Being a full service hotel, our breakfast insn't typically included with the rate, but that's all the more reason why we should ensure we deliver what you, and all our guests, deserve. I do hope that you visit again, and if you were to do so then please do not hesistate to contact me directly so I can personally ensure we expedite a great experience for you.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

During our stay for out of town business, there was a medical emergency with one of our customers. Teresa at the front desk was understanding, caring, and went above expectations. She was truly a pleasure to work with during this trying time and I wanted everyone to know that the family members from out of town and all our business guests appreciate the extra effort. I will always remember how great we were treated, and highly recommend this hotel for all future stays

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding the staff here at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley. On behalf of everyone, I appreciate the kind words and am very happy that the team was able to assist during the medical issue encountered. We hope to see you again. All the best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!