“Very nice hotel property”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel property”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Enjoyed a lovely stay at this Holiday Inn. Booked for a concert in Allentown, and were pleasantly surprised at just how nice this HI was. Excellent king bed and mattress, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Refridgerator, free wi-fi easily accessed. There was a separate lounge with fireplace for HI club members, and a good bar/restaurant. Had some of the best wings we've had in a long time - and decent selection of on tap beers. Had so much fun with good crowd in the bar, that we slept late and missed breakfast. We travel at the high end quite a lot - and this was a little gem. Very helpful and friendly staff, bartenders!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
NJ
Reviewed 29 August 2013

this was my second stay at this hotel, the first stay was so good I wanted to go back,I love the area where it is located, I had just left another Hoilday Inn in the same state where I was given rewards member recognition , when I walked in it was strange to me that the desk clerk didn't mention anything,and my 10 yr old daughter pointed it out, upon seeing the room I was surprised to see all the stains on the rug, but everything else was fine,until in the morning the toilet overflowed, I just wanted to leave at this point,I checked out telling the clerk about my 2 issues I didn’t even receive a reply, from him, I thought that was very rude, I see how management likes to reply on the bad reviews given, but, I do wonder if the staff is being trained on how to handle these issues, it seems that management wants to make things right and urges issues to be discussed prior to leaving the hotel so they can be addressed, but as for me, they were not , and it's a shame because the area is great, but I will no longer visit this hotel again and will try to go with another chain that gives better service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear simplemom2013,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. it is very nice to know that you liked our location. On the other hand, we are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience with the staff and with the toilet. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being looked into actions will be taken accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a great stay here last weekend when we were in the area for an event. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I like the lounge they had set up with snacks & breakfast for rewards members - we'd never seen that at a Holiday Inn before. The staff were excellent. They were always friendly and ready to help anytime we had a question or issue. The pool area is nice but my only disappointment is the lack of hot tub. Both the website and the in-room amenity list listed a hot tub as a feature of this hotel - something we were looking forward to for this visit - but there wasn't one anywhere on the property.

There is a bar/restaurant on site but it's very loud and slow with service. I usually think of hotel bars as low key affairs where travelers can unwind at the end of the day. This one was dark and had music blaring starting pretty early in the evening. I had one meal there but a band set up and the noise gave me a headache. Luckily it isn't located near any of the guest rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed with my family at this property for a wedding function in June. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating to any needs my family or I had. The big difference between this hotel and any other well-trained staff was made by the manager, John. John is a fantastic manager and took extremely good care of everyone. He is warm and personable to everyone, and made sure that I did not have even one complaint during my stay. If you like great rooms, a courteous staff, and an awesome manager, I highly recommend you stay at Lehigh Valley!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wanaque
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed 2 midweek nights recently with the family for a visit to nearby Dorney Park (less than 10 minutes away). Check in was nice and easy - I used points to pay for part of the stay and as a result, had 2 separate reservations for the 2 night stay. Front desk was able to amend that so that we didn't have to check out and check back into the 2nd night. Staff was friendly and accommodating throughout the stay.
Our room was on the 3rd floor, which has "executive" privileges (restricted access to the floor, complimentary lite breakfast, and appetizers in evening). Room itself was nice. We had a king room with a pullout sofa-bed. Seemed clean and appeared to be fairly recently renovated. Bed was comfy, couch was nice (the pullout bed was a pullout bed - nothing to write home about, but good enough for the kids for a few nights). Bathroom was clean and modern - something I was concerned about given some reviews - but it was absolutely fine. AC worked well, kept the room nice on the hot days.
We did not have breakfast in the restaurant. One morning, we did partake in the free lite breakfast for the executive floor rooms, which was OK given the price. A decent selection of juices, cereal, coffee, fruit/fruit salad, bread/English muffins.
Pool was excellent - a good size, clean, lots of chairs and tables to sit at. It was a nice diversion for the kids during any down time between activities.
All in all, a nice stay. The staff was friendly and engaged (Summer at the front desk especially), which put it over the top. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice. Our room was recently renovated.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2013

On Saturday, August 3, we walked into the entryway late in front of the hotel which was full of smokers. They weren't off to the sides, but sitting in chairs right by the front door - a virtual smoking lounge. The desk clerk was slow. While we were waiting, the elderly doorman approached my small children, got their attention by putting one hand on each head and asking if they had come to visit the water park. He appeared upset when they wouldn't talk to him so I let him know that they didn't talk to strangers (let alone be touched ...). We went to our dirty "down-free" room that had down comforters. There were dirt clumps on the bathroom floor. We slept and attempted to have our free priority club continental breakfast but the staff (desk clerk and bellboy) did not have ingredients, and would not go find labels or ask the chef. There were no guests there so it wasn't like they were busy. My children have food allergies, so reading labels is critical. Then, we paid over $50 for a buffet breakfast with plastic tasting eggs. That server was very nice and helpful with ingredients, consulting the chef. When I talked to the front desk, he listened to my issues and stared at me. No apology, no amends. I asked about a refund at least for the breakfast since we shouldn't have had to pay for one and he said that there was nothing he could do about it since my husband paid in cash (too lazy to go ask our nice server) and he couldn't credit any discount on the hotel due to the internet booking on hotels.com.

1 Thank HonestAbe47
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear HonestAbe47,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had in your room and the issues you had during breakfast. Reservations made through third party sources have certain restrictions that can only be managed by the office where the reservation was made, as such, our hotel is unable to issue refunds or make some modifications. Nevertheless, we deeply regret the poor experience and service issues you have encountered.

Your experience is not reflective of the high standards that we pride ourselves with. We always aim to deliver world class service and with this in mind, your comments will certainly be looked into and improvements will be made where possible. We hope that despite your dissatisfaction, you will still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Maplewood, NJ
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Considering the reviews regarding the age of this hotel, we were more than satisfied with the rooms and the service. We stayed at this hotel the wekeend of July 19th with a sports team for a weekend tournament.

The room was clean, and the linens and pillows of good quality. Everything in our room worked. I knew that this was an older hotel, but it has been maintained well. We were on the 1st floor. The pool was attractive and clean, as was the lobby.

The only odd thing was that despite the fact that the airconditioning units cooled the room, the room was very damp. We had similar comments from the other parents on our team.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#9 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!