Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
US$70
US$168
US$140
US$68
All reviewssam adamsfront deskchef's tablelehigh valleymeeting roomclass reunionchef ianhotel barbreakfast buffetyogurtbrewhouseweddingallentownbanquetballroomhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel and the last night was Terrible. There were people making so much noise, slamming doors yelling in the hall way.... we called the front desk several times and were told security would handle it.
To our surprise we found out the next morning after the noise continued through the night, there was no security on staff..... they asked the housekeeper to handle the situation, and it was not handled.
The young woman at the desk looked to be in her early 20s and had no clue how to handle this situation. The police should have been called but were not.
It is apparent the training and the care in how to handle are severely lacking. We ended up with about 3 hours sleep before a 17 hour drive home. The hotel refuses to give a full refund for that night's stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Don W,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Allentown, PA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Enjoyed a lovely stay at this Holiday Inn. Booked for a concert in Allentown, and were pleasantly surprised at just how nice this HI was. Excellent king bed and mattress, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Refridgerator, free wi-fi easily accessed. There was a separate lounge with fireplace for HI club members, and a good bar/restaurant. Had some of the best wings we've had in a long time - and decent selection of on tap beers. Had so much fun with good crowd in the bar, that we slept late and missed breakfast. We travel at the high end quite a lot - and this was a little gem. Very helpful and friendly staff, bartenders!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

this was my second stay at this hotel, the first stay was so good I wanted to go back,I love the area where it is located, I had just left another Hoilday Inn in the same state where I was given rewards member recognition , when I walked in it was strange to me that the desk clerk didn't mention anything,and my 10 yr old daughter pointed it out, upon seeing the room I was surprised to see all the stains on the rug, but everything else was fine,until in the morning the toilet overflowed, I just wanted to leave at this point,I checked out telling the clerk about my 2 issues I didn’t even receive a reply, from him, I thought that was very rude, I see how management likes to reply on the bad reviews given, but, I do wonder if the staff is being trained on how to handle these issues, it seems that management wants to make things right and urges issues to be discussed prior to leaving the hotel so they can be addressed, but as for me, they were not , and it's a shame because the area is great, but I will no longer visit this hotel again and will try to go with another chain that gives better service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear simplemom2013,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. it is very nice to know that you liked our location. On the other hand, we are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience with the staff and with the toilet. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being looked into actions will be taken accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a great stay here last weekend when we were in the area for an event. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I like the lounge they had set up with snacks & breakfast for rewards members - we'd never seen that at a Holiday Inn before. The staff were excellent. They were always friendly and ready to help anytime we had a question or issue. The pool area is nice but my only disappointment is the lack of hot tub. Both the website and the in-room amenity list listed a hot tub as a feature of this hotel - something we were looking forward to for this visit - but there wasn't one anywhere on the property.

There is a bar/restaurant on site but it's very loud and slow with service. I usually think of hotel bars as low key affairs where travelers can unwind at the end of the day. This one was dark and had music blaring starting pretty early in the evening. I had one meal there but a band set up and the noise gave me a headache. Luckily it isn't located near any of the guest rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed with my family at this property for a wedding function in June. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating to any needs my family or I had. The big difference between this hotel and any other well-trained staff was made by the manager, John. John is a fantastic manager and took extremely good care of everyone. He is warm and personable to everyone, and made sure that I did not have even one complaint during my stay. If you like great rooms, a courteous staff, and an awesome manager, I highly recommend you stay at Lehigh Valley!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family