“Spend More to Stay Somewhere Else”

Knights Inn Pittsburgh Bridgeville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeville
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Our family completed a 3 week roadtrip, which involved several hotel stays. The Knights Inn Bridgeville was the unanimous pick of the worst place that we stayed - hands down, nothing else came even close.

If you are completely strapped for funds, this hotel might be acceptable. However, if there is any way that you can scrape together another few bucks to stay someplace, anyplace, better do so. This motel has the feeling of a nursing home in disrepair in a ghost town.

The motel may not be dirty, but it isn't clean either. The beds were OK, but the additional rollaway bed we rented for $10 was missing all the springs on the lower 3/4 of both sides. The bar in the middle was the only thing that prevented my son from sagging through to the floor. Speaking of floors, the floor in the bathroom had loose tiles because the underlying wood was warped. When we complained about the rollaway bed in the morning, the desk clerk's response was complete apathy. I'm not sure that she had enough English vocabulary to understand what I was saying.

The motel appears to have been built in the 1950's or 1960's and has deteriorated since. The Interstate roadside sign should be sufficient warning. It has faded to the point where it is illegible. Additionally, the motel is in an industrial part of town, which feels like it came out of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Since there is only one way in and out of the parking lot, Leatherface and the crew could be waiting for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My 14 year old son and I stayed here from March 9-12, 2012. This motel was dated, clean enough, great shower, microwave, fridge, excellent heat, tv programming was so-so. good, affordable vending machines with large variety. Close by the motel (all within 3 minute drive) is mc donalds, gas, variety store and tonnes of things nearby driving distance....wallymart, lots of restaurants, interstate, etc. The BEST thing about this location is that directly across the street is a public bus stop $3.25 to downtown Pittsburgh (40 minute ride) runs every hour to and from. Parking in Pitt is higher than your average north american city. Perfect for hitting the Pens, Pirates, Steelers, and some amazing food (man vs. food via you-tube) We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Noticed at least one room with wheelchair ramps. Smoking room are available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank luigilou
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This place was ok, but somewhat of an older building kept in ok shape. Our room was mostly clean, but the shower curtain was kind of dirty and nasty looking. Speaking of showers, the shower head is built for people who are 5', so bring 6'1" I had to squat a bit to clean off. Breakfast was fine, but with only 3 tables, there was nowhere to sit. If you just need a place to sleep for a night, it's worth the value, but if you dig fancy, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Stayed at the knights inn while having my son checked out at UPMC. The rates are excellent with decent rooms and free wi fi and only 15 to 20 min to downtown Pittsburgh. I would recommend 100%. Nothing is going to "wow" you about the place except the price. (paid $47 a night) but a great place to sleep, shower and relax a bit.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 17 October 2010

In town for the weekend visiiting family. Nearby hotels were full so we tried this - found every thing clean and comfortable. Could have paid twice as much. The area was very quiet and coffee and breakfast were satisfying.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I would never stay at a crappy hotel, under normal circumstances. However, driving north the other night in wind, rain and fog on unfamiliar and very curvy freeways I decided to try and find a hotel for safety reasons. Every single hotel was booked within an hour of Washington, PA except for the Knights Inn in Bridgeville. Under protest from all of us, we decided it was safest to stay somewhere so we went to the Knights Inn. Paid 79.75 for a king bed room and drove around building to our room. As we drove past other rooms there were men and women standing around with their doors open, cars driving up and then leaving shortly after. Drugs? Prostitution? Not sure BUT THERE WERE POSITIVELY 'USED CONDOMS' IN THE PARKING LOT AND ON THE SIDEWALK!!!! SHEETS WERE DIRTY! GROSS! WE STAYED 5 MINUTES - I got my money back, left and drove to Pittsburgh where I stayed at the Hyatt - now they have it going on there!

I went to www.knightsinn.com to discover that Knights Inn is part of Wyndam (I'M SHOCKED). I called the 800# to complain and talked to a woman named Brenda, who kept cutting me off when I was trying to tell her about this. Crappy hotel, crappy customer service. Dear Wyndam: You should drop this franchise - it's bringing you down.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2010

When we first pulled into the parking lot, my mouth dropped. This place looked old and abandoned. However, when we entered our room, it was nicely decorated and the AC was set at a cool 65 (it was 95 outside). The area could definitely use some landscaping and improvement but for the price, it was a great deal. The water was HOT, the beds were comfortable and there was a mini fridge in our room. It was close to the highway and easy to find. The actually location was questionable but acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Been to Knights Inn Pittsburgh Bridgeville? Share your experiences!