“Disgusting”

Knights Inn Pittsburgh Bridgeville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeville
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Will probably never go to Pittsburgh again but if we do...........never again at this crap shoot. everything from holes in the wall, to liquids on the carpet that looked like sperm and just dirty overall. Staff is all Indian and I have seen closets bigger than the lobby. No Joke

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2012

This room was very clean but the room was really too small for a couple. King size bed, one office chair and one comfortabke chair. Ok if you only wanted to sleep but little room for anything else. Thestaff was very helpful and caring. Price was average for the area, It would have been nice if there was room for a small table. The bed was very comfortable and the shower worked well

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Filthy dirty - dead bugs in the cobwebs and in the tub, mold on the shower curtain. No temp control on the barely working AC. The room STANK to high heaven. Bullet holes on the exterior doors. Downright disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank TinaLoco
Reviewed 23 July 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE

I reserved a block of rooms for my wedding and it was nothing but a problem. The hotel staff lost our reservations 4 TIMES! A month before the wedding we called in to confirm reservations and it was a good thing we did, because they didn’t have them. We rebooked them, and they got lost again. When we tried to call to rebook again, the hotel staff hung up on us. Then I called the customer hotline and they rebooked the rooms. I’m not exaggerating, we seriously had to book the same rooms 4 times.

Then the hotel actually called me and asked me what time my people were going to get there. I have never heard of this before, and as bride 3 days before my wedding you can image how upset I was.

When the last of my guests got to the hotel, the front desk staff scolded them and said that all the problems were my fault and we were to blame and started making accusations to the guest.

This place was a huge problem and I regret keeping the reservations with them. I don’t know how a place can operate with such terrible customer service. I stay in hotels on a regular basis and I’ve never had such a rude, disrespectful experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Our family completed a 3 week roadtrip, which involved several hotel stays. The Knights Inn Bridgeville was the unanimous pick of the worst place that we stayed - hands down, nothing else came even close.

If you are completely strapped for funds, this hotel might be acceptable. However, if there is any way that you can scrape together another few bucks to stay someplace, anyplace, better do so. This motel has the feeling of a nursing home in disrepair in a ghost town.

The motel may not be dirty, but it isn't clean either. The beds were OK, but the additional rollaway bed we rented for $10 was missing all the springs on the lower 3/4 of both sides. The bar in the middle was the only thing that prevented my son from sagging through to the floor. Speaking of floors, the floor in the bathroom had loose tiles because the underlying wood was warped. When we complained about the rollaway bed in the morning, the desk clerk's response was complete apathy. I'm not sure that she had enough English vocabulary to understand what I was saying.

The motel appears to have been built in the 1950's or 1960's and has deteriorated since. The Interstate roadside sign should be sufficient warning. It has faded to the point where it is illegible. Additionally, the motel is in an industrial part of town, which feels like it came out of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Since there is only one way in and out of the parking lot, Leatherface and the crew could be waiting for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My 14 year old son and I stayed here from March 9-12, 2012. This motel was dated, clean enough, great shower, microwave, fridge, excellent heat, tv programming was so-so. good, affordable vending machines with large variety. Close by the motel (all within 3 minute drive) is mc donalds, gas, variety store and tonnes of things nearby driving distance....wallymart, lots of restaurants, interstate, etc. The BEST thing about this location is that directly across the street is a public bus stop $3.25 to downtown Pittsburgh (40 minute ride) runs every hour to and from. Parking in Pitt is higher than your average north american city. Perfect for hitting the Pens, Pirates, Steelers, and some amazing food (man vs. food via you-tube) We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Noticed at least one room with wheelchair ramps. Smoking room are available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank luigilou
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This place was ok, but somewhat of an older building kept in ok shape. Our room was mostly clean, but the shower curtain was kind of dirty and nasty looking. Speaking of showers, the shower head is built for people who are 5', so bring 6'1" I had to squat a bit to clean off. Breakfast was fine, but with only 3 tables, there was nowhere to sit. If you just need a place to sleep for a night, it's worth the value, but if you dig fancy, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011

Been to Knights Inn Pittsburgh Bridgeville? Share your experiences!