“Sunday dinner”

Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rumfish Grille offers a great variety of american foods with a Caribbean twist. We have a full bar, lounge and seasonal patio and porch. We host live music Wednesday through Saturday (acoustic). In the warmer months, our beach patio features live entertainment and DJ's, check our website for our calendar of events. The "beach" at Rumfish is open Wednesdays through Saturday. We have extensive lounge seating and fire pits to cozy up to for eats, drinks and other treats!
“Sunday dinner”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

After a bit of a delay before our server came over to greet us (the manager (?) stopped by twice to tell us that Scott would be by very soon) things got much better. My wife and I decided to eat in the bar because they had a bar only happy hour special of 6 oysters for $5.00, and the full menu was also available. The oysters were sweet and clean and they were served with two separate dips horseradish and cocktail so you can adjust the level of horseradish you want. We followed with salmon tartar with jalapeño caviar and fried won tons. And yes we stayed with the appetizer menu and finished with a dozen clams and two dozen mussels in garlic sauces. All went well with an Italian Pinot Grigio. We had a wonderful dinner and will definitely go back soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“There for dinner...never again! Nice atmosphere for a drink, that's about it.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you want to go for a drink, the nightlife, of just watch the beautiful people (or those who think that they are), this may be the place for you. Reasonable priced drinks, outdoor seating, a sandy dance floor, and a nice atmosphere,,,, but that's where it ends, just don't go for dinner.

Went for dinner, and this was my second attempt, the last time we witnesses an irate female customer screaming at the Manager. We arrived at 6pm and were told we would have a table in about a half hour, it was over an hour. We were seated and ordered, we got our drinks right away, our soup and salad came 45 minutes later. When it arrived the soup was cold, I complained and they borough me another one, it was not much better. Lobster bisque.. a 7" diameter plate with 1/2" of soup for $7, no exaggeration! So at this point I have 2 bowls of cold soup. 30 minutes later our dinner arrives and guess what, another bowl of cold soup. My sirloin was OK, but at least it was good and hot.

We arrived at 6pm, we finally received our first cold soup at 7:47pm. My sirloin was OK, but Applebee's puts it to shame. Our dinner with one drink was $75, add all of the waiting and cold food, it won't happen again. I may go back and watch the pretty people and the lounge lizards scoping the crowd. Oh, I forgot to mention the Harleys that get to park backed in next to the fence and deafen you as they warm up their engines. Their pipes literally 3 feet from your ear while you dine outside, my wife had to hold her hands over her ears.

I can't complain about the wait service, our waiter was good. Too bad he had to serve slow, cold food. I made it a point to express my dissatisfaction of the food yet insured him that it didn't reflect on his efforts. It hurt to tip well for good service while the food and speed was lousy.

1 Thank hotrod53
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I'd Give It Another Opportunity”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Made a reservation for 4 and were seated immediately. Good crowd on the patio. I felt like I had just entered a cruise ship. Waitstaff was appropriately attentive. The poutine was so-so but edible. Greens and beans garlicky but pretty good. My Arctic char was better than average but a very small portion for the price. The brussel sprouts were too salty to eat. The fried chicken was tasty but the breast was not cooked through-big problem and no apology. Nobody there looked like management and no one bothered to address the problem although we did get a chicken dinner to go...by the time the chicken was re-cooked correctly, our party was done with the meal. I might give them an opportunity to improve but it'll be a while before I return.

Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful Patio”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Found this place from the Hotel I was staying at the front desk lady referred this place. The outdoor patio is huge and nice. Unfortunately was not able to sit out there as the weekend I went it was too cold to be on patio. The food was good big portions. Had the Lobster Bisque which was okay, and shared the RumFish Stew that was really good. Huge portion so don't have this by yourself. My friend and I split this. Worth going to check it out. They have Happy Hour on appetizers 5-7 pm which I missed but is too bad because they serve Oysters.

1 Thank AdrienneG71
“Just Not Worth It...”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went there last Saturday night around 730. Place was only half full. Sat right by the open kitchen...you could tell they were not busy at all. Bread that came out was way too salty. Ordered the crab dip app and it was OK at best. Girl friend ordered artic char and it was overdone. Ordered with lentils and brussel sprouts which were hard to find in the lentils. I had the mahi mahi in a chimichurri sauce--way too much garlic that killed the fish. Mash was too liquidy and asparagus was bland. Drinks were watered down.

With a half full place we still waited over 25 minutes for our meals to be served

Never again