Americas Best Value Inn - Bristol / Levittown / Philadelphia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bristol
Gloucester, Virginia
“Cock roaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

I had cockroaches crawling on me within 30 minutes of entering the room. I requested a refund, but Days Inn charged me $20 to cancel because I had already spent 30 minutes in the room. Very nasty place. Lots of homeless types loitering about.
Spend a little more and stay in a safe environment.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank glenonoka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
catonsville, md
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2008

This was my worst Days Inn experience. I've stayed at many Days Inns because they are pretty basic, low cost, and have a free breakfast. We arrived late to this Days Inn, and the lobby was locked so my husband had to go to the window to pick up our key while I stayed in the car with our baby. Drunks were walking out of the adjacent bar and staggering out of view. I sat in the car feeling like I was in a red light district. I did not feel safe, like I was at the no-tell motel. Seemed very seedy. I had trouble falling asleep that night because I felt so misplaced. I felt like I was in a bad movie.

Our room had a king sized bed, and there was literally only two feet on either side of the bed. There were not enough outlets so they had an old extension cord and I had to unplug the lamp to plug in the alarm, which didn't even go off, by the way. The bed was nasty. It was old and saggy, and I felt the springs coming through. The comforter was probably an original Days Inn comforter. The room (and hallway) smelled of stale, old smoke. There were flies.

One of the employees was extremely rude to my husband on the phone. Another traveler had the same experience with the same person.

The only good thing was they brought up a crib for our baby immediately with a sheet that fit (something that we did not receive at a well-known higher end chain hotel). The breakfast wasn't bad--cereal, muffins, toast, juice, coffee, fruit.

It is unfortunate that we had this experience. I've stayed at some very nice Days Inns before, now I will have to really think twice before doing so again.

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank kruiz7

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

lancaster, pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

If Days Inn really gave this hotel a five sunrise rating, they really need to raise their standards. The lobby is very tiny, with barely room for more than one person. (and this is the only place with wireless internet access) We were assigned a room on the second floor. When we opened the door, it appeared that the two beds were almost too close to each other. The carpet was old, dirty, and very worn. There were huge red stains on the carpet and we joked that there was either a large party with red punch or a murder in that room that wasn't cleaned up. The mattresses were soft and bouncy, old. The decor was definately outdated. There was very little room in the bathroom. When we turned on the bathroom light and fan, it sounded like the fan was going to suck us out of the room. The only redeeming feature was that the shower with the old water pic head where you can adjust the spray. The water was very hard, though, so we left with very dry, itchy skin. All in all, we'd have been better off sleeping in the car.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank luv2gobye
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2006

Don't be decieved like I was. When you call and make a reservation, they are going to tell you that the hotel has received the highest rating for Cleanliness. I'm not sure how because my room looked like it wasn't cleaned at all. The rugs looked like they weren't vacuumed for months and the knobs on the sink faucet and the bathroom faucet were so grungy that I didn't even want to touch them. I thought maybe it was just my room until I noticed my friend's room was the same exact way. It also attracted some really weird people!!! On the upside it's cheap and it was some place to rest our heads for the big day at Sesame Place the next morning. (which by the way was a good experience)

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank Cara'smom
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2004

The Days Inn Levittown-Bristol is less than stellar. I stayed there for one night in September 2004 and ended up with a room that smelled so strongly of mildew that it was sickening (apparently they had cleaned the carpets and then closed the door without allowing the carpet to dry). In general it was not as clean as you would like a hotel to be and the pictures on the hotels website are deceptive. Additionally, we were told by friends that live locally that there have been burgalaries on-site and the the connecting restaurant/bar attracts a rowdy crowd on the weekends.

One the plus side: the room was large with 2 double beds and a couch, the hotel is very conveiniently located from the PA turnpike, the rooms were relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed September 2004
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank LCraig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Ramada Levittown Bucks County
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Levittown
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
No photo provided
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bristol / Levittown / Philadelphia? Share your experiences!