“Outside needs some real updating. Rooms were fine”

Quality Inn Brookville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brookville
Reviewed 24 March 2013

As we drove up I was not sure I should stay there eventhough I had made reservations. Once in the room it was fine and clean. It had a hot shower and clean bed something we needed since we were just traveling through. The Breakfast in the morning was very good with biscuits and gravy, wafffles, milk juice etc

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank opa1945

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Unsafe for handy-capped folks.
Unsafe bathroom for handy-capped. The hand rail was too far away to reach from commode, it is for the bath. The toilet seat railing was not attached to the floor and moved. Shower not accessible due to IT IS A BATH TUB!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DeeLoew
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I went to our first Groundhog Day and stayed at the Quality Inn for two nights. We got there around 8:30 pm on Friday and had no issues checking in. After checking us in, the lady at the front desk began telling us all about Groundhog Day, what to do, where to go, how the hotel breakfast started extra early, etc. On our way to our room, my husband and I looked at each like - She just assumes we are here for Groundhog Day???? But then, well yea! What other reason would we be there for! It just made us laugh. The exterior of the hotel looked a little rundown, but the room was very nice. They must have done some renovations or just gave the rooms a makeover because we were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom had to been have been redone because it al looked new. All of the doors in the hallway had pictures of a groundhog on them. On the bed in our room were pamphlets listing places to go and things to see while in Punxsutawney. There was a list of all the Groundhog Day events and maps. It was a really cute surprise! The frig was nice to have because we had leftovers from dinner. There was coffee and tea to make as well and the Wifi worked. There was a large flat screen tv. The bathroom was clean, the heater worked, the bed was super comfortable and there was hot water in the shower. What more could you ask for after standing in the cold waiting for Punxsutawney Phil to emerge!?!? We are planning on going to Groundhog Day 2014 and will have no second thoughts about booking at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Acceb
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room was very nice, but the bed was a bit saggy. The room had a nice flat screen tv, microwave and a small refrigerator. The room and bathroom were very clean. We did not try the internet,

Very nice breakfast with turkey sausages, scrambled eggs, pasteries, hot waffels, juice and cereals.

The room cost only $67.69

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonSkier
Reviewed 29 November 2012

As I am a Choice Hotels Rewards member, I typically make reservations directly from their websites. The picture of this place on their site (as it is here, as well) looked nice and welcoming. Unfortunately, it was not so in real life. The exterior was run down and there was trash in the parking lot. The lobby area was nice and clean, but that's where it ended. The interior halls were filthy, the rugs worn and the walls were disgusting. Our room had an odd smell and the baseboards had a thin film of grime. I found it rather amusing that they had a sign in the bathroom about the charges for towels, bed linens, etc.(like I would take anything from that room home with me)! The refrigerator was humming and set to cold, but was warm. I also could not connect to the internet at all (on my phone or laptop). I called tech support (twice) and they suggested I request to be moved to another room. I spoke to the young lady at the front desk and she told me that they were totally booked and there was nowhere to move me (and she suggested that I resolve my internet issue by connecting in the lobby). As this was not a convenient option for me, I asked if I could receive some kind of discount to which I was informed that this "was not their policy". I'm guessing that cleaning was not their policy, either. She offered to add Choice Reward Points to my account for my inconvenience. This being my only option, I accepted.

Not up to the Choice Hotel standards; I certainly saw the irony in their name "Quality Inn". I assure you, there's no quality here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose21461
denise w, General Manager at Quality Inn Brookville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

First I would like to thank you for choosing our Brookville Quality Inn. We do strive to provide a welcoming and comfortable stay for all of our guests. I am however sorry that we did not fulfill your needs and expectations. It is through our guests feedback that we learn how to improve both ourselves as employees and our property. I have spoken with all staff members,
in housekeeping, maintenance and front desk so that we can improve our best practices so that our guests have a more enjoyable stay. We have, within the past year, redone all the vanities in our guest bathrooms and upgraded to flat screen televisions. We are currently making plans to upgrade our outside appearance with the painting of the building and some landscaping. We do hope that you will give our hotel another chance...please contact our property directly and ask for me. I will personally make sure that your next stay here meets or exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Clean room, great pillows comfortable bed and quiet location. However, public areas were dirty and very run down. The hotel looks like it is falling apart and lacks upkeep and maintenance.
If you like clean lobbies, breakfast rooms and carpets, this might not be the hotel for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here 1 night on a last minute trip to the Little League World Series.

We arrived at 12:30am and left at 9:30am so we can't comment on much.

But the bathroom was clean and two sinks was a bonus. The beds were more comfortable than a lot of budget hotels I've stayed in before. The pillows were your typical under stuffed type.

The carpet has seen its better days. We did have a smoking room (which I asked for as I'm a smoker). So it was musty and had lots of burn holes in the carpet. But no holes in the furniture or bedspreads.

We had a room on the first floor and the balcony was huge with a nice view of a wooded area.

There was a nice 42" flat screen tv and a wireless modem in our room.

We were offered a wake up call for breakfast but we declined. When I went back to reception to check out the breakfast room smelled foul so we went down the street to Denny's. There is also a BK and Cracker Barrel nearby.

As we were loading up the car, a room attendant chased me down in the parking lot to return the pajamas I has left hanging on the back of the bathroom door. That was a nice surprise considering she could have easily just thrown them away.

It also tells me they do a good job of checking/cleaning the room as I do a pretty thorough sweep of any room on check out day and even I missed them!

Overall this will do for an overnight stay. There are not a whole lot of options on I-80 in PA and this one was not the cheapest, but got the best rating on trip advisor in my price range.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if needed, though next year if we return we will stay closer to the ballpark since this was 2.5hrs away.

Room Tip: Even if you are a smoker, if you can wait to smoke outside, get a non-smoking room for a cleaner, be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookville
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#8 of 9 in Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#2 of 9 in Clarion

Been to Quality Inn Brookville? Share your experiences!