“A gem in the heart of Bryn Mawr”
Review of Sola byob

Sola byob
Reserve with OpenTable
Sola byob is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penn
Transit: Bryn Mawr R5 stop is about 1/4 mile away from the restaurant.
Description: At Sola, our mission is to be regarded as an outstanding fine dining destination & a valued treasure of the Main Line & greater community. We strive to serve contemporary cuisine in an intimate & pleasing room with the proper level of service (not too much, not too little). We want our guests to enjoy the window of time that they spend with us, savoring their food & wine & enjoying the company of their friends & family. Our intent is to always remain a BYOB, knowing how important that is to many of our guests. Sola will provide a dynamic menu, driven by what is available fresh for the season. The expectation is that everyone will find a number of choices that appeal to their palate. Our wish is that most of our guests will become regulars & will view us a spot they can enthusiastically recommend to their friends & can rely on when hosting visitors.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors and textures from my dinner. I had a seasonal salad that had quinoa and it was spectacular! I also had a short rib as the main course and the meat was so, so tender and flavorful. If anyone has a chance to try this place, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have heard good things about Sola so I was excited when we decided to dine here as a group to experience the chef's table. It was one of the best meals I have had in a long, long time. Each and every course was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The chef came out to describe each course and detail the flavor combinations. We were really impressed and wowed. We discussed the meal in detail over our coffee and every time we tried to decide which plate was our favorite someone highlighted a different one...we just couldn't choose. And, the fact that it's a byob just puts it over the top...no overpriced drinks to pay for, just wonderful food. I would give this local gem 10 stars if I could! You absolutely must try it!
I can't forget to mention the owner, Brian. He was attentive but not smothering. He kept filling our wine glasses and checking to make sure we were pleased. And, I must mention the wait staff too...they were friendly and complemented the meal nicely.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was lucky enough to grab one of the rack of lamb specials. It was amazing. I've been to Sola 4 times this year and each time has been wonderful. The staff is attentive but not on top of you. Can't say enough about this place. Great go to for a BYOB. Looking forward to my next opportunity.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We have driven past this place a million times but never really noticed it. Doing a late morning search on open table for that night for availability, it popped up as a time slot that our friends and us could make. We all had a terrific meal, the dining room was well appointed and we wondered out loud to ourselves about why we never came here sooner. Maybe it was the outside façade of the building which does not look all that inviting. But the inside it was completely difference and warm and inviting and the owner stopped by frequently to see how our meal was going. We definitely will be back !

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My second time at Sola was Saturday night. I went with my parents and sisters. (The first time was also a family gathering though more people - 10 as opposed to 5) The restaurant is small and simply decorated though it has elegance. Good linens and glassware abound and the service is solicitous. Our meal was prefaced by an amuse bouche of white anchovy which was delish. We truly sampled the menu. Three us of got two appetizers and two of us got entrees. The chop and arugula salads, the scallop app, the gnocchi au gratin, seared tuna app (special), the trout and the pork tenderloin all seemed to please everyone. The bread was interesting - doughy with a fleur de sel - served with some very fruity olive oil. We had a warm chocolate gateau and a trio of ice creams with coffees all around. The espresso machine was broken but the American coffee was very good. The bill including 20% tip was $210.