“Musty and Mildew Odor Prevails”

Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Open the door and was knocked over by the musty smell coming out of the room. Could not sleep due to the smell from the the carpet and A/C unit. No frills stay for sure. The staff was very friendly. Looks like a 50's renovation project gone bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chuck2010

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were skeptical about staying at a Quality Inn. But we found that this hotel was the closest to State College. We were dropping my daughter off for her freshman year. Emotions were high and we were dreading checking in for the night. We were all exhausted when we finally did check in. We booked 2 rooms for our overnight stay. It was one of the cleanest most comfortable hotels I have stayed in. I have been on the college tour nightmare for over a year and have stayed in a few hotels. We had a reservation at another hotel for our September visit. After our night at the Quality Inn, we cancelled the September reservation at the other hotel and reserved a room here. Thank you so much for all your hospitality and help Karen. See you in September!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TaraLynnHuff
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is a no frills motel style quality inn in Burnham. Decent sized rooms, comfortable bed. Toiletries provided daily, free internet. It's not super fancy, but a fine place to stay overnight. Nice people working there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

$95 bucks a night and there is no fridge in the room. No free continental breakfast like most quality places have now. Pool has no lights so you have to swim in the dark. Nice lawsuit waiting to happen. This place is in the middle of NOWHERE. WON'T CHOOSE THIS PLACE AGAIN.

1  Thank familyoffour1966
Reviewed 17 August 2010

People who work @ the hotel & restaurant are so friendly, accommodating, helpful & resourceful. They all went out of their way to help us with ideals & things to do in the area.
By far, the friendliest people we have ever met... I would go back anyday!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I checked in on a Sunday evening and while checking in the desk assistant was complaining about all of the State workers that were checking in, like it was a problem that we were staying there. Since the dining facility or the lounge wasn't open on Sundays I didn't bother unpacking yet and went to meet some coworkers else place to eat. After returning to my room to unpack is when I became very disgusted. I will post pictures so that you all can see for yourself. As I opened the door the smell about knocked me out. I wanted to put clothers into the dressers and when I opened the drawers to put my clothes away there was what appeared to be pubic hairs in the drawers, so i could not unpack my suitcase. The furniture in this room looked as if it was made in the 1970's and I was afraid to sit on it. so I did get one of the wash clothes and wipe the seat off of the computer/desk chair and this is were I sat. I then decided that I would try to get some sleep and as I pulled the sheets down seen several spots which looked like blood on the sheets. Just horrible. The tub/shower was mildewy and dirty. The bathroom door had nasty dirt all over it and was broken on the bottom. No A/C for half of my stay. No continential breakfast...who doesn't have that these days. Well they did at one time but apparently they decided not to so they used a black marker to cross it out in there flyer in the rooms. So after paying the regular price of $200.00 per night for this gem of a room you can go to their dining facility and pay another $10.00 for your breakfast. I will just post the pictures and you can decide for yourself. I can only post 10 putures but I have many more. Some of the pictures are difficult to see but I will explain each one. By the way I WILL NEVER STAY IN A QUALITY INN EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank nixamos
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Check in was OK, but the room was horrible. The dead bolt didn't work and it wasn't the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. It looks like they remodeled the lobby and forgot the rooms and then continued to charge way more than they are worth. The pictures on line can't be very current. I thought I would be ok getting the room on line as Quality Inn has a good reputation, however I think the company should take a closer look. This one could ruin a good reputation.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Mifflintown
Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Burnham? Share your experiences!