“Won't stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burnham
Ohio
“Won't stay here again”
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Check in was OK, but the room was horrible. The dead bolt didn't work and it wasn't the cleanest room I've ever stayed in. It looks like they remodeled the lobby and forgot the rooms and then continued to charge way more than they are worth. The pictures on line can't be very current. I thought I would be ok getting the room on line as Quality Inn has a good reputation, however I think the company should take a closer look. This one could ruin a good reputation.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bethlehem, PA
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Stayed here for five days while taking classes at the local fire school. Over all it was not bad. Room was clean. Linens were clean. No complaints at all. Room service came in everyday and cleaned it to look like I never touched a thing! Beds and pillows were really comfortable. It is a little tricky to find but overall that was the worst thing during my experiene here, I ended up going into the Aldi parking lot which is next store and then realized where I was. Price was affordable and I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a cheap and nice place to stay.

There is not much to do in the town, it basically shuts down at 9 P.M. So if your staying for a long period of time bring something to do or else you will be bored out of your mind!

• Liked — Cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Things to do in the area.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 9 April 2008

When I phone to reserve a room, I was put on hold then disconnected. Thinking it was a mistake, I dialed back.
Each time I dialed, the phone was answered, then without saying so much as "Hello Quality Inn" the call was placed on hold then disconnected.

It took 8 PHONE CALLS before "Bill" finally answered the phone. He was courteous, so I let it slide.

Thinking this was a fluke, I checked into the room. About an hour later I tried to reach the front desk. Again, just as before "Bill" would answer the call, then without saying a word, place the call on hold or hang up.

Bill is probably, 75+ years old, and frankly if this is the best he can do, he needs to find some other line of work.

I travel 85% of the time, and I have seen just about everything in 10 years on the road, this is one of the worst customer service train wrecks I have seen recently.

Dated and in need of repair, this Quality Inn is not to the standards of the chain and would better be suited in an economy chain, just a bed, not else.

Stayed April 2008
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I must admit I was a bit concerned driving up at midnight to stay there. It's in the middle of a field, with a run down gas station next to it - a little tricky to find the entrance (the small sign is the clue). It reminded me of the movie Vacancy (but with 2 floors), but luckily it picked up from there. Although the outside by the rooms is worn (yet the main front entrance area is fairly well kept), once inside the room, things were reasonable for a motel. The room was clean, the linens fresh, not too small, a little sitting area next to the bed, a small desk/table, small sink outside the bath area. The bathroom was a bit tight - if I were a few years older, would have been very difficult to turn on the bath water (maneuvering around the toilet) without actually getting in first. The "bath towels" were the size of most hotel hand towels, but reasonably soft. Condiments were provided, as was a small coffee maker & coffee. The bathroom fan was quite noisy, but while showering, not too important.
Options: In this region, there isn't much to pick from. Super 8 across street seemed similar (did not stay there). 10 minutes away is the Best Western in Milroy, which is a hotel rather than a motel. The lobby there was OK looking - did not check the rooms - rest looks well kept. The only other option is State College, which is about 40 minutes away, that has a slew of nicer hotels.
All in all, if I had to stay in Burnham for a night or 2, Quality Inn was OK. For slightly longer or if 10 minutes further OK, would check out the Best Western. If 40 minutes away were OK, would definitely hit civilization in State College.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Outside/Location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 November 2007

My son and I were traveling from Philadelphia to State College area to check out the college for enrollment. This was one of the closest motels that wasn't booked due to game week at the Penn State campus. We were in very late so didn't get a great look around before checking in. We did notice the room smelled like a swamp- not just the carpet, but the night stand as well. The beds, however, did look inviting with what looked like new bedspreads. When morning came we realized we were in a dump. The shower head barely misted, There was a bloody handprint on the room door by the chain lock, and the burn pile was going strong a few feet from our room. Very scary place. My teenage son thought if hell could take the form of a hotel this is what it would look like. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. You would be better off sleeping in your car in a different parking lot.

• Liked — quick checkout
  • Disliked — blloody handprint on door and swamp smell
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
Lancaster
Reviewed 22 May 2007

We were at the Clarion Inn Burnham for three nights. Rooms were very clean and stocked with towels, soaps and other things. The hot water for tea in the lobby was cold every morning even after saying something to the receptionist. Dinner took forever to get to us after ordering. We were not in a big hurry, but were very tired. Breakfast was terrible. It took 15 min just to get coffee and another 45 min. to get our meal. There were only five tables of people in the dinning room. We were on a time schedule and were almost late even with allowing an hour extra of time. The management said thay were busier than expected. Our problem is, if you know how many rooms are booked, expect that many people. Like I said there were people at 5 tables and they couldn't handle them.

• Liked — First floor room and could pull car right up to the door
  • Disliked — Food service was terrible
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank tvolz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy
#1 of 2 in Mifflintown
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#20 of 26 in State College
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Milesburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Burnham? Share your experiences!