“The room was just great and clean. The breakfast was not...”

Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Burnham
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room was large, clean, well prepared and comfortable. Heater was quiet and efficient. TV was adequate, older but good picture quality. Microwave, small fridge and lockable room safe with removable key. Only deficiency was lack of water pressure in the shower. Did not act like a low pressure shower head but rather a problem in the pipes. Weak dribble out of the tub faucet as well. If I was staying more than a single night I would have asked for another room but this would not deter me from staying there again. Quiet, clean, comfortable, reasonable price and good service trumps minor problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jefferey K
BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 in Burnham, Pa. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the water pressure you experienced during your stay. I am so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. It is my hope that you will stay with us again very soon.
Burnham
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Overall a good hotel in a small town that does not have a lot of hotel options.

Room was clean, bathroom had plenty of towels, soap and shampoo.

I wanted a room on the first floor and the front desk lady was very helpful in getting me a room on the first floor.

It would help to have a more visible light on the sign directing you to the hotel as you come off the highway.

ONE NEGATIVE POINT WAS THIS.... The door leaving the first floor going out to the back parking lot was not locked when I arrived (after 8PM) and appeared to be unlocked all night. It seems odd that a hotel would leave a ground level door at the back of the hotel open in the evening.

This needs to be fixed. I am in hotels every week and I have never seena hotel with an unlocked ground entrance in the evening!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 during your visits to Burnham, Pa. We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns about your stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occured during your stay. Our staff locks the doors every night. We do consistant safety checks throughout the hotel and never had an issue. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.
york, pa
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here one night due to a work obligation in the area. The hotel was very dark when I arrived after 9pm and we almost missed the entrance. Check in and out were easy. I had a room on the first floor near the exit. The room was nice for a Super 8 room. They have a paper towel dispenser in the room which I found weird, but it is there to stop people from staining the white bath towels when coffee is spilled, etc. The exit door was not locked at night, but I did feel safe. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room near the side exit and didn't hear much noise....however, the exit door wasn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We do take great pride to deliver a clean and comfortable guest experience. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2014

After attending a week long conference in Philly, I drove to my hometown of Burnham. My 87 year old grandmother wanted to stay in a hotel, so I booked us a room. I called ahead and requested a first floor room, which we were given. The staff was great and my grandmother loved the breakfast and in-room coffee. I work in the hotel industry and can be very picky, but I found this hotel to be a great place to stay for a short trip back to my hometown.. The only thing I found that needs to be improved is the pillows... They were very flat and worn, but I didn't ask for additional pillows. I'm sure they would have been replaced, but we were so busy while I was home, that I didn't think about it until the middle of the night.. Thanks so much for helping me make my grandmother's stay a special getaway with her granddaughter..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent stay. It is so nice to hear your wonderful comments on our cleanliness, friendly staff, and selection of breakfast items. We hope that you had a great special getaway with your grandmother and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#19 of 26 in State College
Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown? Share your experiences!