“Beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms - customer service needs polishing.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Evans City, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms - customer service needs polishing.”
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. The pictures do not do it justice. Whish I would have taken some when I was out there. Beautiful renovations!!! From the lobby to the breakfast area to the hallways to the rooms all beautiful. I had notated on my reservation that I wanted an early check in come to find out that I wouldn't be in early, so out of courtesy I called to let them know, I also asked if possible could someone put some things together for me - ideas & suggestions for things to do & see in the area being as it was going to be my first time in Pennsylvania, the lady informed me that I could just ask the person at check in - ok? Upon arrival the woman who checked us in did not appear to be to thrilled to be there - she informed me of the breakfast hours for the next day only, when asked about the remaining days - she pointed to a sign that had the breakfast times & stated she doesn't know she doesn't work Sundays. Really??? Isn't it her job to know? At no time did she mention the pool location or hours as well as where were the laundry facilities. Good thing I had done my research ahead of time. There are no in room safes & their safety deposit boxes are the size of small pencil cases. Note the hotel will not store large valuable items such as laptops behind the desk, so please keep in mind when visiting should you have large valuables. I ended up taking mine with daily. Overall beautiful hotel, great breakfast selection, just their customer service needs some polishing. It would be nice if they answered their phone as well, I thought at one point they were closed before I came out since it took a long while for someone to answer when attempting to call ahead of time on different days & hours of the day. I would go back again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank cntrr773

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hugo, Mn
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. It is situated on top of the hill so the room was so nice and quiet. It rained last night so we heard that but nothing else. The room was a nice size and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful on how to get to restaurants and attractions. Breakfast had good selections and enough room for eating even thought the hotel was mostly full. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think the room would be good on either side of the hotel as not near the freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Eveything was great about this hotel! Very clean, excellent beds, new amenities, looked liked a fancier hotel chain. Pleasantly surprised. Only gave a "4" on the rooms because you can hear everything in the hallway and the bathroom was so small you needed to step out of it to change your mind! But other than those two, it was a fantastic stay!

• Stayed September 2012
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We were in town for a short stay (1 night) Of all the hotels we called and reviewed on line this one had the most eye appeal and best reviews. We arrived to find the hotel with clean grounds, newly renovated and beautiful. The breakfast area was a little lacking in choices but the overall area was clean and well maintained.
Our room was comfy, clean and fresh. The staff member that attended to us was a very nice guy and helpful with any questions we had. He recommended a really nice restaurant for us to try that was not a food chain. We enjoyed it thorughly.
If in the area again we would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor ~corner near the elevator, was noisy as people exit and entered.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Attractive and convenient hilltop location in my old home town. Our room was spacious & squeaky clean. Though bed was very comfy I would have preferred a standard-sized bed pillow rather than the smaller square-shaped ones.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
We thank you for staying at Comfort Inn & Suites Butler PA. We also noted down your suggestion in our log book for consideration. We are looking forward serving you in near future.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband & I stayed here during the Bantam Jeep Festival. The hotel is very clean and the staff is courteous. Breakfast was delicious every morning. The girl had her work cut out for her as the breakfast area was packed every morning with jeepers! She did a fantastic job. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. We will be staying here on future trips to the festival!

• Stayed August 2012
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Lovely renovations! I've stayed the past several years and the recent renovations are beautiful. The breakfast area is lovely, lobby is nice, pavilion right outside of the pool area is great, and they added a much needed on site laundromat! All great! The rooms are clean, and very nicely furnished. All of this would have added up at a "5" on the rating scale, but the one draw back was the very unfriendly and almost rude staff! What a shame...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Hampton Inn Butler
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#4 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!