“Lazy housekeeping”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Buffalo, NY
“Lazy housekeeping”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I returned to my room in the late afternoon to find my bed unmade. At first I thought that they had forgotten to clean the room, but then I saw a form left on the bed with a box checked that said "Items were on the bed, or around the bed area. The bed was not made." I had left my pajamas on the bedspread at the foot of the bed, therefore they did not make it! I have stayed in many, many hotels, from 5-star to real dumps, but I have never stayed in a hotel that refused to make the bed if you left your pajamas on it! Strange...

I called the front desk to complain, but the receptionist was very apathetic. His response (instead of apologizing) was to say that he didn't know how many things I had left on the bed, even though I had told him exactly what was on the bed. I told him to have the manager call me. He or she never did.

Other than that, the hotel is okay, but nothing special. Okay indoor pool. Terrible soundproofing between rooms. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank d_kester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Stayed one night after a day of shopping and a Pirates' game. Our room was just off the main lobby, but unfortunately, near the ice machine. The room itself was plain, but clean. the bathroom is so small, the sink is actually outside and part of the rest of the room. The beds were ok, though I found the blankets to be a bit uncomfortable, and the bed a bit short. The free breakfast buffet wasn't bad, with a good selection, including fresh waffles, cereal, bagels, danish, yogourt, granola bars, boiled eggs, fruit, juice and coffee. Overall, it's not a bad spot if you need a place to stay for the night. The hotel is located up a hill, just off the highway, so there isn't any outside noise. The area of Butler isn't the best, but the hotel is secluded enough that this doesn't matter. Our night's sleep was ok, but the ice machine did wake me every couple of hours as it cycled through it's ice making process.

The pool was good - kids loved it. The fitness centre was a treadmill, an exercise bike and a TV. Pretty basic, but if that's all you wanted, it would work. You will have to drive to get any food other than breakfast, as there is nothing within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pnieuw
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Stayed here in February. It did snow some during the day. I arrived in the late evening and found the lot to have about 6" of snow in it although the nearby roads were only wet. The desk clerk asked how the roads were and I told her that they were very good until I got to the hotel parking lot. She said she would have to contact the campany that plows for the hotel. When we left the next morning at about 11:00 a.m. the lots were in exactly the same conditon as they had been at check-in. On the way home I checked the lots of the nearby Super 8 and Days Inn as I drove by. Both parking lots had been plowed. Incidently, snow had prviously been plowed into the handicapped parking area and it was completely unavailable because it was covered by a very large pile of snow.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I stayed at this motel with friends who attended the Monster Bash Convention. The room was very nice, and clean. The motel staff was very friendly. I wasn't able to sleep very well since the people in the room next to me got up around 5:00 a.m. every morning and was in the shower for over an hour. I'm a very light sleeper and need the room to be very quiet to sleep well. I will be staying in this motel next year, and hopefully won't have neighbors that will get up early and stay in the shower over an hour!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We selected the Comfort Inn hotel in Butler, PA due to its convenient location and relatively inexpensive room rates. However, as the old saying goes...you get what you pay for.

Our room included a king size bed, cramped bathroom, and a hot tub, which we didn't bother to use. Although we requested a non-smoking room, it didn't really matter because the smoking rooms are not separated by floors, but rather per room, so every room smelled of cigarette smoke, including the hallways. Our room had a strong musky, smoky odor, which we desparately tried to eliminate by spraying Oust and Febreeze. The room decor was a little shabby and worn down. We found a couple of bugs in the bathroom basin one night.

The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast every morning, which appears to be a hit with most guests as there is a long line during breakfast hours. We picked a couple of things up on-the-go one morning (coffee, breakfast bars, and cold cereals), but for the most part didn't bother to be regulars at breakfast time since we already had breakfast/brunch commitments planned. We saw the small pool, jacuzzi, and small exercise area with a stationary bike, but didn't take a dip or plan a workout.

We considered moving to another hotel or staying at a friends place while in town, but decided that our situation wasn't so terrible to warrant it. Instead, we just decided to take the Comfort Inn in Butler off our list as possible places to stay in the future. Again, it was a no frills stay, but there is room for improvement, such as separating the smoking rooms by entire floors rather than rooms (or making the entire hotel a non-smoking facility), and refurbishing the interiors to make them a little more brighter and less dingy. I am sorry to say that I can't recommend this hotel to a friend, but I hope that the Comfort Inn will be able to make some improvements to its establishment in the near future as it is in a great location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HI_Travel_Bug
jamestown, pa
Reviewed 15 January 2009

the only thing i didn't like were the pillows were flat so i had to stack 2 to sleep. other than that i would stay here again. heard other hotels in butler were dirty so i choose this one.

• Liked — clean, tucked away alone up on a hill
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Cornwall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2008

I Stayed 2 nights at the comfort inn in butler on a business trip. it was decent stay. I was given a king suite with a whirlpool upon checkin, but it was right off the elevator and as others stated on here you can hear everything. The whirlpool was a nice touch though it was positioned so you could see the TV from it. Upon entering the bathroom the first time i did pull a spider off the inside of the shower though. The pool was small but functional, and breakfast was again small and limited in choices but i dont eat alot in the morning so it was functional.

Overall it was an average experience, about what i would expect from a comfort inn, nothing too great but it wasnt terribly shoddy and served the purpose.

• Liked — the company paid for it and the whirlpool in the room
  • Disliked — lack of breakfast choices
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Hampton Inn Butler
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#5 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!