“Quirky, cliquish”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Pennsylvania
“Quirky, cliquish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Here for a construction work project (we're on the road 200 nights per year) and unable to get a room in any of the chains, we gave this "resort" a try. The only non-golfers in a golf venue, we nonetheless felt comfortable; it's not swanky by any means. Our room was spacious and very clean; bed was firm and comfortable, linens and bath towels excellent (and plentiful). Bathroom was small with a ceiling heat lamp and an anemic shower (we switched out our own shower head to help get a little more pressure). parking lot lights shone directly into the room but the curtain blocked it well (window opens, always a plus) Breakfast buffet was very good: hot foods, breads, muffins, cereals, good coffee. An especially nice server, Michelle, took excellent care of us and made us feel at home. Above and beyond. The indoor pool and water slide are downright creepy, a pirate theme (skeletons, figures hanging from rigging, one situated with a pile of cannon balls between its legs - ugh!) in a dank and gloomy atrium with a sky light that is well beyond its prime (clouded, dirty). It's nothing I would let our children use now were we inclined to try (covered the whole time anyway).. A very unpleasant space which we had to walk through to our room. No special efforts from desk staff. We asked for a wake-up call our final morning which never happened (we had our cell phones as a back up, fortunately), Clerk seemed more concerned with the mechanics of the failure in their system (joined by one point by a man who might have been the owner?) rather than it being a problem for us. No apology, no eye contact, and no farewell or personal comment as we checked out from either one. We did not have any noise from all the golfers, but the housekeeping staff was unusually disruptive Sunday morning about 6:30, clanging around and talking in their service area right outside our door. It's a strange place. We got the corporate rate for our six-night stay, which was comparable to other hotels in this area, but I would not have been happy paying the other prices.

Room Tip: Hard to say. It's a busy place for groups of sometimes rowdy men, and except for some occasional...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Mary Jane S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My stay at Conley Resort proved to be exactly what I hoped it would be. The staff is so very cheerful and accommodating - I really appreciated their efforts to make my stay comfortable and relaxing. The food service was top notch (so was the food!); the facilities met all of our needs and the view and peacefulness of the location makes it one of our favorite spots! I cannot think of too many places that could be hosting golfers; a large group of people on a retreat; a St. Patrick's party and many happy families swimming and enjoying themselves ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Remarkable. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marian N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Yes it's a dated decour but it was a beautiful old course and the staff was warm & welcoming & for a seasoned traveler I'm always happy to see such clean rooms. I stay in approximately 100 hotels a year this is a solid three star hotel. I will bring my family back.

• Stayed March 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Please do yourself a huge favor and avoid this dump. We spent $500 to spend New Years here and it couldn't have been a bigger disappointment. First off, the teenage life guards think they are running a prison. Constantly yelling at the kids for running thru the waterpark (god forbid), and then took there little rubber ball. Food was awful, and to top it off, no midnight toast or buffet like most places. No free drinks either, 6 bucks a pop for drafts. So all in all spent well over $600 for a lousy time. And the rooms smell musty and are outdated. Do yourself a huge favor and avoid this place at all costs, it is a total rip off.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Jay W
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have been coming to Conley for 9 years now, and can't believe some of the negative reviews that I'm reading below. I make the trip to Conley twice a year, with 2 separate groups (in July and October). Every single time I come, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the golf course is in fantastic shape. With each of the groups I come, this trip is easily one of the highlights of our year, and well worth the money. With that said, I think some of the negative reviews are misled by the word "resort". This is not a typical "luxury" resort, and those that come here should not expect a 5 star experience. Conley is a perfect escape for the middle class golfer looking for a fantastic experience with his/her friends, at a reasonable cost. For those families that are expecting an experience similar to "Great Wolf Lodge", "Kalahari" or "Splash Lagoon", you will be sorely disappointed. That isn't what this place is, nor will it ever be, and it isn't remotely as expensive as those places are. Some of the reviews claim that the resort is "overpriced" but I get to differ. For a golf weekend with unlimited golf, carts, room, and free breakfast, you can't beat the price. Finally, the food in the bar/restaurant is fantastic, and they have a very large and diverse menu. I recommend the "Knickers Wrap", but the "burger dogs" almost have to be tried every time you go. They don't look it on the outside.....but they taste amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SarahPalin2013
Sliner WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I recently visited Butler for a pseudo family reunion.
The staff here were extremely accomidating.
We were told that the pool area would be closed for several hours a day, yet ifI requested the slides to bbe turned on they did it immediately.
We also hosted a birthday surprise breakfast that went off realistically with out a hitch even though we decended on their dining room with 20+ people.
Definately a great trip
Thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Pancho1111991
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had a birthday swim party for my daughter at Conleys. This was scheduled a week in advance, unfortunately there was no discount for groups but we decided to have the party there anyway. The pool was nice, however, the service was terrible!! WE could not get the waitress to stay in the area for very long and she kept disappearing upstairs. After the drinks and pizza was brought in I told her to please bring the cake and ice cream because lets face it a group of 9 year olds want to eat and get back into the pool as quickly as possible. The waitress disappeared, I kept trying to keep everyone busy and out of the pool, I asked the lifeguard 3 times to call to have the waitress bring cake and ice cream in, my husband walked to front desk 2 times to try to get the cake and ice cream but they kept saying wait for the waitress, after the lifeguard could see just how frustrated we were getting she actually felt bad for us and went upstairs to dining area and brought cake and ice cream down herself and she stated she was sorry but there was a big banquet going on and the waitress was busy. WHAT? let me do the math....$21 per person (pool admission & food) x 13 kids = $273 total I paid Conleys for this party. Never again. All of the girls live within a few miles of Conleys and I made sure I told the parents when they came to pick of their daughter just what had happened. Maybe $273 seemed insignificant to them but word of mouth and ripple effect from your actions will cost you more than that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank neveragain882
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butler
Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler
Days Inn Butler Conference Center
WoodSpring Suites Signature Pittsburgh Cranberry
WoodSpring Suites Signature Pitt...
#13 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Conley Resort? Share your experiences!