“Won't Be Back” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Butler
North Huntingdon, PA
“Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My friend and I stayed here 2 years ago and had a decent room at a fair price. It was enough for us to return this Saturday. Well, this experience was entirely different. AAA price same $70 plus tax. Registration with credit cards is done with the old manual slide machines (CC security concern for me). We checked in late at 11:45 PM. Checkout time is 11:00 AM. Asked for a late checkout of 11:30 AM. Was told if you arrive before midnight, they don't allow this. Only after I made a comment to my friend about not returning, they then offered the 30 minute extension which ultimately we didn't need. Upon arrival to our room, we found leftover food in the fridge. We assumed (our first mistake) that housekeeping must have just overlooked this. My friend placed it in the hall and I called the front desk to let them know. Was told it would sit there all night until the maid came in the morning. And it did sit there all night. To the hotel's credit they did offer us another room which we declined (our 2nd mistake) as we had already unpacked. The luggage stand was dirty which paled in comparison to the cleanliness of the bedspreads. My girlfriend stated when she tucked herself in that it spelled like body odor and threw it off of her immediately. Needless to say, I did not use mine. Lastly, the sheets had mascara and eyeliner marks on the sheets. My friend doesn't wear makeup so we knew that the sheets were not changed from prior visitors to the room. The TV, phone and electrical outlets are outdated.

The only positives: the towels were clean and fluffy, I had a hot shower and the bathroom tile was updated. The internet worked fine as well. Since cleanliness is our priority, we won't be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank krisleern

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Butler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very quit. Room was very clean, nice recliner to watch TV. Nice new fluffy towels! Need fitted bottom sheets on the bed, the sheet used was for a double and would not stay tucked in and was all bunched up by morning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kearney, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Have stayed at this motel many times since 1999. Always a little dingy and smells thick with smoke even in the non-smoking rooms. Usually have good beds. No frills on the breakfast. Arriving late the staff is always helpful. Last trip, 8/23/13, the morning staff was very rude and the lobby TV was turned up so loud you couldn't think. I reached up and turned it down and the morning "female" turned it up even louder using the remote from behind the desk. I left a message for the management to contact me, but they never did. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family