“One of my favorite places” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rachel's Roadhouse

Rachel's Roadhouse
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Butler
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Rachel's is one of a small chain of excellent restaurants along route 19 going South towards Mercer. It's a bit remote for me but well worth the drive. The fact that it's very popular is testimony to the excellent food and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013

Pennsylvania
“Good, inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had little choice in this area (nothing else near by and this was adjacent to our hotel) and had one good meal and another one not-so-great. My "Russian Reuben" sandwich was disappointing: bread only lightly toasted, not grilled, beef very tough, horseradish sauce thick and bland. Accompanying house-made chips were fine. Husband's burger was also good. Our second dinner was better. Both servers were very pleasant and attentive. We found the hostess the first night to be aloof, much nicer the second. We're familiar with The Springfield Group of restaurants and have dined at all but one. This one just does not measure up.

Visited April 2014
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was there three times. First time for drinks only. Service was great at the bar. Second time I was there food was ok and service was SLOW.

The last time I was there it was crowded for a Tuesday but there was plenty of staff. We got a table quickly and then we sat and sat and sat. Finally, a server by the name of Jesse asked if we had been waited on. I said no he took our drink order and we waited and waited and waited 30 minutes for it to come. As the bar was in plain view I could see the bartender waiting on her bar people but not really anything coming out for the tables. I saw at least two managers walking around and not one stopped to ask if we were ok. The apologetic server brought our drinks and I ordered my stuffed mushrooms and another drink just in case it took a long time again. The mushroom came out and they were terrible. Not much crab and lots of bread. My other drink arrived ten minutes later and I was not impressed by the whole experience. I am a foodie and was a restaurant worker for many years and this place really needs to improve to get me back again. I will drive to Pittsburgh before I go back there.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sas16001
“Everything is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have never had a bad meal here. The wait staff is very friendly. Depending on the day and time, there may be a wait but it is that way at every good restaurant. Do wish they took reservations. Love the salads!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Very good experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stopped here for lunch after doing some car shopping in Butler. Unlike some of the previous reviews, our wait staff and hostess were very friendly. The wait was average- not longer or shorter than I would have expected. The food was good and the burgers are HUGE!!! Yes, they're pricey, but my husband and I could have split one of them. The portion of fries is also enough for two people. The kids all liked their meals (pizza, salad and mac & cheese) and overall it was what we expect when we go out to eat. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but if I'm in the area, I wouldn't hesitate to stop back if I was hungry.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Rachel's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!