“Service was fine, but the beer wasn't. ”
Review of Appalachian Brewing Company - CLOSED

Appalachian Brewing Company
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews, I wanted to try this place, so I expected my service to be awful. I guess I got lucky because the service wasn't awful. But the beer was. I asked for the darkest amber lager, whatever it was looked like coors light, so the waitress swaped it for a jolly something, honestly I tried three beers, no flavor. Maybe it was just bad batches but for 5 dollars a beer I'll pass.
The food, it was ok. Worth the price? No way. This place is just OK, I don't think I'd come back.

1  Thank XAbbeyX

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I started frequenting ABC Camp Hill six years ago, and I have never once regretted the decision. The staff have always been friendly, they remember you, even if you've only been in a few times, and they are quick with refills and to check that everything is ok.

As a microbrewery, the place is known for its beer, and rightfully so. Their "flagship" (read: year round) selections are varied, tasty, and well crafted. Their seasonal brews and their specialty small-batch beers, however, are where Arty and the other brewers really shine. They have a new beer-of-the-month each month, with a few other trials and small-batch or cask-conditioned brews intermittently. The brewers honor traditional brewing techniques while also embracing new ideas such as single-hop IPAs, imperial series, and other such limited runs. They also offer location-specific mug clubs, which offer a number of great benefits.

The food is good, and the menu changes often enough to be fresh and new, but keeps some staples that always delight. They like to offer hearty dishes that pair well with beer, and provide beer pairing ideas for many of their entrees. The menu still offers plenty of lighter options for those not looking to tuck into a mile-high meatloaf or sausage and pierogies. The salads are crisp, have quality ingredients, and are served with house-made dressings, which are superb.

2  Thank Brad G
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stopped here for dinner and should have known something by the amount of customers in the place, they were certainly not busy. This has to be the slowest place I have ever been. there were like 5 customers in the place yet it took over an hour to get our food and it was wrong. We didn't send it back because we didn't have the whole night to spend there. The food was only ok and the service was terrible. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The beer we tried were fantastic. If you prefer an IPA then you are in luck! We had appetizers and drinks and were pretty full. The wait staff was entertaining and informative. You may spend a little more for the beer but it is worth it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stopped in for a quick bite and a beer. First of all, the food took forever to arrive. The chowder was ok. The next course was wrong. I said I would taste it. I did not know you could create food that has no taste-nada-nichts. I told the server I did not want this wrong food. Then the correct order arrived. They must have decided to teach me a lesson in the kitchen-an extremely over cooked piece of meat? and tasteless potatoes. The food has never been steller at this place but this was a new low!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THE OCTOBERFEST MENU. YOU WILL GET BETTER FOOD IN NORTH KOREA.