“A good family experience ”

Theo's Bar & Grille
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“A good family experience ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I dined here with relatives. The 4 adults in our party all enjoyed the experience. Our server "Jo" was excellent and gave us good recommendations. The salads were very good, particularly the Greek Salad. The entrees were all well prepared. The seafood dishes were the highlight. The atmosphere is quite nice and shows a lot of pride and care.

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Mature Clientele”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Theo's seems to be popular with the same people who have been coming since they were children, and are now bringing their own children. The bar is populated by middle-aged people -- couples and singles.

I ordered the blackened Delmonico steak with sautéed jumbo lump crab meat, medium rare (which I described to the server as a "warm red center between rare and medium rare") without the blackening seasonings. The helpful server carefully noted that. When the steak came, it was brown throughout and tasted like liver. Perhaps the basic problem was that the Delmonico was less than 1/2 inch thick, making it hard to cook medium rare. I rarely send a meal back, but this time I had no choice. The server was most gracious and agreed that the steak was not medium rare and took it back. Without much delay, another steak was brought to me that was, indeed, medium rare (still less than 1/2 inch thick). With that said, I still have to disagree with the description of the crab meat as "jumbo lump." It was nice crab, but hardly "jumbo."

• Visited October 2013
Pennsylvania
“Nice Business Lunch Venue”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Nice choice for a business lunch with an extensive menu, good service and nicely prepared food. Booths are large and the atmosphere is comfortable. Food was really good and the French Onion soup was outstanding. Will visit here again.

Visited July 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Gathering Place”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Went to Theo's on recommendation of a number of people. I was not impressed with dinner, but did like the starters. We had calamari and fried mozzarella for starters. A number of us had lobster with crab meat, which was probably OK if one was not used to fresh lobster and crab. The lobster ravioli received very good reviews. Walnut salmon was OK. Vegetables were not good at all. They had a spicy sauce that just did not work and the veggies were overdone. Service was cheerful and very good. Atmosphere was great. Overall, I probably would not do fish here again. I might try a chicken dish.

Visited July 2013
Camp Hill, PA
“A great restaurant for mature couples”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Theos is a great restaurant where a couple can sitdown for a quiet, good, enjoyable meal.
The temperature was great. The ambience was great. I tried a new wine called little black dress, it was very very good.
Since it was crab fest week I had an item off of the crab fest menu. Stuffed flounder With baked potato, salad, and rolls. They were all delicious. The only negative that I have for this restaurant is the pieces of flounder were pretty small. The cost of the meal was $16.95 though.
I didn't need a doggy bag, and I wasn't stuffed when I left. It was a pleasant experience And we will return many times in the future.

Oh, I forgot the service. How could I do that? The staff was very friendly, and attentive to every need. They are definitely a strong point for this restaurant as it is everything else

• Visited June 2013