Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
TripAdvisor
US$45
US$101
Very Good 4/5
Motel 6 Harrisburg(New Cumberland)
Average 3/5
  • Pool
All reviewsthe sleep number bedconvention centerrenovated rooman older hotelrestaurant staffcookiesharrisburgconferenceballroombanquetpennsoapcarlisle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Overall the hotel was good. The hotel was nicely updated and very clean. The beds were sleep number, which didn't really work very well. The pillows left much to be desired. The hotel lounge was very nice and super comfortable after our long day of travel. The food was pretty good, we were happy to not get back in the car and find a restaurant.

Room Tip: If you are a pillow person, bring your own or ask for more pillows. The pillows are small and only one per person.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 21 December 2012

After several years of not having a holiday party, our company was able to gather this year to celebrate the holidays and our 20th year anniversary. By random I reached out to Diane in Radisson's sales and she joined with Vickie in making our party a huge success. We made changes right up to the last minute and Vickie didn't flinch! Everything was seemless. Their ballroom is magnificient, the food was great and the staff took great care of us. Sean, in charge of the staff, in particular catered to our every need. We definitely recommend this venue for any event you may be holding. Kudos to them!

Katie Eberly
eciGroup

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank K E
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I got this hotel for a one night stay through Priceline at $60 - what a steal! Small room, but there was enough room for me. The window opened so I could get fresh air into the room, but still have locks to be safe. The bathroom was small, but ok for just me. They offered coffee AND tea in room - which was nice since I don't drink coffee.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank suemidd
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got it at an incredible price so based on that this was a very good deal. It is an older, large, more formal type of hotel with all rooms on 2 floors without elevators. The facilities are very nice and well cared for and the rooms are also nice and comfortable. One of the things i really appreciated was that the beds had and hard/soft adjustable automatic device so i could adjust the firmness of the mattress to my liking. The rooms were not furnished with fridge or microwave and the washroom was a little on the small side without any place to hang your bathrobe. I stayed for 5 nights and it was quiet for the most part however the last night a teacm of young people arrived by bus and it got quite noisy for a bit but the hotel management was able to enforce their 'no noise after 11pm' policy and I slept fine. There is a buffet breakfast every morning at a cost of $10 if you book through a third party as i did but it's included if you book through Radisson and I found it to be very good. I used the exercise room and again it had considerably more choices than many others I've stayed in with modern equipment in good working order.I think the best thing was the friendliness of the people who served me in this hotel, they were always pleasant and willing to help.
This hotel was only 3-5 minutes from all amenities in the west Harrisburg area. Turning left out of the parking lot and keeping to the right at the first merge signal will lead you in two minutes to Starbucks, Giant, Chipotle and a shopping Mall. I would highly recommend Giant for anything you forgot at home and a nice lunch or take-out with a wide variety of choices. There is a MacDonalds, Taco Bell and Subway directly across the street from the hotel and it is exactly 15 minutes from the Harrisburg airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank John F
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job hosting our families for the Hershey Thanksgiving ice hockey tournament. The facility was great and the location was ideal for getting to and from the three rinks used for hockey tournament. The banquet Vickie set up was exactly what we needed and the food was delicious. The room you set aside for the players with the Wii games was far and above anything we have had at other properties, the kids loved it. Everyone on the staff we encountered was warm and friendly and went out of their way to provide directions and ideas for sight seeing between games. Our group coming for the Christmas tournament is already looking forward to their stay at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg.
New Jersey Icedogs Hockey Club