“No elevator... Huge hotel... Far away parking”

Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camp Hill
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“No elevator... Huge hotel... Far away parking”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Sometimes things look worst when you're tired...

When you arrived around midnight and you and the front desk manager are both very exhausted things could only go wrong!!!

I have a lot of luggage and I always need a fridge for medical reason...

I got a room on 3rd floor, no elevator, had to park at the very back (a long way believe me) and bring all my heavy luggage to the front (no back entrance!) and I noticed all the available empty rooms in the back with direct access to the car... So why a room so far away on 3rd floor with no elevators???

A clerk help me with my luggage while I check in but bring my luggage in the wrong room !!!

No free breakfast, ok Internet, nice tv...

Room was very nice and bed very comfortable... And thank you for the fridge!!! (Usually $15 extra)

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful upon my arrival. During this stay they asked if I wanted to join their frequent stay program and I agreed. Unlike before, I was placed in the business section of the hotel, which had upgraded rooms and amenities. This room was much better than my previous room, which had not been renovated. This is a little older of a hotel, but it is charming and you cannot beat its proximity to the downtown capitol area or the price!

Room Tip: Ask for the business section of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here for a wedding on the grounds so it was all very convenient. Check in staff were very helpful and friendly. I believe we got a newly renovated room which was good sized with a king bed that was comfy and great pillows. Very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2013

There is not enough room to write about how horrible the room was. The entire first floor has a dank, mildew smell that they simply cannot mask enough. Spraying deodorizer made it only smell like deodorizer sprayed over mildew. Thanks for that. I am not kidding that I almost decided to sleep in the car instead. My wife and kids have allergies and we really had a tough time staying here. I honestly have never stayed in a room that smelled worse than this anywhere.

Although the staff really did try to do something about moving me, the place was full and I just had no options. I was stuck. I spent a good deal of money in the restaurant, which is average food quality at best, and you would think they would have at least offered to buy me a drink or something for the trouble. But nothing. In the end they did absolutely NOTHING for me, on one of the worst hotel room experiences I have ever had. I will never stay here again, and quite possibly any other Radisson if this is their corporate culture when handling poor experiences.

As additional information, I did hear that some people on other floors had better luck than I did with their rooms and possibly some of them have been renovated. But, this is a known problem at this hotel, as evidence by the ionizer I found plugged in under one of the beds. They must turn it on whenever anyone isn't in the room and just leave it there. Why bother moving it in and out since they know they will have to keep battling the mildew in it. This place sucks, and the lack of doing anything at all was just mind-blowing. At least try. Humor me. Although, I don't suppose you could give me 3 days of my life back, could you, you crappy hotel. Stay anywhere else but this dump. They really should close off those rooms until they get this problem under control. But, I'm sure the owner won't turn away the money. Well, you turned away a guest for good. Smart move!

Lastly, I filled out the survey they send to your email after departure and noted these issues in detail. Much more than here. Would you believe they didn't even reply. Nothing. Normally I wouldn't go back online 2 months later and write a review, but it just dawned on me these SOBs couldn't even care enough to respond to a detailed survey I spent my time filling out to try and help them. They really could care less about their guests, which means they don't care about you. It shows on every level. Do not spend your hard-earned money on a place like this. Sleep in your car instead if you have to.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor to the right when approaching the front desk. At least until they gut...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Serendipidee
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we fell short of providing you with an experience that exceeds your expectations. I aplogize that we were unable to move you to another room so you could enjoy your stay with us. As you may have realized we are currently undergoing room renovations through-out the hotel to better meet the needs of our guests. I hope that should you visit the area again you would give us an opportunity to prove the real hospitality expereience we provide here at the Radisson Harrisburg and enjoy your the night in our newly renovated rooms.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel has a strange layout and the standard rooms are very small! The beds are really comfortable (sleep number)! What the hotel lacks the staff more than makes up for! Dave Henry went out of his way, above and beyond his duties to see that our coffee cups were never empty and waited on our party of eight as though it was a full service restaurant instead of the breakfast buffet. One fine person! When it comes to bartending Ron is one of a kind! The good kind! he went out of his way and remembered us and what we drank every time we stopped in. Very friendly and outgoing! If you owned a bar you would want him there!

Room Tip: make sure your room has been remodeled!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel is nothing special but just an average hotel room for one night while visiting family in the area. No elevator so askmfor first flor if you don't want to haul bags upstairs. Convenient location with a restaurant in site

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 September 2013

After reading several reviews - I was expecting a very disappointing stay! But the room and service was very good - now we did stay in a newly renovated room - which worked out great - there are restaurants close enough to walk to - and we didn't eat at the Hotel Restaurant for no particular reason - so I can't judge it. But if we were to go back to this area we would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
#30 of 50 in Harrisburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West

Been to Radisson Hotel Harrisburg? Share your experiences!