“Motel Experience”

Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camp Hill
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

It's a peaceful stay although we just stayed there for an overnight sleep through before our journey to Boston. Cramped bathroom & it's exhaust fan is a bit too noisy for hotel use. Overall basic necessities in good working condition. Has a dual access through the car park. Very polite front desk staffs

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yap W
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our team.We appreciate the opportunity to have served you and will address your concern with the noise level of the bathroom fan. We hope that on your next trip to Boston you will once again give us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been hosting my talent competition at the Radisson Penn Harris for over 15 years. Because the same familiar faces greet me year after year, I know the management of the hotel is doing a wonderful job. Staff like Tim<, Neil, Rajnee, and Monique are the best in the business.Having been a lead concierge for one of Disney's flagship resorts, I know the hotel business from both a guest and an employee. The Radisson Penn Harris is by far my choice out of the 40+ hotels I have done business with across the eastern part of the country. They are attentive to my needs, go to bat for me, and always go out of their way to please me. They value my business and I value their attention to details.

1  Thank phyllisc60

It is truly our pleasure to again host your event, we value the longstanding relationship we experience. Our entire team is extremely pleased that we were able to make it a success for you. We are grateful for your wonderful review and we look forward to hosting your Talent Competetion again next year. As you state, we truly do value your business.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I traveled to this hotel for a large group gathering. From the outside, this hotel is absolutely stunning. The walls are stone, there is green grass with beautiful trees in the back, and the staff is amazing. As part of the dog show group, the staff was incredibly accommodating and treated us very well, especially since we were part of a huge group with very loud dogs.
However, our room itself was not great. There was a crack in the ceiling, our shower had really bad water pressure, and we had a small issue with ants in our room. The beds were also small, and not the Sleep Number beds as we had expected.
The restaurant in the hotel has great food- we had breakfast there two days in a row. There were waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, and really just a great selection of food for a decent price. For a change, there is also a Perkins that is a two minute walk from the hotel.
The Radisson does have an amazing convention center with a beautiful grand ballroom. It fit the dog show ring very nicely, and had plenty of seating around the ring, plus room for vendors and a separate room for grooming the dogs.
The hotel was very convenient for us, so that was greatly appreciated. It's right off the highway, and made it easy for us to travel around.
So, it's a decent hotel with a few issues that need to be worked out. I'm happy that we stayed here instead of at any of the other hotels we could have stayed at in the area. I'm sure when the work is complete at this hotel, it would be a delightful place to stay for any occasion!

Room Tip: I would suggest staying in a room just outside the lobby, so that you can access all the facilities...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coadifer

Thank you for your feedback. While we are pleased that your experience in our restaurant and meeting areas were overall positive, it is concerning that your guestroom did not meet your expectations. We certainly desire the entire experience of our guests to be a positive one, and we will use your comments to identify and rectify the guestroom concerns you experienced. Thank you for your comments and we hope to once again be able to serve you.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at the Raddison Hotel Harrisburg - Camp Hill PA. The hotel has been recently renovated and is clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. Myself and my colleague were there to check out the hotel for a future conference. Our meeting with sales staff was in the morning. We took the opportunity the previous evening to walk around the hotel to get a "real feel" for the site rather than a tour from sales staff. Our tour included the excellent and spacious conference center. I have to tell you the hotel exceeded our expectations. In the morning we were happy to meet with the sales staff and let them know our independent assessment. They were pleased. We are not sure if we will be able to use this property, however, if you are considering it for a conference of about 200-300 people, I would recommend this venue. I should also mention it is a very very short drive to downtown Harrisburg and parking is free. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from the airport and within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (Including downtown Harrisburg) I have evaluated a lot of hotels in my conference planning years and I tell you this is one fine property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Josephjmarchese

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson Harrisburg thank you for your extremely kind comments. We are all extremely pleased that your experience here was everything you were hoping for. We would love to be able to host your group and provide all of your attendees with an positive, successful and comfortable conference. Thank you for your positive comments and we hope to once again have the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for a dog show which was held in the hotel ballroom as well as having functions in some of the other public rooms. The public rooms were great! Check-in for my guest room, however, was very slow. The carpet was buckled in the guest room and the beds were small--probably 2 double beds rather than queens. The bathroom was very crowded. The toilet handle had to be held down or pushed twice to work. The fan was very noisy and it had to be on in order to get electricity for any plug-in devices in the bathroom. Written rules for bringing dogs were very strict.
That being said, the hotel seemed to be very accommodating to those of us with dogs. Changeover from dog show to banquet seemed to go quickly and efficiently. I understand some of the rooms have been remodelled and I heard other guests say they enjoyed their sleep number beds, but my room did not have one.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your honest feedback I am sorry that your experience in your guestroom was not a positive as the rest of the hotel. We have reviewed your comments and will address the concerns in the guestroom. We strive to make the entire visit for our guests a positive one. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've traveled to Harrisburg frequently and have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. The reasons are that the staff is friendly but not intrusive. The fast food, Perkin's, and the hotel restaurant are convenient. Access and egress to the Capitol is great. I've gotten great rack rates as well at the last minute. Can't wait until all of the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms
2  Thank DLTobin
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed two nights on business in one of their renovated rooms. The room was absolutely wonderful... very clean, well-decorated, and the beds were extremely comfortable. (They were sleep number beds.) The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good, and my room service was prompt and delicious and reasonably-priced. They even offer complimentary coffee, bottled water, and snack bars in the lobby. All of the staff were very friendly, professional, and helpful with everything I needed. They offer many services such as shuttle and laundry. And the location of the hotel is great.. just across the bridge from Harrisburg's Capitol Complex and downtown attractions. I WILL DEFINITELY stay there when I return to Harrisburg!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Hill
Hilton Harrisburg
Hilton Harrisburg
#7 of 51 in Harrisburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West

Been to Radisson Hotel Harrisburg? Share your experiences!