“Disgusting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canadensis
Martinville Streamside Cottages
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at the river side cottage and it was horrifying. I had the chance to look at other cottages on site but all did not fit my standards. The cottages smelt of dirty and still air, the water from the faucets smelt nasty. Your hands smelt like dirty rust been after washing your hands. The bathrooms and decor was nasty. Long story short, I stayed one night and I used my sandals the whole time and did not shower and I was so afraid when I slept in there bed. I needed to have a few drinks in order to stay at the cottage. I definitely down graded staying there. The place would be good if they rebuilt brand new cottages.

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Mstango2388

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to say we love Martinville Streamside cottages. Very clean, quiet, people around friendly. My family told me that this place will be our favorite place to go for summer vacation. I cant wait to back next year with my family and my new baby. The only bad things I can say is not WIFI and the water smell a little bit but other then that great place. We stayed at Love Shack Cottage.
Olivia C

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed in the newest tree top room. Here is what we liked: very convenient location to skytop lodge, nice stream sound outside, response to the issues we had, pool was clean.
What we didn't like: stove gas leak, poor maintenance of building, appliances and interior decorating, air conditioner was in one of the bedrooms only - had to sleep with the doors open to avoid melting, water smelled, not much public area to use, beds rolled to the middle.
Maybe the separate cabins are better.....we considered it luxury camping, and at 250/day, a poor value.

Room Tip: NA - I don't recommend tree top in the middle of summer
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Mike D

Travellers are raving about these Canadensis hotels

reading, pa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

July 4th weekend- stayed here for a wedding at Skytop. Decided to stay here due to pool and didn't want to pay for enclusive price a Skytop. I think this was still a little overpriced. Place was clean. Very basic- but bed was comfortable and AC worked. WiFI did not work, not coffee cups in room. Pool was small but nice. There are several cottages around the stream. We stayed in 1 bedroom on second floor of main house called the Blue Heron room.
Did i mention there is a For Sale sign out front?

Room Tip: Friends staying in the cottages along the creek had mixed reviews.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kateReading_Pa
Scranton
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My family and i recently stayed at Martinville Streamside Cottages on July 31, 2012. We stayed in the Brook cottage which is a three bedroom with loft cabin. It was nicely air conditioned when you walk in. Everything was very clean, bathrooms smelled like citrus and were cleaned well. (thats always a plus) also the beds and towels were very fresh and good smelling. I travel around to different hotels a lot and i always inspect everything very closely. My family and i had a great time, right when you walk out the freshwater lake is right there where you can apparently swim and use the red canoe. Now i wasn't going to swim in it but other girls were. My kids had a blast around the whole woodsy property, exploring all the woods and different things. Molly and i believe Roland her husband were two wonderful people helping you with whatever you need. We definitley need more people in the world like Molly and Roland. I loved how nice everybody was which made me feel very comfortable. They have excellent chambermaid service which was definitley a bonus having our cottage freshened up. The Brook Cottage was a great choice to stay and i guarantee i will be coming back very soon to stay in a different cabin to see if it was as nice as Brook. I give Martinville Streamside Cottages five of my stars.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the Brook cottage, so i would recommend that.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tommy606
New york
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at Martinsville Streamside Cottages, and the best thing to me was the sound if the stream... When i had called to book this room i had spoke to a women who said was going to be there when i arrived, To start off the water stunked terribly, there was dirty pots under sink, refridgerator was disgusting, the toilet bowl had brown stains on the bottem of it, and the pool was filty. Im sure it was just a bad week but i deffinetly would not be returning. I was going to give this place another chance figured they would accomkdate me somehow in the future but wen i called to complain the women was very deffensive and didnt wanna to anything for me, i spoke my mind and she rudely hung up on me. This is no way to conduct buisness if u want customers to return again. I will give my heart and money to other places, not this one because its not worth snother chance or the money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Mary A
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My boyfriend and I just left martinville yesterday. I have to say I never went on vacation and felt like I was family to strangers before. Molly invited us on our first night to a family graduation party. I must say they were all friendly and made us feel very welcome. We both loved our cottage ( the Love Shack). It may not have been as secluded as we expected but it was still perfect for us. Nobody bothers you and the sound of the stream was sooo relaxing. We definitely are going to go back and will stay in the same cottage. Yes the water has a sulfur Odor to it but it isn't that bad. Your in a cottage in the mountains that should be expected. Thank you Molly for making our first vacation together amazing. We will be back and highly recommend martinville streamside cottages!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Queenpocono
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canadensis
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Martinville Streamside Cottages? Share your experiences!