“Terrible! Especially for families with children”
Review of Los Chiludos

Los Chiludos
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Canonsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Southpointe Business Park
Description: Southpointe Business Park
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I think this dining experience will go down as one of the worse I have had in many years. My son simply asked for an ingredient to be placed on the side, he was met with an attitude that even an adult would consider rude. Be abrupt, rude and inflexible with me, not my young son. The owner, when I told her of my experience asked that I leave and not return - claiming she didn't know what to do to correct the situation. I didn't want my money back, I wanted a better experience for my family. AVOID, if you have children - they aren't nice people

1  Thank Shaun W
There are newer reviews for Los Chiludos

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stopped by for some Fajitas and found the chicken to be flavorful, but, alas, the presentation was lacking.
Am used to the Fajitas arriving on a sizzling metal dish with plenty of onions. In this case, the chicken was served on a plastic plate, and onions were severely lacking. Had requested no bell peppers ( a bit heavy for us old timers), but found some anyway, presumably the onion/bell pepper garnish is pre-mixed ? Chicken was more of a pan fried affair, rather than grilled, but as previously mentioned, it did taste good.
All in all, didn't find the restaurant a place that I would go out of my way for but not bad if you simply want some reasonably priced food.
Other reviews mention that there are no free chips and salsa, correct on that point, somewhat disappointing. A free serving (often refillable) of chips and salsa is de rigueur in most of the 'Mexican' restaurants I've visited. A free small serving would go a long way to increase customer satisfaction.at Los Chiludos.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've seen reviews on TripAdvisor about this restaurant where they state that this food is not "authentic" Mexican or even Tex-Mex. Clearly, those people who write that have no idea about the wide variety of cuisine that is in Mexico.

Though the menu items that are here are designed more for American tastes, sauces and salsas (yes, I know that's the same word) are homemade and reflect a unique approach to Mexican flavors. I much prefer this to the fast-food type fare you get at so many Mexican restaurants. The person who wrote that they need to have a Mexican American somewhere in the business have obviously not observed who is cooking in the kitchen. Prices were very reasonable (been to Taco Bell recently?) and though they do charge for chips and salsa, they are not simply pouring salsa out of a jar, it's homemade there.

I had to laugh out loud at the review that said you can judge a Mexican restaurant by the chips/salsa and the margaritas. At best the margarita is a 20th century invention, possibly in Mexico, but much more highly consumed in the US than in Mexico. That's like people saying that they didn't like the fortune cookies they got in a Chinese restaurant here, not knowing that fortune cookies were invented in California.

So, yes, if you want good Mexican food, go to Los Chiludos. I am. Tonight.

2  Thank Musician47
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Well, I am from Texas but not a fan of Tex-Mex. Not sure what to call this food but is not real Mexican food of any kind. Pretty sure that it would help to have a Mexican American somewhere in the business, especially in charge of the menu. No resemblance of true Mexican food; agree that is is fast food with high prices.
We can usually judge a Mexican restaurant by the chips/salsa and the margaritas; both were horrible and the chips/salsa came with a high price.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Food was overpriced ,charge for chips and salsa way too much salt yukk. 7.75 for chips and salsa. Never heard of green chili. We come from Co. Mexican food it is not. Qdoba with twice the price. Don't go!