“Enroute to Florida”
Review of Sleep Inn Carlisle

Sleep Inn Carlisle
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a great hotel right off Interstate 81. The rooms are clean and in excellent condition. The staff were very friendly and personable. Nice hot breakfast. Reasonably priced for a great nights sleep. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room and didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I know how staff works very hard to provide great service. I am glad you found our breakfast so wonderful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Horrible weather up north (Vermont) and a somewhat harrowing drive south. We try to stay at Inns in the Choice Hotel chain, and found this one on the internet. An excellent choice, close to restaurants, place to walk the dog (pet friendly is an absolute must), and very nice people. Couldn't ask for much more. Room was clean and very nice; would certainly stop there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are located close to two great restaurants. I'm glad you found our employees to be so nice. Our housekeepers work very hard and it show. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel, Simple, clean and really nice staff. I was not sure what to expect from a sleep Inn I do not stay at Sleep Inns very often but this one was great! I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I like a room with a king bad and this was a really nice king mattress....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the staff know that they contributed to your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

stayed there several night during Carlisle Bikefest and complained about soiled bed sheets, that were not changed from last guest, worm type bugs is bathroom, cold eggs and gravy, MOLDY fruit in bowl. After getting run around from CHOICE, the mgr contacted me and offered a free weekend. No way would I stay there again so she offered a credit on my credit card. Well its been 3 months now and no credit. I should have expected as much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For its price, this hotel has clean rooms, good service, good breakfast, fast internet and good location right off the highway. I have stayed here five times now and it is reliable. The proximity to the highway makes it a little loud if you are on the highway side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our convenient hotel. Our houskeeping department works very hard and i'm glad you noticed. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I showed up at 3am, no reservation! I am a non smoker, though I will not subscribe to the "Smoke Free Hysteria" and i do avoid non smoking hotels and resorts when no comfortable provisions for smokers are made.
There was no evidence of smokers/smoking other than rooms dedicated to nonsmokers, across the halls from smokers rooms! No smell, stench or otherwise!
The check in was quick and friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, though beginning to show signs of wear! Parking is adequate and is close enough to I-81.
Breakfast was included, and offered a variety of choices. All in all it was as I expected! Nothing special yet a good place for a nights rest!
I felt the price and the property was a mismatch, the room rate was in my opinion was 20-25% higher than justifiable, though I was not in a negotiating mood when I arrived, Sleep Inn in Carlisle is a solid stop in your travels!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn Carlisle! So glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast. I am also pleased to hear our front desk got you checked in quickly. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We really like the hotel and the location. The breakfast is good as is the rooms but this year our room was suppose to be non smoking but it reeked of smoke so bad we had to go to walmart and buy Febreeze to get rid of the stench. Another problem is there is about 15 members of our car club that stay here every year and when we compare room rates for next year some are getting as low as $140. per night and others as high as $179. Another gets $154. per night while someone else gets $164. We would all like to continue staying at this hotel but as the frustration mounts some are checking out other options. Why is everyone not getting the same rate? By the
way we were there for the corvette show.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
staciamiele, Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay. I am glad you do enjoy our hotel and breakfast. I would suggest one person from your group contact our sales office and set up a group block so that the price would be the same for your whole group. Thanks for staying with us.