“Great wedding venue and overall stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Currently my husband and I have stayed 3 separate stays with this hotel and have loved each one. First, i'll start off with overnight stays. The staff are so friendly and welcoming that you actually feel like a guest, not an inconvenience (as some hotels do). The rooms are a great size and very comfortable. Having the option to walk to a local restaurant, or order room service is great also. Very clean, nice place to stay.

The hotel also has a lovely banquet hall. My husband and I got married at this location and also had our reception. The event coordinator did a great job of walking us through all the decisions needed to make our day work. We also had many family coming from out of town and the hotel gave our guests a discounted rate to stay with them. The food at our wedding was delicious and our guests had a great time.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

On behalf of the staff of Comfort Suites, Carlisle, PA; I want to Thank You for your feedback. Our goal is to provide comfort and a great home away from home experience. Your feedback will be shared with the staff. It is rewarding to know you had a great wedding at our facility. We hope to serve any future lodging needs you may have.

Thank you choosing the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We needed a room for 3 adults and 2 children and we got two queen beds and one sofa bed in our room. It was just enough for us. The room had all amenities that we wanted like microwave, fridge and free wireless internet. The hotel was in a very convenient location with parking provided in the back, Although in downtown, it was quiet even during memorial day parade. We got to watch the parade from the hotel porch. The breakfast was ample was more than average with waffles, bagels, breads, cereal and some breakfast meats. The staff were friendly and kind (esp the breakfast room lady). The bed was not that comfortable though, very soft and the pillows could be bigger.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

We are glad you could experience the Downtown Memorial Day parade from our porch. Located in downtown Carlisle there are various shops, restaurants, and Downtown events that occur through-out the summer. I will pass on the information to the breakfast attendant who worked that morning. Thank you for your kind words of praise. We sincerely strive to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Comfort Suites is the only hotel in downtown Carlisle. The location is ideal if you are visiting Dickinson and do not want to drive. It is also ideal if you want to frequent the local watering holes.
Because they have a monopoly on the downtown area, I feel they don’t put too much effort into the upkeep of their establishment. For starters, the shower was falling apart with cracks in the plastic walls. Second, the water itself had a sulfur-esque smell, not sure if that is within their control, but worth mentioning. The rooms are somewhat clean but have a musty smell to them, which I think is because they turn the AC off when rooms are unoccupied.

All in all it is an average hotel, nothing terrible but nothing great. I wish there was a Hilton Garden Inn or a Fairfield Inn nearby; that would put this place out of business in no time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I apologize your stay was not a pleasant experience. We take comments seriously and the issues you've raised have been addressed. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are located in downtown Carlisle area and in walking distance to Dickinson College. I can understand why you wanted to stay with us. I want to sincerely apologize for the experience, and hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had to stay in a hotel after issues with our house forced us out in a 20 minutes time frame. Our family (Mom, Dad, 3 kids & the dog) were a bit frazzeled and unprepared to leave the house. To say the least, we were not the most organized or calmest guests that walked into this hotel. We were treated very well. The room was very clean and spacious. It was a great experience. I hghly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with positive feedback. We are glad we could accommodate you and your family.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here overnight when visiting my daughter at Dickinson. Room was spacious and the staff was friendly. Loads of little shops and non chain related restaurants. You must check out the Hamilton for a hot-chee dog if you stay here. Housekeeping went out of their way to get us extra towels when asked for them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in Carlisle. I informed the staff of your kind words of praise. On your next visit, I recommend you try the Gas Light Grille. Their Chicken Chesapeake and Grilled Portobello sandwiches are fantastic, as well as other choices on the menu!

My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

A nice, spacious room - two double beds, a couch, coffee table, two armchairs, fridge, microwave. Definitely well appointed, but also a bit run down - couch had a bunch of stains on it and the room was not exceptionally clean. The internet service, as others have mentioned was a bit slow and spotty but it wasn't terrible. The biggest problem was that the room was very warm and when we wanted to cool it off to sleep, the AC turned out not to work. It was a miserable night; finally opened the window but then it got too cold. I don't blame the hotel for this; they couldn't have - or might not have known - that the HVAC wasn't working properly. But, when I told the front desk staff in the morning, no one even apologized or made any at restitution. That really bothered me! THe bathroom was quite small, altho adequate, but the shower twice went from hot to freezing when I was showering and that was very unpleasant. Exercise facilities were disappointing- the stair stepper wasn't working and most of the cardio machines lacked a place to put a water bottle or ipod. The equipment was also not very high-quality. Breakfast was fine - a reasonable variety and a reasonably attractive breakfast area. All in all, although conveniently located to Dickinson College - our reason for being in town - I don't think that I would stay there again as there were too many downsides.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LauraRalph

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. On behalf of Comfort Suites, Carlisle, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We truly strive to ensure our guests experience the best visit possible and it is unfortunate we fell short of our goal this time. I spoke with my team about the poor customer service you received, and have a training session arranged to help them learn new effective customer service skills.

We truly appreciate your business and hope this event will not keep you from returning to our establishment. I would personally like to send you an offer for your next stay. Unfortunately, I do not have contact information for you outside of TripAdvisor. I sent you a private message through TripAdvisor; if for some reason you do not receive the message, please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Again, I truly apologize for the experience you had.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

This is an update to an earlier review I posted regarding this specific hotel 90 days ago. This hotel underwent a remarkable change since my last visit, most notably with the restaurant and internet capabilities.
The menu selection was almost entirely replaced with new entrees, from fish and chips, my personal favorite, to a very good cut of New York Strip. During my stay, I noticed many different patrons ordering the same meal more than once. Leading me to believe they also enjoyed their selection, the Pulled Pork and Portabella Mushroom sandwiches seemed to be favorites.
The internet capability was greatly enhanced over the past 90 days, probably due to a new service provider. Be cautious though, evening hours brings congestion. One note on the TVs, for some reason the TVs have had the HDMI input connectors removed and covered, no joy when attempting to connect the TV to a laptop.
It seems that after these past 90 days this hotel is moving in the right direction. I hope that the next 90 days will see the same improvements that include a new treadmill and better furniture. I was not aware until later that the double bed rooms do not have desk chairs in them, even though they have a desk. The staff was more than helpful when I requested one be brought up.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are quieter, higher floors are better.