“A friendly hotel”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Hershey
“A friendly hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful, both when we arrived and when we left! The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The location was perfect for our needs. The breakfast was good but nothing unusual.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words of praise on your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle. I will pass your comments on to the staff. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your room. We hope to see you again on your next stop through Carlisle.

Thank you again for providing us with feedback.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a wonderful experience having our 30 year high school reunion at the Carlisle Comfort Suites! Courtney and Jeremy were a pleasure to work with and the Sangria was memorable. The food was delicious...my suite was perfect. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are glad the reunion was successful! I will pass on your compliments to Courtney and Jeremy. We hope we will see you for your next event.

DC
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is not the sort of hotel I would normally choose so did not know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The style was quaint. The staff had great customer service skills. Bartenders - great! Front Desk - friendly! Housekeeping - excellent! Actually, housekeeping was very quick, and very thorough, they should give that team a raise. The location is very convenient and you can walk to many local restaurants and shops. Parking for a nominal fee. Free wifi in the lobby was good but very poor in the rooms. Wi-fi problems and small beds are all that keep me from rating the hotel higher. Thanks for a great stay Comfort Suites!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your review! I will pass your comments on to each department. We are glad you decided to give the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle a chance. We really appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

We hope to serve your lodging needs in the future.

toronto
Reviewed 25 June 2013

staff seemed confused, room smelled of smoke, "business centre," was one computer in middle of lobby. Printer wasn't working. Lots of noise outside my window. Ticket for parking in wrong spot in their garage. Would never stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
On behalf of the staff I apologize we did not meet your overall expectations. We strive to accommodate our guests and it is truly upsetting to learn you were not happy with your stay. Our establishment is a 100% smoke free environment, and I am uncertain why your room smelled of smoke. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. On our parking passes it does indicate This is NOT a permit, Do not park in permit parking spaces. The permit spaces take up half the first level of the 5 story garage. However, all the other spaces are open to guests. I apologize there was a misunderstanding.

Blaine, MN
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel has become one of my favorites, not just in Carlisle, but around the country. I spend a lot of nights in hotels – around 200 t0 250 nights a year - and really appreciate the effort Comfort Suites in Carlisle goes to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.
I am always greeted with a warm smile and a cherry disposition with a large dose of welcoming. The front desk works hard to meet my needs and always makes sure I understand all the aspects of the hotel.
The rooms are clean and neat. Outlets are in good places and the work area is of a good size. Beds are comfortable with a good selection of pillows.
The restaurant food is good – but there are a large number of good restaurants within walking distance – Just about any cuisine you are in to is available.
I highly recommend the Comfort Suites in Carlisle for your next visit to this nice little town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to know this hotel is one of your favorites in the country. We are committed to guest satisfaction and it is truly rewarding to hear your kind words of praise. I will pass the compliments on to the staff. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Carlisle!

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Comfort Suites is a great stay over destination to enjoy all things Carlisle, especially the car shows at nearby Carlisle Fairgrounds. Located downtown, this hotel offers clean and spacious rooms, city garage parking and a patio restaurant that allows guests to take in the quaint street life and occasional parade.

This was our first stay at the Carlisle Comfort Suites, but the staff made us feel like old friends. This hotel is usually sold out for the shows at Carlisle Events and we were able to book as our car club had reserved a block of rooms.

Carlisle Comfort Suites includes a small bar off the main restaurant and there is a complimentary breakfast. The property offers a fitness center and there are banquet rooms for private parties. Wifi and a shared computer in the lobby are available. There is a small sundries store offering snacks and microwave eats.

Rooms are equipped with a larger flat screen Tv, iron & board, microwave oven, mini fridge and single cup coffee brewer, The in-wall air conditioning unit in our room was adequate at best but we were comfortable during the night. There were no noise issues from outside.

Unfortunately, there is no swimming pool at Comfort Suites, Carlisle because of its downtown location. There is a small fee to park in the adjacent city garage, with its entrance at the end of the alley-driveway to the main lobby check in.

This property is less than ten minutes away from the Carlisle Fairground. The neighborhood around the hotel is dotted with interesting shops and all the charm of this small, historic central Pennsylvania town.

We enjoyed our stay and are already booked for next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your kind words of praise on your recent visit. I will pass on your comments with the staff! We look forward to seeing you for the future car shows.

Princeton, NJ
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The manager of Comfort Suites Carlisle saw my posting back in February in which I complained that my reporting of a problem with the HVAC system (resulting in a sleepless night) was greeted by the front desk staff with a shrug rather than an appropriate apology. The manager offered us a complimentary night if we returned. We did and found the stay pleasant this time. No problems with the HVAC or the hot water. Although the exercise room was still in need of some attention, I would definitely upgrade my initial rating from a 2 to a 4. My thanks and compliments to the manager for her making me a happy customer.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am beyond pleased to hear your last stay was more pleasant than the first. We are so glad you gave us a second chance. It was my honest pleasure to offer you the complimentary stay. Thank you again for allowing us to provide you with a more accommodating stay. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.