“Terrible for business travelers”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Here is the problem. As a business traveler I must have two things, a reliable printer and reliable internet/wifi in room. I had neither. I stayed two nights. Toner was out on the lone laser printer and the front desk didn't know anything about how to fix it. Heck, I could have fixed it if she could have found a replacement toner. Second, they advertise in room wifi/internet. It connects to the wife, but don't expect to get anything done. Page loads are on the order of 5 minutes to load a single page. It is unacceptable that in this age of reliable wifi technology that this is not tested on a regular basis. When I called the front desk, they said, that she couldn't do anything about it, but that the reception in the lobby would likely be better. Well, if that's true, why not do to the floors what you do in the lobby? Frustrating. These two issues, made my stay unproductive, costing me money.

The city of Carlisle is nice though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Since then we have upgraded our internet speed and obtained a new modem. We do have routers on each floor. The internet in our establishment is faster than ever. I apologize you were advised incorrectly about the toner in our printer. We normally have back up behind the desk. I recently advised all front desk staff on how to use the equipment in the lobby, and rest assured it is all working properly. I appreciate the suggestions you made, and hope to see you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a special request on my reservation and the manager at the front desk would not let me check in until she made sure it was fully handled. The front desk people were totally helpful and personable. The hotel was clean, quiet and nicely maintained,as well as being located in the center of a charming town, near restaurants and Dickinson College.
The price was high, but that was because I went during the Gettyburg 150th anniversary time period when the entire region was sold out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are pleased to hear your stay was a nice one. We try to handle every request as soon as we find out there is one. We are fully committed to our guests satisfaction. I will tell the staff of your kind words. We are glad you had a chance to stay in the heart of Carlisle at our establishment. We hope to see you on your next travel.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful, both when we arrived and when we left! The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The location was perfect for our needs. The breakfast was good but nothing unusual.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words of praise on your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle. I will pass your comments on to the staff. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your room. We hope to see you again on your next stop through Carlisle.

Thank you again for providing us with feedback.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a wonderful experience having our 30 year high school reunion at the Carlisle Comfort Suites! Courtney and Jeremy were a pleasure to work with and the Sangria was memorable. The food was delicious...my suite was perfect. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are glad the reunion was successful! I will pass on your compliments to Courtney and Jeremy. We hope we will see you for your next event.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is not the sort of hotel I would normally choose so did not know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The style was quaint. The staff had great customer service skills. Bartenders - great! Front Desk - friendly! Housekeeping - excellent! Actually, housekeeping was very quick, and very thorough, they should give that team a raise. The location is very convenient and you can walk to many local restaurants and shops. Parking for a nominal fee. Free wifi in the lobby was good but very poor in the rooms. Wi-fi problems and small beds are all that keep me from rating the hotel higher. Thanks for a great stay Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your review! I will pass your comments on to each department. We are glad you decided to give the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle a chance. We really appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

We hope to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

staff seemed confused, room smelled of smoke, "business centre," was one computer in middle of lobby. Printer wasn't working. Lots of noise outside my window. Ticket for parking in wrong spot in their garage. Would never stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Carrie S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

On behalf of the staff I apologize we did not meet your overall expectations. We strive to accommodate our guests and it is truly upsetting to learn you were not happy with your stay. Our establishment is a 100% smoke free environment, and I am uncertain why your room smelled of smoke. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. On our parking passes it does indicate This is NOT a permit, Do not park in permit parking spaces. The permit spaces take up half the first level of the 5 story garage. However, all the other spaces are open to guests. I apologize there was a misunderstanding.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel has become one of my favorites, not just in Carlisle, but around the country. I spend a lot of nights in hotels – around 200 t0 250 nights a year - and really appreciate the effort Comfort Suites in Carlisle goes to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.
I am always greeted with a warm smile and a cherry disposition with a large dose of welcoming. The front desk works hard to meet my needs and always makes sure I understand all the aspects of the hotel.
The rooms are clean and neat. Outlets are in good places and the work area is of a good size. Beds are comfortable with a good selection of pillows.
The restaurant food is good – but there are a large number of good restaurants within walking distance – Just about any cuisine you are in to is available.
I highly recommend the Comfort Suites in Carlisle for your next visit to this nice little town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to know this hotel is one of your favorites in the country. We are committed to guest satisfaction and it is truly rewarding to hear your kind words of praise. I will pass the compliments on to the staff. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Carlisle!

Again, thank you for your kind words.