“Great Location - Nothing Fancy”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
QuireQween4
“Great Location - Nothing Fancy”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This hotel is nicely located by some very nice restaurants and the central square of the town. It is within walking distance of Dickinson College. It is a nice hotel, but not much more than a decent budget place. Parking charge in adjacent garage. Not very friendly front desk and breakfast staff. Breakfast was nominal.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed one night in the Comfort Suites in Carlisle prior to visiting Dickinson College. This hotel is well located for a college visit, because you can walk to campus from the hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, and the beds have plenty of feather pillows- that's important to me! The included continental breakfast was convenient and included make-your-own waffles. The hotel has free WiFi. One minor issue with the hotel room was a sink faucet that did not work correctly so that cold water was only a trickle.

A special thank you goes to the housekeeping staff who turned in my daughter's IPOD which she accidentally left in the room. We were halfway home to Philly when she realized the IPOD was missing. I called the hotel desk and they informed me that the housekeeping staff had found the IPOD and turned it in. Wow...I thought the chances of that IPOD being returned were slim and none! It is comforting to know that there are still honest people in the world. Shanna, the manager, contacted me via email and arranged to send it to me via Fed Ex. She was very professional and accomodating. So thanks again to the staff at Comfort Suites --you really saved the day!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I've been staying here a few times per year for the last 8 years. This last trip I noticed a big decline in the cleanliness of the rooms. The bedspreads were horribly wrinkled as if they'd been slept in and never changed. I requested new ones but never got them. I found part of a cookie in the sofa. The trashcan in the room wasn't cleaned when I arrived but it was emptied after I checked in. The carpets definitely did not look clean at all.

I did a bed bug check and the mattress looked clean enough. I'm hoping that someone from the hotel notices this and brings the cleanliness back to it's old very good levels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We recently attended a wedding and stayed at the Comfort Suites. The restaurant and facilities are excellent. The room was good but the bathroom was very small. With a suite, I would have expected a larger bathroom. Also, the water came out the sink very fast and tended to splash everywhere.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New Galilee, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I was in town for 2 weeks for a training seminar at nearby Loysville. The Comfort Suites is a great hotel to stay at. The rooms are clean and well kept. I am a big germaphobe so I removed the comforter even though it looked spotless as well as wiped all the common surfaces down. There wasn't any strange odors or spots anywhere. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar is well stocked with coffees, breads, muffins, cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, eggs, assorted meats depending on the day and waffle makers for the belgins. The resturant is very tasty and reasonably priced. The location is great and there are many things to see and places to visit within walking distance. The high speed internet wasn't all that high speed and it did go down once during my stay but was quickly fixed. The bed was comfortable, clean and had plenty of pillows. My first week I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet. The second week I was on the 1st floor which seemed to be a bit more trafficed but still acceptable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone coming to the area whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank crazifroggie
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We arrived on March 8 at 6pm. Check-in was quick and courteous. The room was clean and free of any unusual smells, although my daughter did discover a small spot of mildew in the shower under the soap tray (only visible by someone sitting in the tub). Our suite consisted of 2 double beds in a single room. There was a small refrigerator and microwave. There was also a small coffee pot. There was a television located at the foot of the two beds. The light switch in the bathroom is not attached to a noisy fan as it is in some hotels. In many hotels this usually wakes up everyone else in the room whenever you use the bathroom. The hotel does not have its own parking lot. They do provide you with a parking pass ($3) to use the parking garage directly behind the hotel. We were lucky enough to get a close parking space. Otherwise we could have had a pretty long haul for our luggage. I suppose we could also have just carried our luggage in during check-in while temporarily parked in front of the lobby, but we normally just find a space first and bring in the luggage. If you travel light, this is probably a non issue. I believe the hotel advertised having wireless internet, but it was not functional in our room (#109). However, there was also an Ethernet plug (with cable) in the room that worked fine, except you were limited as to where you could use the computer by the length of the cable. When we tried to view the wireless signal strength, the signal for the hotel was only 2 out of 5 bars at best and often faded away entirely. We did not bother to complain about it (being perfectly satisfied with the Ethernet connection), so I don’t know if the hotel staff could have resolved the wireless issue or not. Our room had an unusually high ceiling from my experience. I think there was almost enough room to add another floor. Although the hotel is located downtown, our room was very quiet. We had no problems sleeping. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Complimentary breakfast – Breakfast was very good – a nice assortment of eggs, breads, sausage, muffins, juices, cereals, yogurt, coffee. The breakfast bar is very large – big enough for 2 Belgian waffle makers. Many hotels I have visited have a single waffle maker, resulting in a waiting line. It was not a problem here. There were also apples and oranges. There was plenty of table space available.

We ordered pizza and calzones from Papa Johns down the street. They conveniently accepted the order by credit and delivered to the room on time.

Had fun just walking around near the hotel, visiting various shops and bookstores.

We especially liked the Pomfret Street bookstore. We ended up purchasing almost $100 worth of used books!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank HistoryBuff13
Ambler
Reviewed 30 October 2009

On a recent weekend trip to PSU/Dickinson School of Law reunion weekend, we again stayed at this conveniently located hotel. Upon our early AM arrival I was greeted by Front Office Manager Shanna Johnson. I was immediately checked in with ease and told we would be able to have the same front room that we have had in past years. The rooms are large...with comfortable beds (lots of pillows), sofa and coffee table, 2 chairs, new large HD 32" TV, microwave, frig, and coffee maker.
After 'browsing' around town for a local pub to watch the Penn State game, we returned to the breakfast/bar/restaurant area and waitress Teleshia put the game on both TVs and "got" us our beverages. We enjoyed the smoke free environment (and Penn State was winning big over Michigan), therefore, it was time for a snack. Jesse, the chef, was happy to serve up an assorted appetizer plate and some of his homemade delicious soup.
In the morning, a very nice assortment of breakfast items are available. 3 choices of coffee, various juices, muffins, crispy bacon, breads, cereals, egg patties (for mcmuffins) and "fresh" batter to make waffles! Ruby was there to chat and help out the patrons.
We have already made our reservations for our return visit in April. My compliments to the entire staff.....and almost forgot.......check in parking right out front on the street.....and a parking garage out the back door. Excellent value too!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business